Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Sorry if this was discussed already, but I couldn’t see it on the booking engine yet, has the 321neolr been confirmed for any Euro routes other than LHR for next summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,690 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Locker10a wrote: »
    Sorry if this was discussed already, but I couldn’t see it on the booking engine yet, has the 321neolr been confirmed for any Euro routes other than LHR for next summer?

Nothing yet and with 2 assigned to LHR there probably won't be anymore operating in 2020 unless they get a fifth one.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I thought the remaking 5 would be delivered before the end of summer next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

-LRD was unpainted and missing her engines in late Nov so is probably due February

No sign of E/F/G/H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭sherology

Flightglobal seems to have gone to the dogs regarding accuracy/editing... https://www.flightglobal.com/airlines/united-links-san-francisco-and-dublin-from-june-2020/135847.article

EI serve this route daily right?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

sherology wrote: »
    Flightglobal seems to have gone to the dogs regarding accuracy/editing... https://www.flightglobal.com/airlines/united-links-san-francisco-and-dublin-from-june-2020/135847.article

EI serve this route daily right?

Daily and potentially going to 10w at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

There were direct flights last summer for about 3 months. Anyone any idea how successful the route was & will it be restarted next summer?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭HTCOne

There were direct flights last summer for about 3 months. Anyone any idea how successful the route was & will it be restarted next summer?

TIA

I believe they’re adding an extra month this year.

TIA

Back and starting earlier I believe just like Calgary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Hi guys. EI 108 cancelled. Anyone know why??? Is it a eu 261 case ???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

adam88 wrote: »
    Hi guys. EI 108 cancelled. Anyone know why??? Is it a eu 261 case ???

Cancelled for Operational Reasons, that should mean you can claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,494 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

sherology wrote: »

Wow, that's embarrassing, the press release is hardly going to mention the competition on the route now is it :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Inquitus wrote: »
    Cancelled for Operational Reasons, that should mean you can claim.

A1. Friends stranded over in NYC. Very little contact from Aer Lingus. Just goes to show always travel with a good credit card to pay for extra hotel and food

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gr123

Has aer lingus changed some routes. My ei101 to ewr on 26th Jan 2020 is showing on the seat map as a a321neo now rather than a330 this is the same for the return. Any one else notice this?

Gr123 wrote: »
    Has aer lingus changed some routes. My ei101 to ewr on 26th Jan 2020 is showing on the seat map as a a321neo now rather than a330 this is the same for the return. Any one else notice this?

They started alternating the A330/A321 a few weeks ago I think. Was posted here that the original plan was to put the A321LR on the DC route but it was switched due to lack of range.
    Would be interesting to hear the opinion on the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gr123

I just contacted them to change seats as they never told me, we were in a, c seats and they copied them over like that as there was a middle free so no a, b

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Tenger wrote: »
    They started alternating the A330/A321 a few weeks ago I think. Was posted here that the original plan was to put the A321LR on the DC route but it was switched due to lack of range.

I seem to recall reading either on here or the blue website that the 3 LRs delivered so far only have 2 ACTs fitted, all subsequent deliveries from LRD onwards will have 3 fitted. I think MSP is the problem really as regards range for the LR, and EI will need to wait for the XLR before they can serve that with a narrowbody if the 330 isn't a success there. Seeing the success of SEA, who knows where the demand will go on that one.

I suppose the good thing about the LR is they can pull the ACTs out if they need to and use them purely intra Europe if they want and use the more efficiemt XLR on long haul, or retrofit the third ACT to EI-LRA/B/C if warranted too. IIRC the XLR delivers better range than the 3 ACT LR but with the weight and hold space penalties of 1 ACT, the range advantage coming from the weight saving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Do we know when the A321ceos are due to go?

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Do we know when the A321ceos are due to go?

No mention of them leaving yet. I don’t recall what was in the call to investors presentation.

• Advertisement

A321ceo is still a key part of the fleet for holiday charters and busy days. Preferred for longer flights to minimise the accumulation of cycles.

I'd bet ops in EI are regretting getting rid of the first 3 at this stage, the remaining 3 are owned by EI so until they cannot fly anymore or it gets expensive to fix them up they will fly and fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

It’ll be interesting to see if any of the A321ceos get the new livery this winter. I think all three received the mood lighting last year, while not a massive investment, it does indicate that they’ll be sticking around for a while at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Lapmo_Dancer

A321ceo is still a key part of the fleet for holiday charters and busy days. Preferred for longer flights to minimise the accumulation of cycles.

I'd bet ops in EI are regretting getting rid of the first 3 at this stage, the remaining 3 are owned by EI so until they cannot fly anymore or it gets expensive to fix them up they will fly and fly.

What holiday charters? Canaries, Faro and Malaga etc are all scheduled flights.

The A321's spent the last month or so shuttling back and forward to Lapland and are now on the ski charters to Salzburg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭john boye

It’ll be interesting to see if any of the A321ceos get the new livery this winter. I think all three received the mood lighting last year, while not a massive investment, it does indicate that they’ll be sticking around for a while at least.

Actually there's a thing, has anything been repainted since winter season started?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭cson

Tenger wrote: »

The A321LRs are scheduled on EI118/119 (DC route) in the coming week per FlightRadar. Not sure if they've actually done a sector previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Jack1985

cson wrote: »
    The A321LRs are scheduled on EI118/119 (DC route) in the coming week per FlightRadar. Not sure if they've actually done a sector previously.

They won't be serving IAD.

EI-LRC can, its got the 3rd tank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Jack1985

EI-LRC can, its got the 3rd tank

RA-RC have two ACT's, RD will arrive with 3 ACT's. The A321neoLR will not be serving IAD this Winter season.

• Advertisement

john boye wrote: »
    Actually there's a thing, has anything been repainted since winter season started?

I think it's a bit too early. MX/Repaints generally happen Jan/Feb/March.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement