Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs England, Sunday 1st March 3pm; RTE/BBC

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

England
    Sun shining here and melting any remaining snow. Should be fine for kickoff in Dublin going by the speed this front crossed the country. I'd bring the shades if you're in the upper tier...

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Snowing heavier than ever in d18. Must be heading south.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Apparently the snow is phase one of Joe's plan. is there anything he can't do?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

England
    Sandymount/Ballsbridge is now properly snowing heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Still heavy snow here, only about 5km from the Aviva

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

England
    kuang1 wrote: »
    Dunno what direction the weather is travelling lads but down here in the southeast the rain stopped at 11.00. Blue skies (but blustery) at the mo.

If it's travelling north it's doing it slowly as there's sleet and snow in Wicklow at the minute!

Its stopping!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

England
    Stopped in dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

I think the rain suits Ireland. Murray, Sexton and Henshaw are all excellent kickers out of hand on their day and I would back them over Youngs, Ford and Burrell (can Burrell kick?).

It's started snowing now. Watching a match in snow would be quite a spectacle!
    Tox56 wrote: »
    I normally absolutely despise bad weather when rugby games are on, but we have a backline of fullbacks and two of the best kicking, controlling halfbacks in the game against a pretty inexperienced backline

Depends... as long as we don't have too many handling errors and England don't have the upper hand in the scrum

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

I hope it's hook/pope/o'shea in studio.

ROG is so slow and doesn't know what he's going to say next. Not natural at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

More nonsense from RTE.... This will leave about two minutes for the lads to talk about the match with all the ad breaks...

I'm very worried about the game, England have the muscle and backs to do big damage. We have one gameplan and if England figure it out we will be in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Gits_bone wrote: »
    I'm very worried about the game, England have the muscle and backs to do big damage. We have one gameplan and if England figure it out we will be in trouble.

Have you learned nothing? We've constantly changed and adapted the gameplan to the opposition since Schmidt has been in charge, we've done that better than almost anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

That was a bit amateur... you hear the mic bumping off the cameraman...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

I don't get the Ire-Eng too much anymore. I'd much rather give Wales a good beating or beat any of the southern hemisphere top 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

More nonsense from RTE.... This will leave about two minutes for the lads to talk about the match with all the ad breaks...

It's always important to consider Newton's laws. I hope Tubs wasn't tuned in for that bit.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,122 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

England

We have so many 'gameplans' the opposition never know how we're gonna play.
    In other words were very versatile to who we play.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

sydthebeat wrote: »

I very much agree with this.
    Joe's going to unleash tactics today that will surprise some/most...I know it. Master tactician. Can't understand how people fail/forget to look back over what he's done since being in charge re: the vastly different tactics deployed against varying opposition.

Anyone who claims to 'know how Ireland play' are falling into Joe's well laid trap.

Maul - kick chase. That's it. And it'll be the same for this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

COS talking about gold-dust in the Irish backline. We've the players in the side, but they've been limited/neutered by Schmidt's gameplan thus far.

If we can keep the error-count down, we should win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

England
    Let's hope it works boys ...... Or we're playing for second place in two weeks time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

England seen unbelievable value on PaddyPower at 6/5.
    They bullied Wales who in turn beat France away. I can see their forwards grinding us down on a wet/windy day and winning by more than a converted try.

I hope I'm wrong of course and our backs are given some ball.

England

I guarantee you both our centres will carry for more than 30 meters each !!!

We are not just a kick chase team

England

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I would generally agree with this but actually we've had a similar gameplan all season and it hasn't changrs too much. That said I think there are reasons for that and today is the first time I think we have the personnel in place in the 6Ns with gametime behind them where we might change things a bit. The weather may not help. I'm worried by the loss of Heaslip though. I hope Murphy goes well.

I just heard a stat from Matt Dawson on the radio. In games where Ireland have 6 kicks at goal or more they win 90% of the time. He didn't say how far that goes back but it shows the importance for England to remain disciplined in their own half.

If it is it'll be straight line running, no jinking or off the cuff play.

British Lions??!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Snowchaser

We will get murdered in the scrum and in the tight. England to win by 10.

Joe Schmidt got the tatics wrong last year , let hope we can get it right this time.

Do not underestimate Lancaster as a coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

England
    Dammit Lancaster stop being so likable! YOU ARE THE BADDIES.

Advertisement