Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Divas" Wrestling thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It's a bit tough to care about title reign lengths in what is a fixed sport though

It is fixed?

I'll actually be surprised if an AJ Lee fan doesn't ring in a bomb threat September 19th on either the arena or Titan Towers. They are on par with ISIS. Check them out on social media.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Maybe I am alone on this but for me winning a belt is just a reward for a wrestler or a prop to artificially position them. I dont really care who is the champ, it's the well booked feuds and good characters that interest me, I couldnt care less how many times someone has won a belt or how long their reign was (at least in the WWE since they've treated their belts so badly the last years)

Maybe I am alone on this but for me winning a belt is just a reward for a wrestler or a prop to artificially position them. I dont really care who is the champ, it's the well booked feuds and good characters that interest me, I couldnt care less how many times someone has won a belt or how long their reign was (at least in the WWE since they've treated their belts so badly the last years)

You haven't been impressed with Nikki Bella's hasn't defended the title since Best in the East title reign? :P

rovert wrote: »
    You haven't been impressed with Nikki Bella's hasn't defended the title since Best in the East title reign? :P
    I wonder who had the most defenses, her or Dean Ambrose with the US title? :pac:

Now that's an interesting record, who can go the longest without defending their belt

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Rosa talking about anybody's work ethic or wrestling skill is laughable. How many years she been there now?

• Advertisement

Rosa talking about anybody's work ethic or wrestling skill is laughable. How many years she been there now?

Eva Marie at the time of filming had a long standing rep of no showing WWE Live Events and press events because she could. Rosa didn't do that even if you think she's a waste of space.

rovert wrote: »
    Eva Marie at the time of filming had a long standing rep of no showing WWE Live Events and press events because she could. Rosa didn't do that even if you think she's a waste of space.

I'm not defending Eva Marie at all. I actually couldn't care less about her. I think she's only there to be famous and doesn't ever care about being a good wrestler. It'll be interesting to see how long she lasts once Total Divas finishes up.

What made me laugh was Rosa talking about having to protect her in the ring and her limitations. It's like watch any Rosa match ever if you want to talk about limitations. When she is in the ring the commentators are basically laughing at her. You can't tell me that someone who's been signed for 9 years should still be that crap a wrestler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I wonder who had the most defenses, her or Dean Ambrose with the US title? :pac:

Now that's an interesting record, who can go the longest without defending their belt

Brock's four months would be hard to beat.

Brock's four months would be hard to beat.
    I forgot about that one, I even forgot Brock was champ :eek: what an awful reign that was

• Advertisement

Paige Total Divas tonight! LIVE Q&A!
    https://www.facebook.com/DivaOfTomorrow/videos/1681778032056942

During the middle of a Smackdown taping with the roster walking past.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I turn on this video and Dolph Ziggler is talking about 1000 strokes. Not good. However, here's Becky. Paige seems less annoying in this context. Imagine if Kevin powerbombed her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Rant incoming...
    She is supposed to beat Bayley on her second or third turn and she will be beating a babyface champion as a face herself. They consider her to be the prodigy of NXT as she has better looks than "any other in NXT". Also, they won't give her the title the first time as they "fear it might backfire".
    Source: Wrestling Observer Radio.
    Dave Meltzer : " They think she can be a superstar because every other girl has limitations but she doesn't because she looks like she looks".
    Bryan Alvarez : What about her other limitations?
    DM : I know, so anyway, it's so painful to watch they way they have to put her over, you know, like ( on commentary ) - "She's improved so much". As bad as that match was ( vs. Billie Kay ) , she's a million times better than she was a year ago.
    BA : (paraphrasing) She was just as bad as ever on NXT this past Wednesday.
    DM : No, No, No ; She can sell and do basic things, before she couldn't do anything. Now she's at the level of someone who has trained a little bit and is almost ready to be on TV in about 9 months.
    (Bryan and Meltzer argue how Villanos match on AAA IPPV was maybe better than this match)
    DM : In commentary they're like : "She's proving everyone wrong" . Crowd really wants her to fail almost as much as the Management wants her to succeed. Almost like a New Day thing.
    BA : It's like a Roman Reigns thing.
    DM : No,Roman Reigns is super talented. We can understand the Roman Reigns deal but Eva Marie doesn't have even almost the potential to be a star.

