Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last time you lost your temper

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

not yet wrote: »
    The roof of me caravan started leaking there last week - I asked the owner of the trailer park to fix it, but he said I was three months behind with the rent so I could ask his hole...this made me very angry, but not nearly as angry as when I asked the lads down the pub if they thought yer man should fix me roof and they all told me to feck off and pay my rent first. Ohh, I was hopping.[/QUO

Ladies and Gentlemen may I present for your personal delight and delectation.........Curly, Larry and the only and only Moe.

Not at all - another poster got a bit short with me and I responded. No anger involved. The leaky roof made me angry, but not this mild tooing-and froing. You have to expect a bit of nonsense on AH, silly posts dwarf the serious ones. I rarely lose my temper anyway, I'm hugely calm. At least no-ones mocking your trouble and strife.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Not at all - another poster got a bit short with me and I responded. No anger involved. The leaky roof made me angry, but not this mild tooing-and froing. You have to expect a bit of nonsense on AH, silly posts dwarf the serious ones. I rarely lose my temper anyway, I'm hugely calm.

That tends to be the case when you have a big gaf and 100s working for you..
    and look a bit like zoolander.

That tends to be the case when you have a big gaf and 100s working for you..
    and look a bit like zoolander.

You've lost me there, I told you it's a caravan. And I'm unemployed. I used to work as a bin-man, but I got the sack because I was rubbish at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭RomanKnows

I think the readers of AH are being subjected to some monumentally unfunny, and indeed painful to read, injoke amongst a group of posters who seem to think they are funny. It's cringeworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

RomanKnows wrote: »
    I think the readers of AH are being subjected to some monumentally unfunny, and indeed painful to read, injoke amongst a group of posters who seem to think they are funny. It's cringeworthy.

Totally untrue.

We know we're funny, actually.

• Advertisement

Did you lose your temper though?

I disagree, I think it's comedy gold. You just have to ''be there''

Did you lose your temper though?

A fit of rage, piss, sweat and eventually soiling due to the extreme levels of anger he succumbed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

This morning on the way to work. A lorry blocking up the entire road for several minutes. I always seem to meet gobshytes when I'm in a hurry.

This morning on the way to work. A lorry blocking up the entire road for several minutes. I always seem to meet gobshytes when I'm in a hurry.

Wasn't a bin lorry no?

• Advertisement

Would you lads not set up your own little site and exchange funny stories all day long...

It could be a bit like reservoir dogs, Mr fat, Mr Gypo, Mr Orange, Mr spastic and Mr Gimp....

Sorry who are you..? Your blocking my view please move..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Wasn't a bin lorry no?

For for once it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Would you lads not set up your own little site and exchange funny stories all day long...

It could be a bit like reservoir dogs, Mr fat, Mr Gypo, Mr Orange, Mr spastic and Mr Gimp....

That's not very nice, are you an angry individual who is prone to fits of rage?

Deank wrote: »
    That's not very nice, are you an angry individual who is prone to fits of rage?

Yes, but only fat chaps can set me off....funny that, something to do with being cnuts or something........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Dumb motherfukin' horse.

Wasn't the horse's fault. Sure, some horses can pull quite hard and so the jockey is left with no option but to let it run on but in this case, the horse only went off into a lead, at a speed you would associate with shorter distances, in response to the jockey's urgings. Notorious way of cheating but yet being able to look as if the jockey is giving it his all come the finish, as is the opposite of holding a horse up at the back and only asking them for an effort when it's too late. Sport is full of that malarkey. Read any jockey's autobiography and they make it abundantly clear (without hanging themselves at least) that they are often given instructions to run races with an eye firmly on either keeping the horse's handicap mark where it is or just given it a run so that it is in prime condition for a future race which it is entered in. In any case: no use crying over split milk. Cheltenham next week, I'll get it back.

Wasn't the horse's fault. Sure, some horses can pull quite hard and so the jockey is left with no option but to let it run on but in this case, the horse only went off into a lead, at a speed you would associate with shorter distances, in response to the jockey's urgings. Notorious way of cheating but yet being able to look as if the jockey is giving it his all come the finish, as is the opposite of holding a horse up at the back and only asking them for an effort when it's too late. Sport is full of that malarkey. Read any jockey's autobiography and they make it abundantly clear (without hanging themselves at least) that they are often given instructions to run races with an eye firmly on either keeping the horse's handicap mark where it is or just given it a run so that it is in prime condition for a future race which it is entered in. In any case: no use crying over split milk. Cheltenham next week, I'll get it back.

I know a chap that's a bleedin deadly tipster if your interested..

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Had this idea today and then realised it had been done before but that was years ago so let's just roll with it. So, when was the last time you lost your temper?

Happened to me today which sparked this idea. I eat lunch leaning against a locker talking to the people opposite of me. A girl who's locker I was standing in front of asked me to move away which I did, she then continued to push and push the door of the locker against my legs (it's the bottom locker) pinning me kind of against the wall. I told her to cop the f*ck on but didn't lose my temper. I went back into my original place when she left but she soon returned and asked me to move which I did except this time she pulled out a big, fat science exam papers book and slapped me across the chest, started laughing and walked away. I saw red, opened up her locker, grabbed all the books and threw them across the big hallway with sheets and pages flying everywhere and called her a "dumb motherf*cker". :)

So you sat in front of a locker and shouted at a girl whilst throwing her stuff across the floor?

You're cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I think everyone needs to have a nice cup of tea and settle down. C'mon, I'll put the kettle on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I am The O'Neill. The last warp-spasm I had, with the power of Danu the Earth-Goddess coursing through me, killing 50 to the left and 50 to the right (I didn't think it too many, by the way) caused a share of bother. But fcuk 'em.

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    I am The O'Neill. The last warp-spasm I had, with the power of Danu the Earth-Goddess coursing through me, killing 50 to the left and 50 to the right (I didn't think it too many, by the way) caused a share of other. But fcuk 'em.

Freedom..........

I think everyone needs to have a nice cup of tea and settle down. C'mon, I'll put the kettle on

where's your gaf...?

where's your gaf...?

That's a very personal question.....

Freedom..........

I'm at least 3,000 years older than that! :)

where's your gaf...?

Come, Mongan - let us find a suitable skull from which to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Mod

Lads, would ye ever knock it off and keep the in jokes and trolling to your own forum. It's not welcome here.

You know who I'm talking to.

LizT wrote: »
    Mod

Lads, would ye ever knock it off and keep the in jokes and trolling to your own forum. It's not welcome here.

You know who I'm talking to.

The Earth-Goddess finally appears. Sator Arepo Tenet Opera Rotas! :)

That's a very personal question.....

You invited us all for tae didn't you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Surely an advocate of mindfulness such as yourself would find it awfully difficult to lose the bap?

Boo-urns. :pac:

• Advertisement

You invited us all for tae didn't you..

No, I said I'd put the kettle on!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement