Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 184 - Rousey vs Zingano

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Taylors not really a fan of MMA so couldnt see her making the transition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭The White Feather

ASOT wrote: »
    Lima isnt UFC standard IMO; has looked fairly poor now all the time. Great KO

Yeah they talked about him before that he was great but definitely didn't show it tonight

Amazingfun wrote: »
    That would be an amazing fight. Do you think Katie might consider a move into MMA someday?
    Axwell wrote: »

Yes I think its too late in the day to begin the mma for her but in stand up alone she would kill Ronda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Axwell wrote: »

Was hoping her seeing all the fun the Irish fighters are having might lure her in ;)
    Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Miesha Tate looking fantastic,all fighters drug tested and urine tested tonight!

• Advertisement

What do ye all think of the main event? I have thought when I first saw her ages ago that Cat can beat Rousey. Its her slow starts that worry me

seanhynes wrote: »
    Miesha Tate looking fantastic

Totally agree.She always does!

It hurts me emotionally to see her body get hurt and bruised in fights! :pac:

What do ye all think of the main event? I have thought when I first saw her ages ago that Cat can beat Rousey. Its her slow starts that worry me

Can see her winning pretty early hoping the kosheck fight is decent ,have more hope for that

seanhynes wrote: »
    Can see her winning pretty early hoping the kosheck fight is decent ,have more hope for that

You mean Rousey to win early?

I am bolding predicting Cat to win. Either I look like a muppet in a few hours or I am right!!

I think Rousey showed in her fights that she can't take a punch well. She got barely hit and she looked terrified and then went to her base in grappling. Its so good it gets her results all the time but Zingano can really strike well.

Rouseys last fight was ridiculous I hope it goes past a round ,iv only seen her fight twice and the two scraps were over within a round, I haven't seen much of Zingano to be honest I'm hoping for over a round anyhow and Rousey to get tested ,ain't seen it before

• Advertisement

Correct decision , horrible when that happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Stupid fans booing guys who stop fighting because they can't see. They booed Darren Cruickshank too, idiots.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You mean Rousey to win early?

I am bolding predicting Cat to win. Either I look like a muppet in a few hours or I am right!!

I think Rousey showed in her fights that she can't take a punch well. She got barely hit and she looked terrified and then went to her base in grappling. Its so good it gets her results all the time but Zingano can really strike well.

Terrified? Thats not a word I would use to ever describe a look I have seen on Rouseys face lol. Cat is too slow to get going, Ronda is going to go in quick, get in the clinch and judo throw Cat across the cage then sink in the armbar for the win..all in the first round. Only hope Cat has is avoid Ronda for the first round as much as possible and take it to a brawl later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Munoz was out for ages there shocking by the ref.

I mean you can see when she gets hit she doesn't take it well. She immediately goes for the takedown.At that level there should be no reaction.

Ronda will go straight for a throw to get Zingano down. She won't want to trade with her

She would should be terrified if she saw Cyborgs win last night but thats for another day!

RNC as I type this!! Wow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,730 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That there is a masterclass in useless refereeing.

I mean you can see when she gets hit she doesn't take it well. She immediately goes for the takedown.At that level there should be no reaction.

Ronda will go straight for a throw to get Zingano down. She won't want to trade with her

She would should be terrified if she saw Cyborgs win last night but thats for another day!

RNC as I type this!! Wow!!!

I think she takes punches fine, she improves after each fight too.

The more I see it the more shocking it gets that guy should never ref another fight that was absolutely horrendous.

Eyeballs back of his head a good 4-5 secs ,poor refereeing I'm sure he'll get ****ed for it that ref

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

His poor ref skills really came to light when he almost stopped it but didn't. He was out for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Go Tobban

Really hope the Rousey-Zingano fight goes into the championship rounds

Rousey sets a crazy pace and I don't think she'll be able to keep it going for 5 rounds

If I had to bet on it though, I'd have to go with a Rousey win in the 1st round

Fantastic stuff from Tony Ferguson!! Very clinical there

And thats the correct way to ref from the RNC position .... Ferguson is a beast really starting to hit form!

Ferguson improving a lot. He was pretty much just a boxer in the TUF house.

Wasn't crazy about Walsh on TUF but he says he has improved so we will have to see!

Whoa.

Great finish. Pretty slick stoppage too. On point

Lesnar and Aldo beside each other

Thank God. That was a rubbish fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That could be Koscheck done. Not like Ellenberger has been all that great recently.

Advertisement