Sooooo, we have Ronda Rousey, the US soccer team, Serena Williams etc, women who reached the top in their fields by being the best.

WWE pushes someone because of their looks and calls it a "revolution".

She's not even all that. Those dead eyes....

Alexa, Emma, Carmella, even Bayley are all better looking and 100x more talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Smell of Vince all over that.

Eva Marie is a look and nothing more and is only there for as long as Total Divas remains a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Maybe it's all an elaborate ploy to get Reigns over with smarks because at least he's way better than Eva. :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

JAYSUS!

21032874849_1994bb6389_o.jpg

I'm enjoying the Roman Reigns comparison, even if he's far more talented than Eva Marie. It's such a slap in the face and shows a wild lack of insight and just spite towards wrestling fans to be pushing her as the new face of women's wrestling in spite of the major female talent influx. Shows you that Vince & Kevin Dunn will do what they want, unless we force their hand hard and a for a long time. Best of luck for her, she will be rightly, mercilessly booed as long as she's pushed. So many women deserve a push before her.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

maybe im just one of those naive fan's who says this about everything but um.... It's a work!

I mean whether it's Total Diva's where they have driven home the idea that she doesen't deseve to be where she is and that she is only there based on her looks or how they are hot shotting her into the title picture vs Bayley who is the complete opposite of her. It's designed to get her huge heat and to make Bayley an even bigger babyface

I mean putting her front and center on WWE2k16material when she has barely ever appeared on Raw is just trying to get a response from fans

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I get what you mean but that's like putting Eugene in the main event...Go away heat kind of stuff. I hope whatever they're doing works, but it just feels like spiteful booking that'll knowingly blow up in their face. It's like Vince Russo saying "hey you're still talking about David Arquette all these years later, it must've been great"!
    Pushing Eva Marie shows a scary lack of insight...Guarantee Aitch and others know better - I wonder if he's reluctant to pull them up on it because when he's in charge he can make instantly noticeable positive changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

maybe im just one of those naive fan's who says this about everything but um.... It's a work!

I mean whether it's Total Diva's where they have driven home the idea that she doesen't deseve to be where she is and that she is only there based on her looks or how they are hot shotting her into the title picture vs Bayley who is the complete opposite of her. It's designed to get her huge heat and to make Bayley an even bigger babyface

I mean putting her front and center on WWE2k16material when she has barely ever appeared on Raw is just trying to get a response from fans
    I really hope you're right, but being cynical, I doubt they're clever enough to pull off a stunt like that, especially doing so on so many fronts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Rant incoming...

Sooooo, we have Ronda Rousey, the US soccer team, Serena Williams etc, women who reached the top in their fields by being the best.

WWE pushes someone because of their looks and calls it a "revolution".

She's not even all that. Those dead eyes....

Alexa, Emma, Carmella, even Bayley are all better looking and 100x more talented.
    One thing from that rant. "beating a babyface champion as a face herself". I never, at any point, got that she was face. From the way she comes out to the ring with what feels like an undeserved sense of arrogance, the crowd reaction (though I suppose that's not saying much, I mean look at Reigns), and the fact that it's the commentator that defends the heel actions that stands up for her most made me assume she was heel.

She's still so wooden in the ring though it's a wonder the other ladies don't get splinters.

Ok so I'm no fan but let's give the devil her due. It's not her fault that she was hired for Total Divas. Nor that she was rushed onto Raw and and Smackdown without any experience and exposed as completely untrained. If she had been training from the get go she would only be graduating NXT now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Ridley

http://www.themarysue.com/wwe-womens-wrestling-is-back/

Women's website The Mary Sue has a piece about the Divas Revolution. Written by a man. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If you don't know what's going on, that first pic just looks like a good time.

That should have lead straight to a championship match. The whole thing has been so stalled.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Bloody hell, that quote from Greg Valentine is fairly fecking atrocious.

Is that the one about how they shouldn't be in the ring and that they all belong in the kitchen?

Belong in the kitchen, pregnant and barefoot no less.

Hopefully we see him pop up on an old school Raw sometime between now and the year's end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That Greg Valentine quote is ****ing ridiculous. Pro wrestling isn't having a good time of it lately on several fronts. Ex wrestler making really stupid/racist comments.

Advertisement