Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last time you lost your temper

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

I don't think a guy should lose his temper too often.

The OP lost his temper too quickly, but he's probably like 17 years of age.

At that age, losing your temper once in a while is fair enough
    Lapin wrote: »
    By rising above whatever or whoever pisses you off and handling the situation with dignity and a dirty look, you win everything

That sounds like passive aggression tbh.

Conveying emotions with a "dirty look" is unlikely to resolve much.

Not cool for adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Tubberadora

17th march 1998. I've served my time and completed my rehabilitation. Won't ever let my temper get the better of me again. Out 6 years now and love everyday of my freedom.
    In my defense she should never have pushed that locker against my leg the dumb mother****er

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

17th march 1998. I've served my time and completed my rehabilitation. Won't ever let my temper get the better of me again. Out 6 years now and love everyday of my freedom.
    In my defense she should never have pushed that locker against my leg the dumb mother****er
    She has been the ruin of many a man i hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

In a thread about Duel citizenship, is a fairly easy concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Was making my husband and myself some nice coddle since its cold out for dinner yesterday and realised he had given all the veg that I planned on using to the pet rabbit.

I am pregnant and I felt this huge surge of emotion mainly anger because I told him I was using that veg for the dinner. Then I started crying.

Later he rang me and I told him about it and we both started laughing at how irrational i was being. Now in writing this Im starting to feel a little bit angry about it again. :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

I was getting my stuff out of my locker there and this twit wouldn't move, the door kept bumping off him he was standing so close, the second time it happened I just clattered him with a big science book. He started screaming like a maniac and threw all my stuff on the floor. Ohhhh, I was so angry...and he smells.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I work in a high-pressure and time sensitive career here in Frankfurt. Other people's mistakes or humming and hawing can have a direct influence on how well I do for my client portfolio. So I'll admit to losing my temper with interns, IT staff, back office team from time-to-time. It's the nature of the role. It blows over quickly and I don't hold onto grudges. I just expect a level of professionalism and dedication from others like I expect from myself. I don't think this is unreasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Had this idea today and then realised it had been done before but that was years ago so let's just roll with it. So, when was the last time you lost your temper?

Happened to me today which sparked this idea. I eat lunch leaning against a locker talking to the people opposite of me. A girl who's locker I was standing in front of asked me to move away which I did, she then continued to push and push the door of the locker against my legs (it's the bottom locker) pinning me kind of against the wall. I told her to cop the f*ck on but didn't lose my temper. I went back into my original place when she left but she soon returned and asked me to move which I did except this time she pulled out a big, fat science exam papers book and slapped me across the chest, started laughing and walked away. I saw red, opened up her locker, grabbed all the books and threw them across the big hallway with sheets and pages flying everywhere and called her a "dumb motherf*cker". :)

Fake story, like other threads you have started someone likes attention,

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I work in a high-pressure and time sensitive career here in Frankfurt. Other people's mistakes or humming and hawing can have a direct influence on how well I do for my client portfolio. So I'll admit to losing my temper with interns, IT staff, back office team from time-to-time. It's the nature of the role. It blows over quickly and I don't hold onto grudges. I just expect a level of professionalism and dedication from others like I expect from myself. I don't think this is unreasonable.

You actually sound very unprofessional tbh, Anyone who loses their temper in the work place isn't fit for the job imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Last weekend. Spilled soup. I get more angry at food and things for playing tricks on me than people.

• Advertisement

You actually sound very unprofessional tbh, Anyone who loses their temper in the work place isn't fir for the job imo.

Listen, losing your temper might be seen as inappropriate if you work in the public service, or in a shop selling trinkets, dream catchers and patchouli oil. It’s an unfortunate reality of working in the career I’m in. We work as a closely-coupled team of financial professionals. Certain standards are expected. If someone is making mistakes or not pulling their weight then they are going to hear about it. That could be a new intern, someone on the other end of the phone in one of our back office teams, the IT guy asked to call down immediately to fix an issue. It’s the environment we work in. I made mistakes myself when I started out in the career. I got a bollocking from other team members. I took it as of-the-moment feedback and learned from it. It was nothing personal. If someone is so thin skinned that they take it personally then I’d suggest they find a slightly more relaxed career. It mightn’t pay as well, but I’m sure they can attend classes on conflict resolution and body language dynamics as part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I was getting my stuff out of my locker there and this twit wouldn't move, the door kept bumping off him he was standing so close, the second time it happened I just clattered him with a big science book. He started screaming like a maniac and threw all my stuff on the floor. Ohhhh, I was so angry...and he smells.

