Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Aboard the Bandwagon

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Valetta wrote: »
    Played cricket with my sister as kids in the back garden. I whacked the ball over the back wall and made 118 runs while she ran out the front gate, down the road and round the back lane to retrieve it.

Shortly after that boundaries were introduced into the game.

I think Chris Gayle did a similar thing the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

There are some that would say that cricket is a truly Gaelic sport. Indeed, if Michael Cusack had his way, it would be a GAA sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

It strikes me as one of those sports that's fun to play but boring to watch, like snooker or darts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

thelad95 wrote: »
    I reckon I could count on one hand the number of players on that team actually born in Ireland.

Bit like the football team so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

anncoates wrote: »
    It strikes me as one of those sports that's fun to play but boring to watch, like snooker or darts.

The Darts at Ally Pally is the best craic ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I love watching a bit of snooker. Well, I used to. Being all grown up and junk now I couldn't possibly find the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭valoren

Right, I'm out.
    For how many runs?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

biko wrote: »
    I wish I could like cricket

but I can't

Some people dont like it, they love it.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

FTA69 wrote: »

Haven't heard the phrase Ally Pally for yonks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I watch it the odd time. What I don't get is the people who listen to it on the radio!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I like the sketch in The Savage eye where a cricket player and a hurler pass each other on their way home from their respective training or matches. They stop, look at each other, examine each other's implement (hurl and cricket bat), hand them back, and then continue on their way, not having said a word to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Im still on the UFC/McGregor bandwagon. Do I have to get off that to get on this one or is there like a Leap Card or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

FTA69 wrote: »

Pah! 'Circus darts' as Wolfie Adams would say. Lakeside is the real home of darts son. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Omackeral wrote: »
    Im still on the UFC/McGregor bandwagon. Do I have to get off that to get on this one or is there like a Leap Card or something?

Its gets thrown in for free with the Rugby bandwagon. Soccer costs extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

We used to play rounders with a hurl and either a tennis ball or handball. Fuckin stupid, if you got any sort smack on the yoke at all it would end up a mile away

That's why cricket is better than rounders

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

That's why cricket is better than rounders

at least we played in the rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭RomanKnows

at least we played in the rain

With a massive chip on your shoulder as well no doubt, Jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Indian lads in work said Ireland was doing well in the Cricket.

I was like "We have a Cricket bat?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

RomanKnows wrote: »
    With a massive chip on your shoulder as well no doubt, Jack.

Over cricket? Not at all, like I said I was only messing earlier. i don't know nor care enough about cricket to genuinely criticise it. Im glad to see it's an all Ireland team though and I'd wish them the best of luck as i would any Irish team.
    Some people here seem to think I was trying to make some sort of republican point, which is preposterous and says more about them than me. I was only poking a bit of good natured fun at what, to outsiders, appears to be a rather odd game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭HoratiJoe

Ireland have an edge because our cricket hurls are made from Ash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Gonna watch the match with my Ed Sheeran tickets

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

What time is kick off in the next match?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I don't know an awful lot about cricket but it looks like we'll need to find another bandwagon to jump on judging by how this is going so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Well we're still very much in it, getting 200 up today helped. Too many possible permutations right now. Next up is Zimbabwe on Saturday night/Sunday morning, that's an absolute must-win.

Advertisement