Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Divas" Wrestling thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

rovert wrote: »
    Not sure if this story has been posted before on here. Her mother has said it on a few podcasts. It is gas:
    http://www.metalinjection.net/gossip/wwe-diva-paige-reveals-her-real-name-was-inspired-by-fn-slayer

Yeah I read that last night but isn't her real first name not spelt saraya not soraya ? I've only seen it spelt the first way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Paige will be in a Christmas movie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpB2AQSxZEs

- PWInsider has confirmed that Tamina Snuka will making her WWE return soon. Tamina is expected back in time for the European tour that begins on April 9th in Newcastle, England.

The idea six months ago I heard was that Tamina would be Sasha Banks bodyguard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The idea six months ago I heard was that Tamina would be Sasha Banks bodyguard.

Why has she been off camera so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Paige will be in a Christmas movie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpB2AQSxZEs

as if Christmas Bounty wasn't bad enough - why must Miz destroy Christmas!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Why has she been off camera so long?

She had knee surgery

http://www.wwe.com/inside/tamina-snuka-injury-update-june-6-2014-26374394

Tamina must be sick of the bodyguard role

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

The bodyguard role is suited to her because, while she has good character and presence, she's not really good enough in the ring to be a top heel on her own. We did see some of her best stuff when she was AJ's bodyguard

I hope that this week is an indication that Naomi is getting a title push. She really deserves it. And after the downright diabolical performances from AJ lately, it's time to have some new blood in the title picture. Naomi vs Charlotte could be quite the feud as well

Apparently Cameron and Rosa have been removed from the S4 Total Divas cast. This could be good news for Cameron, as it'll allow her to go back down to NXT and train full time.

If you want to have a more serious division then Naomi needs to remove her ass to face moves. They are everything that is wrong with Divas.

Also disagree on Tamina, she is wasted as a body guard only. remember as AJs bodyguard she did most of the wrestling just ended up losing/taking pins which made her look like nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Tamina's pretty poor at everything else though. I was genuinely hoping she wouldn't come back solely so I wouldn't have to see her opponents sell being hit with her jacket. That spot annoys me a lot and it happens near the start of every single match she has.

Maybe i need to pay more attention then.

as it goes i don't thing Sasha needs a bodyguard. If she ends up with one it points to more ****ty booking of female wrestlers.

• Advertisement

Rare enough group pic of the current NXT women's roster:
    CBm135mUgAAlE8r.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Kayfabe is dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Tamina's pretty poor at everything else though. I was genuinely hoping she wouldn't come back solely so I wouldn't have to see her opponents sell being hit with her jacket. That spot annoys me a lot and it happens near the start of every single match she has.

She is very bland, think because she is quite ripped and doesn't look like a standard diva barbie doll, people over estimate her ring ability. Zero charisma as well.
    I'd honestly go as far and say, she would have been binned if she wasn't related to The Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Pentecost wrote: »
    Kayfabe is dead!

Been dead for a LONG time !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Rare enough group pic of the current NXT women's roster:
    CBm135mUgAAlE8r.jpg

whos second from left?

whos second from left?

Dana Brooke

Background as a fitness model, bodybuilder. Debuts on NXT in next couple of weeks (That was advertised during NXT this week)

After Nikki Bella burying her last week on Smackdown AJ Lee reverts to type and has took the whole of April off.
    whos second from left?

Dana Brooke. You will know who she is in two weeks after she debuts on NXT trust me!

Breaking News: AJ Lee has announced her retirement from in ring competiton.

But premature,I must say she is only 28 after all.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Breaking News: AJ Lee has announced her retirement from in ring competiton.

But premature,I must say she is only 28 after all.

That's a bit **** as I liked AJ. I wonder how much heat punk will take from her fans who will blame him for her retiring. I suppose like edge she got to go out on top winning at mania. That's something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That's a bit **** as I liked AJ. I wonder how much heat punk will take from her fans who will blame him for her retiring. I suppose like edge she got to go out on top winning at mania. That's something.
    Retiring undefeated at Wrestlemania.

AJ > The Undertaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I liked AJ but it seems like a good time for her to go, she's been fairly occasional for a while now and there's not much more for her to achieve really. I liked her in NXT and she's had a very good career since. A likeable girl too from what I can tell.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I've a feeling like,I say a lot of wrestling fans have that there's more then meets the eye hear. I don't believe she has just retired,because she has achieved all she could with the WWE,I do think there was still more for her to achieve.

She's a big loss for the WWE Divas division and was only recently tweeting about giving the divas a chance. Like I said there's much more to this story to still come out.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    I've a feeling like,I say a lot of wrestling fans have that there's more then meets the eye hear. I don't believe she has just retired,because she has achieved all she could with the WWE,I do think there was still more for her to achieve.

She's a big loss for the WWE Divas division and was only recently tweeting about giving the divas a chance. Like I said there's much more to this story to still come out.

Well she was the longest reigning divas champ in history and held it three times and was raw GM and was fairly involved in big storylines and her and Ziggler and big E was superb stuff. Honestly though what else could she have achieved ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

She couldn't handle the fact that Nikki Bella has surpassed her.

/Pipebomb.

@CMPunk: #ThankYouAJ

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Bring back Mickie and Maryse I say. For no real reason other than I liked them.

With regards to Tamina, I don't see a real point in bringing her back. She was never that exciting to be honest. Although credit where it's due that 3 week push she had a few years back when she has the match at Elimination Chamber with Beth Phoenix was decent enough. Maybe a babyface turn?

AJ Lee. Big loss to the division in my opinion. I don't think she was as good a wrestler as she was a personality but she was still capable of turning out a decent match if she wanted it. A Naomi v AJ match from NXT iN 2010!!

http://youtu.be/TG-biPOCyeo

Ignore the inane Cole commentary but showed that she was capable of pulling it out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Never liked her, the skipping to the ring annoyed me no end.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

After only watching the total divas finale did the bellas resign in the end? Im guessing they did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Break the rules, be a fighter?

Breaking WWE's 90 day no compete clause?

TNA?

Ajay Leigh?

Advertisement