Was this in the huge gaf you own or the caravan beside it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Listen, losing your temper might be seen as inappropriate if you work in the public service, or in a shop selling trinkets, dream catchers and patchouli oil. It’s an unfortunate reality of working in the career I’m in. We work as a closely-coupled team of financial professionals. Certain standards are expected. If someone is making mistakes or not pulling their weight then they are going to hear about it. That could be a new intern, someone on the other end of the phone in one of our back office teams, the IT guy asked to call down immediately to fix an issue. It’s the environment we work in. I made mistakes myself when I started out in the career. I got a bollocking from other team members. I took it as of-the-moment feedback and learned from it. It was nothing personal. If someone is so thin skinned that they take it personally then I’d suggest they find a slightly more relaxed career. It mightn’t pay as well, but I’m sure they can attend classes on conflict resolution and body language dynamics as part of it.

ok ok don't loose your temper about it!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ElWalrus

You actually sound very unprofessional tbh, Anyone who loses their temper in the work place isn't fir for the job imo.

d87ba29abc3616d979229c22b14ee05f.jpg :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The two of ye are spoilt brats who have way too much and don't realise it. I prescribe a month of wheelbarrowing ancient pig-shít out of an old stock-house with daily beatings at 6am.
    Listen, losing your temper might be seen as inappropriate if you work in the public service, or in a shop selling trinkets, dream catchers and patchouli oil. It’s an unfortunate reality of working in the career I’m in...

G'wan de AvB bah - Falcon-Punch the lot of 'em! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭circadian

not yet wrote: »
    Was this in the huge gaf you own or the caravan beside it..

Well done on the tldr in the first post.

circadian wrote: »
    Well done on the tldr in the first post.

You mean the one beside the other one that next to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Last weekend. Spilled soup. I get more angry at food and things for playing tricks on me than people.

I shout at myself when I manage to spill coffee, which is a lot. Stuff is damn precious.

I was in the shopping centre the other week and had got myself a green tea and I know walking around with a hot drink in your hand is risky, but going down the escalator some tiny people were runnning up and down and managed to bump into me and make me spill it all over my hand. I nearly lost my temper and wanted to turn around and give their mother/father the death eyes to control their little horrors, but I kept my cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Surely an advocate of mindfulness such as yourself would find it awfully difficult to lose the bap?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭circadian

not yet wrote: »
    You mean the one beside the other one that next to it...

Exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

called her a "dumb motherf*cker". :)

What time did you take a flight back to the states? Also it snowed last night so be careful you don't slip on the sidewalk, you gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I have held jobs where one tiny mistake could cost people their lives so don't give me that crap. Some people just put way too much importance on their own self worth, there are computer programmes that could do your job. Put your head between your legs and take some deep breaths, the world will continue to spin long after you and i have turned to dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I have held jobs where one tiny mistake could cost people their lives so don't give me that crap. Some people just put way too much importance on their own self worth, there are computer programmes that could do your job. Put your head between your legs and take some deep breaths, the world will continue to spin long after you and i have turned to dust.

I had a T-shirt years ago with the logo "Go away, or I will replace you with a very small shell-script!" That was a popular one around the office. :pac:

circadian wrote: »
    Exactly.

Now I'm confused, not confused in a upset way just upset but not in a annoyed way that I could lose my temper, just annoyed in a confused way....if you know what I mean..!!

Backed a horse today and the jockey decided (for reasons only known to himself) to go off like the clappers as if it was a race over 1m4f (it was over 2m6f) thereby exhausting the fcuking horse and ensuring that it had nothing left in the tank at the finish. A seasoned pro and nobody knows why he did it. Cheating a distinct possibility. I got so angry I shouted really bad things at my laptop. Things such as how I'll never back another horse he has his boney little arse up on again, etc etc. I'm not proud.

Dumb motherfukin' horse.

Thinly veiled 'I have a big job that pays a lot of money, therefore making me more important in the world than you' reply.

Chill out Aongus, why don't you go out on the lash Friday night, have a curry chip on your way home, stay in bed all weekend watching sports only rising to go get a full Irish breakfast washed down by bottles of coke.

Chill out Aongus, why don't you go out on the lash Friday night, have a curry chip on your way home, stay in bed all weekend watching sports only rising to go get a full Irish breakfast washed down by bottles of coke.
    What about the ride..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Surely an advocate of mindfulness such as yourself would find it awfully difficult to lose the bap?

:D

Is his gimmick slipping?

• Advertisement

Alas, while I'm a huge believer in the power of mindfulness, I'm only too aware that it doesn't work miracles. Negative emotions are still present. We just have a new set of skills for analysing them.
    If it cured anger issues then boards.ie would be offering free courses in it to many of the angry young men around here so they could relax, breathe and stop taking things so seriously.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement