Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock N' Roll Half Marathon 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 wemmet

Great, thanks very much TFGRs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Hi does anyone know what time registration closes on Saturday 1st at the Health & Fitness Expo? I can only find a starting time but no closing time, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

Here you go, I would take it that Registration will end at closing time.

Expo Hours:

Friday, 31 July: 15:00 – 20:00
    Saturday, 1 August: 9:00 – 18:00
    Free Admission: Open to the public

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

AAD wrote: »
    Here you go, I would take it that Registration will end at closing time.

Expo Hours:

Friday, 31 July: 15:00 – 20:00
    Saturday, 1 August: 9:00 – 18:00
    Free Admission: Open to the public

Ah brilliant thanks very much. Enjoy the race folks, hopefully the weather will be decent for it

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭rdunne

any have an email address for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Hi all,

Firstly best of luck to everyone on Sunday!!

I have a query from a friend. It's her first time doing it and she'll be picking up her number from the expo tomorrow. She wanted to know if it's worth bringing her two young daughters (7 and 4) over as if the expo is good and worthwhile then they'll have a little day out. If it's something they would be bored at then she'll just pop over quickly herself. Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Toulouse wrote: »
    Hi all,

Firstly best of luck to everyone on Sunday!!

I have a query from a friend. It's her first time doing it and she'll be picking up her number from the expo tomorrow. She wanted to know if it's worth bringing her two young daughters (7 and 4) over as if the expo is good and worthwhile then they'll have a little day out. If it's something they would be bored at then she'll just pop over quickly herself. Anyone know?

Not much there for kids to be honest. Its more of a commercial venture for running suppliers.

Last years was a pretty small event, nothing like the DCM expo...

I plan aon registering and paying for my race entry at the expo on Saturday morning (was a last minute plan to run the race). They had better not try and charge me into the expo too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

Just back from the expo.
    I only had to go through registration 4 times until I got my number. I got two numbers that belonged to women and another from another bloke with my name.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The goodie bag is interesting. The warts treatment is there, as is the mouthwash.

On the plus side there is a high 5 pack with gels and recovery mix and things. T-shirt seems quite good too. I'll feel quite the fraud wearing the T-shirt given I won't be running the race though.

• Advertisement

Why won't you run?

I thought the thing to stop your colours running in the wash was the most random

I found money was just falling out of my pocket at that fekkin expo!!!

Think the weather will be decent for a long run tomorrow morning anyway. An easterly wind would be just grand - would offset the hills at the end a little at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Anybody staying in the Clarion? Fancy sharing a taxi to the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

wemmet wrote: »
    I thought the thing to stop your colours running in the wash was the most random

I thought the Scientology stand was really random. Never seen a religion at a race expo before!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

paulers06 wrote: »
    I thought the Scientology stand was really random. Never seen a religion at a race expo before!

ha ha, I missed that! That is definitely the most random stand ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭iMac Hunt

Even more random I saw that Scientology Dianetics stand at the Terenure car show as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Good luck everyone running this tomorrow! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Yeah, I saw the dianetics stand as well. It is the holistic body/mind 'system' practiced by Scientologists. I got a picture too, but I know if I try to attach it here it won't open.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Anyone know if/where the results ate available, or are they doing the usual mega-Corp commercial ching-ching-wait until it's published in the local newspaper tie-in?

Anyone know if/where the results ate available, or are they doing the usual mega-Corp commercial ching-ching-wait until it's published in the local newspaper tie-in?

Pollock first. The claw second. Seaward 3rd. Hanrahan 4th. Fitzpatrick (Tom ;)) 5th. Thornton 6th. Lizzie Lee First Lady and sarah mulligan second.

Mens won in 65.30 womens 73-74.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Pollock first. The claw second. Seaward 3rd. Hanrahan 4th. Fitzpatrick (Tom ;)) 5th. Thornton 6th. Lizzie Lee First Lady and sarah mulligan second.

How did you do?

• Advertisement

yaboya1 wrote: »
    How did you do?

Low 77. Felt a bit faster though to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Ciara Hickey third woman

Low 77. Felt a bit faster though to be honest.

See what happens when you smile!

RayCun wrote: »
    See what happens when you smile!

ha ha Ray, thanks for the shout out. Yes definitely never smiling again! Definitely lost 3 minutes due to that. A few club members were close to the finish and they were giving out to me (again) for looking so serious and not smiling. Do I really look that narky?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Anyone hit any PB's?

The curse of bitchy resting face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Where did Kenneally & Christie finish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

tang1 wrote: »
    Where did Kenneally & Christie finish?

Pulled out about mile 8 from reports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

Pollock first. The claw second. Seaward 3rd. Hanrahan 4th. Fitzpatrick (Tom ;)) 5th. Thornton 6th

Adding on from this Hehir and Freddy 7th and 8th

Great to see nearly all the top lads in one race

• Advertisement

When are the results up online?!

Advertisement