Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs England, Sunday 1st March 3pm; RTE/BBC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭twinytwo

phog wrote: »
    Having watched Earls again last night and Fitz since his return to fitness you'd have to wonder what Joe sees in Jones to retain the 23rd jersey. I'd have both Fitz and Earls on any team but no it to have either is baffling.

I would assume it has a lot to do with him being a better FB than both and better in the air.

I could be wrong but without Jones we would be weak at FB if kearney gets injured

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

twinytwo wrote: »
    I would assume it has a lot to do with him being a better FB than both and better in the air.

I could be wrong but without Jones we would be weak at FB if kearney gets injured

He's called Jared Payne...he is at 13...he is really a 15!!

• Administrators Posts: 53,460 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Payne.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,802 ✭✭✭✭phog

But then he picks Madigan as he supposedly covers more positions than Keatley.

Jones is an out and out FB, the boys can cover wing, centre and FB, Fitz claimed the FB as his preferred position a few years back and some argue Earls' best position is FB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Warren Gatland
    How do people think the weather conditions will affect the game? Will they favour Ireland ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Getting a bit snowy now, that could make for an interesting match

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

England
    We've got hailstones at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

It's. Fecking. Snowing.

Getting ready for a slugfest this afternoon. No running rugby please, we're Northern Europe.

phog wrote: »
    But then he picks Madigan as he supposedly covers more positions than Keatley.

Jones is an out and out FB, the boys can cover wing, centre and FB, Fitz claimed the FB as his preferred position a few years back and some argue Earls' best position is FB

I remember Fitz played a few games for ireland at FB.... didnt go well

Regardless of what anyone says Earls best position will always be the wing.

Lad im a die hard munster fan... id have madigan in the ireland team ahead of Keatley its a no brainer. Just like payne will never play FB for ireland.... he will either start in the centre of wont be there at all.

I've got to walk from Charlemont to Landsdowne in that :(

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »

Bring a hipflask be grand like

Payne.

You have henshaw aswell..... but.... there is obviously a reason why joe wants the two of them in the centre.

Thus he has a proper FB on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

England
    Clegg wrote: »
    It's. Fecking. Snowing.

Getting ready for a slugfest this afternoon. No running rugby please, we're Northern Europe.

Jesus christ Ireland just be normal for one ****ing day please.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Heavy snow here. Hopefully not as bad in D4.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

England
    I think the rain suits Ireland. Murray, Sexton and Henshaw are all excellent kickers out of hand on their day and I would back them over Youngs, Ford and Burrell (can Burrell kick?).

It's started snowing now. Watching a match in snow would be quite a spectacle!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

England

In what? Hipster pink skinny jeans? Yeah that would kill me...

England
    Nim wrote: »
    Heavy snow here. Hopefully not as bad in D4.

Sleet has just stopped it seems in D4. We have snow now.

Edit: and back to sleet. This weather is mad!

Coming down pretty heavy now in East Wall, hopefully the pitch is covered up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

After getting some last minute tickets to the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Dunno what direction the weather is travelling lads but down here in the southeast the rain stopped at 11.00. Blue skies (but blustery) at the mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Has this been called off yet

England
    One of those days we see who the softies on the pitch are... Who will wear under armour or a second layer?

Bridge93 wrote: »
    One of those days we see who the softies on the pitch are... Who will wear under armour or a second layer?

I have about 5 layers on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Heavy snow here in D1.

Gonna find an extra hoody to put on...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Now snowing in Blackrock

Not a great day for rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭micar

England
    snow has eased off in Santry

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Just stopped snowing in D11, it was snowing for an hour non stop.

Looks like it went South :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Looks like it will be a game for the packs to win

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I normally absolutely despise bad weather when rugby games are on, but we have a backline of fullbacks and two of the best kicking, controlling halfbacks in the game against a pretty inexperienced backline

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Does anyone have a recipe of how to watch this on an iPad? I'm stuck abroad and can't make it to the pub, don't have a laptop with me.

Pm me please!

Not sure about watching it but if all else fails BBC Radio 5 will have live comms, don't know which Irish station is carrying it.

Advertisement