Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Divas" Wrestling thread

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Michelle McCool was a very underrated talent. I remember her getting a lot of stick at the time but once she turned heel i thought she was brilliant.

Maryse was another one I enjoyed watching. Still miss her now when you look at Eva Marie or Dana trying to do a similar gimmick and not quite mastering it

She's a lot like nikki bella, she started to date a top guy and got criticism from that. They ignored the fact she was decent in the ring and had a very good character and team with Layla

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Laycool were good fun. The squeals from Layla in particular when she'd be in trouble in the ring were funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I remember I'd taken a break from WWE and I was hearing all this hate about Michelle McCool. So I expected her to be awful. Then I watched her in the ring and was pleasantly surprised. Other Divas who worked with her said she was always great for helping them out and letting them try new things. As far as I know, there's a lot of talk of backstage heat but no actual specific reports - apart from one where Krissy Vaine said they had a disagreement in DSW or that she and Natalya had an argument backstage once.

Maryse really could have been something great. If she hadn't been injured she may have become a really stellar wrestler. She and Michelle had a title match on Smackdown that I thought was fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just thinking with ones like James Storm moving to WWE, do you think we could see the return of Kharma?

I hope we do. Even though the division is much more stacked talent-wise these days, she's still an attraction in her own right. I'd love for her to get a WWE run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I have grown to like Nikki Bella as a performer ever since she was given Divas championship last year.

I think she more than capable of having great matches, it is just the fact that the divas on the main roster still don't get good length matches compared to women down on NXT. Her and Brie were the first to admit that it is better to be on NXT than on main roster.

I never really got why people always said Brie was the better worker. Whenever I've seen them in singles action, Nikki's always been more solid. Brie seems fine when she's a face but she struggles to be a heel. Nikki on the other hand can play both and she's always been able to help the greener girls in matches. I'd love to see both of them relocate to NXT so they could get the chance to have longer matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,547 ✭✭✭✭briany

mxph3 wrote: »
    I have grown to like Nikki Bella as a performer ever since she was given Divas championship last year.

I think she more than capable of having great matches, it is just the fact that the divas on the main roster still don't get good length matches compared to women down on NXT. Her and Brie were the first to admit that it is better to be on NXT than on main roster.

People love to hate Nikki, and she's probably the best heel for that reason. I know people don't necessarily hate her for traditional reasons, but wrestling is in a post-traditional era.

All the women are capable of good matches, I'm sure, even Tamina who's fairly slated by the IWC. She'd be a great brawler-type, just coming in and beating people up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I never really got why people always said Brie was the better worker. Whenever I've seen them in singles action, Nikki's always been more solid. Brie seems fine when she's a face but she struggles to be a heel. Nikki on the other hand can play both and she's always been able to help the greener girls in matches. I'd love to see both of them relocate to NXT so they could get the chance to have longer matches.

I think before they took there break from wrestling brie was better but nikki has worked hard to get better and better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just thinking with ones like James Storm moving to WWE, do you think we could see the return of Kharma?

I think Nia Jax is pretty much Kharma that we never fully got in WWE.

• Advertisement
Advertisement