Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

When flying to LCY with EI, they are operated by Citijet so depart from the T1 gates, despite EI advertising the relevant terminal as T2, correct? If you pitch up at T1 departures, will you be able to get through security there?

Yup - unless you have checked bags.

The flights actually go from the 300 gates between 1 & 2, so not much in it. Personally I think security is better/quicker in T2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Anyone know when the 321 will go into service im booked to go to MSP in september and was hoping it wouldnt be on the 757, checked same flight in both november and january and both are saying it will still be operated by the 757

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

markc91 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the 321 will go into service im booked to go to MSP in september and was hoping it wouldnt be on the 757, checked same flight in both november and january and both are saying it will still be operated by the 757

I think you answered your own question there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

I think you answered your own question there.

I don't know if the websites been updated yet though because the first 757 is due to leave on 31/10 with the last leaving on 31/12 so there should be no 757 in January but its showing there is on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I don't know if the websites been updated yet though because the first 757 is due to leave on 31/10 with the last leaving on 31/12 so there should be no 757 in January but its showing there is on the site

This is assuming that everything will run on time which when it comes to the airline industry rarely ever actually happens. Face it, you are on a 75 and if something else happens be pleasantly surprised!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Was posted here a week or two ago that 3 B757s will be gone before end of year. One is being kept until March 2020.
    Presumably the 4th A321LR is expected then?

Website has been updated with the A321LR seatmap (again was mentioned here previously) so if the website currently says B757 then that is the current plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

The 757 is still down as operating MSP next may. Maybe they will extend the lease?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

There is going to be at least 1 757 flying in the 2020 peak season.

EI-LRA is complete more or less pending test flights, EI-LRB, EI-LRC are in process, there are 9 more after that to build

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Shamrockj wrote: »
    The 757 is still down as operating MSP next may. Maybe they will extend the lease?
    Not to dispute your fact, but the winter schedule is yet to be confirmed.
    So B757 on MSP in Summer '20 may well be a placeholder.

On twitter today, noted that EI schedule shows A321LR on the 154/155 DUB-LHR-DUB from November.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭liiga

Thank u for let me know

Pity Aerlingus A321lr will not have eyeliner
    I think it would look well with new livery ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,489 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's not an A350

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

It's not an A350

It's not just the A350 that's gotten the 'eyeliner' treatment. I've seen it on their in house A330 and A321 neo aircraft. And TAPs A330 neo has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

It's not an A350

Iberia have the "Skyliner" on their A320NEO's... looks sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tanya1987

How many cabin crew will be crewed on the 321Neo? 16 passengers in business class I assume they have to have 2 in the front at least? And 3 in the back for the 168 economy pax?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

legally only 4 needed

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Cravens

legally only 4 needed

The unions kicked up an almighty fuss when EI tried to crew the B752’s with 4 attendants. Out of interest; did they manage to crew B752’s with 4 or did they stick with 5 in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tanya1987

Cravens wrote: »
    The unions kicked up an almighty fuss when EI tried to crew the B752’s with 4 attendants. Out of interest; did they manage to crew B752’s with 4 or did they stick with 5 in the end?

4 but 757 only had 12 in Business class. The a321 will have 16

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Lapmo_Dancer

The cabin crew have been told that it’ll be 4 cabin crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

The A321LR experience goes from bad to worse... a beancounter dream, a cabin crew nightmare.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

The A321LR experience goes from bad to worse... a beancounter dream, a cabin crew nightmare.

Service from a passenger perspective will also suffer. On the 757 3 crew deal with economy, and 1 for Business. It will have to be the same set up here, but service in business will be stretched further, meal service take longer etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

Well with the current A330 set up 3 cabin crew look after business class passengers, so 3 crew/22 pax on a -200 and 3 crew/30 pax on a -300, or a crew to passenger ratio of 1 crew to 7 passengers on a -200 and 1 to 10 on the -300, with the 757 there's a ratio of 1/12, with the A321 there would be a ratio of 1 crew to 16 passengers if they operate it the way the 757 works, more than twice the ratio of a -200 and 1.6 times the ratio on a -300 so I'd imagine it'll end up with 2 crew looking after the 16 business class passengers and 2 looking after the 172(?) economy passengers.

Business class passengers, particularly on eastbound flights just want to get their meals quickly and get to sleep, service times on the 757 can already drag on to over two and a half hours to get everyone fed and watered with only 1 crew member, never mind with a 33% increase in the number of passengers in business.

The 321 business product will already be inferior due to the way the doors are configured there will no longer be a champagne welcome service on boarding and if planning on only using one hostess in business then it could well be a case of waiting 3 to 4 hours after takeoff to get your dinner and be able to go to sleep, quite a retrograde step.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Yeah if they handle it that way the eastbound pax will really be getting screwed over. Even if you choose to forego the meal you're gonna be disturbed by the service dragging on and on. Really not sounding like an appealing product the way they're thinking of it if reports are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Any time I’ve flown to US it appeared to be 2 up front and 6 in main cabin, which is stretching it on a west coast flight with breaks to be taken etc. Can’t see less than 2 in business for meals etc, EasyJet are tight but even they have 4 in their 319s.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

joeysoap wrote: »
    Any time I’ve flown to US it appeared to be 2 up front and 6 in main cabin, which is stretching it on a west coast flight with breaks to be taken etc. Can’t see less than 2 in business for meals etc, EasyJet are tight but even they have 4 in their 319s.

I remember Aer Lingus on the a319 it only had 3 cc.
    The 757 works with 4. The company will try to push for 4 as they would be in a good cost advantage against other airlines like TAP who have 5 cc on board their 321LR

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Easyjet 319's need 4 - they have extra-tight seating that goes well over the limit for 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

L1011 wrote: »
    Easyjet 319's need 4 - they have extra-tight seating that goes well over the limit for 3.

Tight seats yes but 26 rows =156 pax,
    Also I been on EasyJet 320s out of Belfast with 5 cabin crew.

AL should have 5 on TA’s on the 321lr

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭sherology

Rules are 1-per 50 pax... Not sure they'd need 5 or have crew seats (2-front/2-back looking at layout - remember it's a continuous cabin with no door-2 - so more like an a320). Cabin is pretty quiet after meal service and not like there's a huge hurry usually... Not a lot of cash transfer as food is free, just a few drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

How far in advance are the planes picked to fly each day?

Originally booked return from MCO on the 26th in business but now look like returning on EI-GEY and completly changed our seats including putting a 7 year old sitting on his own.

Will be contacting Aer Lingus but wanted to check if these are cast in stone already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Other half flew to YYZ on Wednesday, told me before they departed half the plane would be without IFE, figured it was EWR & low & behold it was. Looks like both airlines in the YYZ use their unreliable 330s on the route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Jack1985

sherology wrote: »
    Rules are 1-per 50 pax... Not sure they'd need 5 or have crew seats (2-front/2-back looking at layout - remember it's a continuous cabin with no door-2 - so more like an a320). Cabin is pretty quiet after meal service and not like there's a huge hurry usually... Not a lot of cash transfer as food is free, just a few drinks.

Crew are required to take breaks after the meal service, legally. EASA also makes it clear if local agreements supersede EASA minimum requirements, they supersede the minimum which is the case at EI, so expect to see a lot of canned last services as crew will ensure they get their agreed break entitlements.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement