Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo/Leitrim General Election! 2015/2016?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

You can ask that of every outgoing TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

After all the tallies and transfers, here's how they all did.

CcVvVjyXIAUG6RN.jpg:large

Fouund this. First preference votes for each candidate. Some interesting and slightly surprising results.

https://electionsireland.org/result.cfm?election=2016&cons=204

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

People actually voted him back in? I was actually hoping Reynolds would have got in before him. I know several people who didn't actually know he was a serving TD. Has he delivered anything substatial for the €688,000 he cost us over the last 5 years?

Plus, he's 72. Apparently it's a good quality in a public representative to do absolutely nothing for 5 years. I voted FG, and still left him off the ballot paper. Whatever you say about MacSharry or Kenny and the parties they represent, at least they're relatively young and may be of some use to the constituency.

McLoughlin is none of these things. Neither, quite frankly is Scanlon and I'm from Ballymote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

red sean wrote: »
    They're legal litter and serve no purpose. Add them to all the rubbish thats put through our letterboxes and ask yourself how much mre face recognition do we need?
    Has anyone ever voted for someone because of a poster?

I found a good use for some discarded ones a few elections ago - they are great for keeping the weeds from growing on my veg boxes over the autumn/winter months -
    They don't disintegrate and block out all they light - it was also satisfying to face the candidates mug muck down ;)

Otherwise I agree, don't see the point to them at all, if anything they sublimibly put me off voting for someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Does anyone know if there's a breakdown of the 1st preferences by polling station. The Champion did it for the last election.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sligojoek wrote:
    Does anyone know if there's a breakdown of the 1st preferences by polling station. The Champion did it for the last election.

It was on the ocean FM website last I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Ocean had the tallies per booth, not sure about the actual count. But they would be fairly close.

red sean wrote: »
    Ocean had the tallies per booth, not sure about the actual count. But they would be fairly close.
    That's what I wanted. I had a quick look through Ocean's site but cant find it. Maybe they've taken it down. Not all that important. Just curiosity about my own area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

sligojoek wrote: »
    That's what I wanted. I had a quick look through Ocean's site but cant find it. Maybe they've taken it down. Not all that important. Just curiosity about my own area.

http://sligotally.azurewebsites.net/SligoTallies2016.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Could we be heading for Rd2 in the 2016 Election, seems no one can agree to work with Enda and FG.

So next question is who will run, will the Indos have the funds or the heart, will Renua put anyone forward following their disastrous performance first time round, will the usual candidates/suspects turn out for FG/FF/SF?

Will we have the canvassers, posters, and debates again?

Interesting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Will it make much difference I doubt it only cost the country more money.perhaps it's time to change the way we put together a government after all the political climate has changed no long are they two big parties.maybe it time to change it

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Why is there some Seanad posters up around town? The general public can't vote on it so how are posters allowed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

thebuzz wrote: »
    Why is there some Seanad posters up around town? The general public can't vote on it so how are posters allowed up?

There was a County council conference in Sligo Park a few weeks ago so there was a certain amount of canvassing going on. The posters just haven't been taken down. Don't know about the legality of them being up ar all.

Advertisement