Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock N' Roll Half Marathon 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I've just signed myself and my wife up for the fun run. Should be a laugh anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

adrian522 wrote: »
    OK, well have a look at the following depding on what you think would suit best

Crusaders AC- Irishtown
    Donore Harriers - Dunblin 8, near Phoenix Park
    Metro St. Brigids - Islandbridge

Probably a few others around too.

Really appreciate that. I'm very near Crusaders AC. I might go down for a look! Anyone else a member?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

There's a few members around the site alright. Certainly drop down for a session to see how you find it.

They are currently in the process of having a running track redeveloped too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ArgieExile

I'm already in for this, plus the Dublin Race Series. Will also run Clontarf, but only the 5 Miler.

Pink11 - I'm in the Ballsbridge/Sandymount area as well, although I am a member of a club outside of Dublin. The benefits of being in a club are various, the best IMHO is the camaradie and the friends you can make. I run with a couple of the Crusader guys on a Tuesday night, outside of the club due to time of their club nights etc., and can agree it's well worth a thought.

The other thing you can do is seek out the various groups that get together, in a less formal setting than a club, but that would defeat the object of getting an AAI membership for entry to the Rock n Roll.

Good luck on your running, and hope to meet up with folk at one of the races...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

To register now costs €49

If you have an Athletics Ireland number you get it for €25

I chanced putting in any old random number and it accepted it.
    Haven't pulled the trigger on it but am tempted!

Are you asked to show something from Athletics Ireland at race number collection time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

frash wrote: »
    To register now costs €49

If you have an Athletics Ireland number you get it for €25

I chanced putting in any old random number and it accepted it.
    Haven't pulled the trigger on it but am tempted!

Are you asked to show something from Athletics Ireland at race number collection time?

I think last year there was some thing about ineligible championship entries and people had to top up their entry fee? Maybe I just imagined it...

You don't need to show an AAI membership card at number collection, but they might match names to numbers at some point between entry and number collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭conavitzky

Can anyone recommend a hotel which will be handy for number collection and race start for this one? Traveling up from the North west from this one and with the early start don't want to be worrying about parking, taxis etc. before getting to start line. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

conavitzky wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a hotel which will be handy for number collection and race start for this one? Traveling up from the North west from this one and with the early start don't want to be worrying about parking, taxis etc. before getting to start line. :)

What's your budget? Loads of hotels near the start with easy connections via Dart to the RDS for number collection on Friday or Saturday.

What's your budget? Loads of hotels near the start with easy connections via Dart to the RDS for number collection on Friday or Saturday.
    Budget is cheap and cheerful Tfgr's! Had clarion liffey valley booked but would like to get in closer to town for handiness.

Budget is cheap and cheerful Tfgr's! Had clarion liffey valley booked but would like to get in closer to town for handiness.

There's always Jury's Inn: https://www.jurysinns.com/hotels/dublin/custom-house

Not exactly what I'd call cheap but not eye wateringly pricey either.

• Advertisement

There's always Jury's Inn: https://www.jurysinns.com/hotels/dublin/custom-house

Not exactly what I'd call cheap but not eye wateringly pricey either.
    Thanks. Will check it out.

Thanks. Will check it out.

Apparently they are doing discounted rates for the RnR half!

http://www.runrocknroll.com/dublin/the-weekend/hotels/

Apparently they are doing discounted rates for the RnR half!

http://www.runrocknroll.com/dublin/the-weekend/hotels/
    Have done the rounds on those hotels and either all booked out or ridiculous prices! Looking like a 4am minibus may be required! Just emailed AI to see if one person could pick up all numbers from the expo as long as they have the AI numbers.

Have done the rounds on those hotels and either all booked out or ridiculous prices! Looking like a 4am minibus may be required! Just emailed AI to see if one person could pick up all numbers from the expo as long as they have the AI numbers.

That's too bad.

There's also this place, Isaacs Hostel which do have private rooms.

http://www.isaacs.ie/

You could try there. I know people who have stayed here before with no complaints.

Thinking about signing up for this.
    Given the different start/end points where do people usually park?

I read there's a shuttle bus going from Phoenix park to the starting point so I'm thinking I might take this option and then at least the car is nearby when I finish.

EDIT: didn't realise it started at 8:30am - no plan to park near the start & get LUAS back to car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

RayCun wrote: »
    I think last year there was some thing about ineligible championship entries and people had to top up their entry fee? Maybe I just imagined it...

You don't need to show an AAI membership card at number collection, but they might match names to numbers at some point between entry and number collection.

I can't remember the details either, but we definitely got some kind of email about it ...

DUBLINFUN for €5 off

Also FINISH for €5 off (don't know if both can be used)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 SliM Dedalus

Does anyone know how strict they are on photo id at expo pick-up?

I am arriving back in Dublin late on saturday night and was going to send my brother down instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Does anyone know how strict they are on photo id at expo pick-up?

I am arriving back in Dublin late on saturday night and was going to send my brother down instead.

I was asked for it last year when I collected my pack, I noticed that a few people around me were also asked, I would contact them directly and ask their advice rather than taking the chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

Signed up for the half and the fun run with my girls after it.

Firedance wrote: »
    I was asked for it last year when I collected my pack, I noticed that a few people around me were also asked, I would contact them directly and ask their advice rather than taking the chance?

I've seen people on their facebook page ask the same thing: https://www.facebook.com/RnRDublin?fref=ts They respond and told them to PM. So I'm guessing if you request permission and name your bother now they'll let him collect.

It's all a bit OTT the collection thing. Want to get you down to the expo and buy all round ya! I saw them mention that they'll look into postal options next year.

Just saw that people who run both the fun run and the half get the free water bottle. As sad as it sounds I'd really like one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭The Davestator

They are also giving an extra free 'Encore' medal if you run this year and have ran either 2013 or 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

Can I pick up my wife and kids numbers for the fun run without bringing the does anyone know ?

Stevo1983 wrote: »
    Can I pick up my wife and kids numbers for the fun run without bringing the does anyone know ?

email them directly and ask for permission. That's what they seem to be doing for people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 itchybowwow

Any suggestions on parking? I was gonna park in Phoenix Park and then Luas it up but it looks like the prime parking is along the route so may be closed off. Plus the Luas only starts from Tallaght at 7am so I guess they are gonna be pretty packed.

I'm confused. From the shuttle map it looks like the bus doesn't go all the way to the start line? Or am I reading this wrong?

http://rnr30.compgroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/sites/21/2015/05/DUB_15_ShuttlesMap-2.pdf

And the Luas will be operating from Heuston to Abbey Street before the race right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

I'm confused. From the shuttle map it looks like the bus doesn't go all the way to the start line? Or am I reading this wrong?

Correct - it does not. It stops at O'Connell Street
    And the Luas will be operating from Heuston to Abbey Street before the race right?

Yes but the first Luas from Tallaght is 7am. Not sure how long it takes to get from Tallaght to Heuston - looks about 35 min from the Luas site.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 wemmet

What time does this start does anyone know?

I am considering a late registration so haven't been sent any info on it

Also anyone know what pacemakers they have?

Looks a tough enough route!

Cheers :)

• Advertisement

wemmet wrote: »
    What time does this start does anyone know?

I am considering a late registration so haven't been sent any info on it

Also anyone know what pacemakers they have?

Looks a tough enough route!

Cheers :)

Start time is 8:30am.

Pacers are here: http://www.runrocknroll.com/dublin/news/2015/07/cep-pacer-gallery/

Advertisement