Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who will never get into the HOF or be welcome back into the WWE

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Why isn't Davey Boy in the HOF may I ask? Also is Vince really holding a grudge over Ravishing Rick Rude appearing on both shows? I mean the guy wasn't even a wrestler anymore. Honky Tonk was asked a few years back but had to decline due to other bookings, surely you'd think they'd just induct him the following year?

In terms of other guys that should go in, maybe DDP, Diesel seems like a likely candidate even if he did suck, Midnight Express with Jim Cornette would be great, if Sunny is in there then Sable should be and I'm kinda dry for names at the moment so I'll leave it be.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I've always thought the lack of Demolition mentions is crazy considering both guys are still alive. I know there was bad blood between Axe and Vince - but Jesus that was years ago. I doubt either man cares anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭MvsC3

I wonder though, as regards Demolition, if they inducted Ax and Smash, would Crush be a bit of a talking point because he died quite young.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Renegade

• Registered Users Posts: 60,309 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There really needs to be a jobber wing for the likes of Barry Horowitz, Iron Mike Sharpe, S.D. Jones & Steve Lombardi etc because if KoKo B Ware can get these guys deserve to be in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

There really needs to be a jobber wing for the likes of Barry Horowitz, Iron Mike Sharpe, S.D. Jones & Steve Lombardi etc because if KoKo B Ware can get these guys deserve to be in.

That's a great idea. It could be a sardonic thing, a bit like the Razzies, held in what looks like a really crappy hotel function room with some tinsel hanging and a shoddy looking podium with the mic occasionally feeding back. Each jobber would be inducted by the guy, or one of the guys who beat him the most. It could be like a 20 minute network thing. Like the Razzies, a lot of the inductees probably wouldn't show and would probably be annoyed or resigned about being on the list.

How long do you think it'll be until we see DX and NWO being inducted?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

The "well KoKo B Ware is in there so X should be too" arguments really need to stop coming up at HOF season ;)

Koko was an incredibily over Babyface with a gimmick you could see from 30 feet away. He was over with kids and very popular overall as far as "enhancement talents" go.

Ive no problem with him being in there but it doesnt mean that he can be used as a crutch every year to justify jobbers getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

How long do you think it'll be until we see DX and NWO being inducted?

Who would go in out of each?

Would nWo be just Hogan,Hall and Nash? That'd make Hulk and Razor two time HOF'ers. Who else would/should/could go in?

Would Chyna get in as part of DX? That could actually be a good compromise as the focus wouldnt be on her (as per HHH's controversy issues) but would still recognise her input, and rightly so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

briany wrote: »
    I doubt poor 'aul Virgil will ever get in. But imagine if he did! He could charge double.

Apart from being a nobody what did he do to stop him getting in? I take it the last bit means he once tried to charge Vince double for a PPV?

• Advertisement

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Apart from being a nobody what did he do to stop him getting in? I take it the last bit means he once tried to charge Vince double for a PPV?

I think it's a reference to the meme that he always shows up at these conventions and gets photographed at an empty stall trying to flog his gimmicks.

1220505410276ev0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

17orl5mjitcynjpg.jpg

The "well KoKo B Ware is in there so X should be too" arguments really need to stop coming up at HOF season ;)

Koko was an incredibily over Babyface with a gimmick you could see from 30 feet away. He was over with kids and very popular overall as far as "enhancement talents" go.

Ive no problem with him being in there but it doesnt mean that he can be used as a crutch every year to justify jobbers getting in.

The guys I named were just as over even thought they lost every week on tv. There is a reason 30 years after there prime runs as jobbers they are still remembered fondly even more so than the likes of Koko.

Any day that picture is posted is a good day. Should be posted at least once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The NWO would never have been what it was without "Vincent" in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Omackeral wrote: »
    Who would go in out of each?

Would nWo be just Hogan,Hall and Nash? That'd make Hulk and Razor two time HOF'ers. Who else would/should/could go in?

Would Chyna get in as part of DX? That could actually be a good compromise as the focus wouldnt be on her (as per HHH's controversy issues) but would still recognise her input, and rightly so.

nWo is easy. Hogan, Nash and Hall. That's what the majority of people associate with the group. DX is the tough one as they had two different (major) line ups and both were very successful. I'd argue the original trio would be more deserving but isn't Michaels already in? Triple H will no doubt want his buddies to get inducted too. Chyna gets left out in my mind, no matter how deserving she may be.

I'd say it's possible that Chyna could get into the HOF through DX. For NWO obviously it would be the original three. I could see the two groups being inducted in the same year, WWE would probably make an angle out of it of some sort just for a 5 minute backstage segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Cm punk is an interesting one too given all the crap that's happened there

Punk wouldn't have been going in for a decade at least if he hadn't retired.

Plenty of time left for bridges to be mended between him and the WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think it's a reference to the meme that he always shows up at these conventions and gets photographed at an empty stall trying to flog his gimmicks.

You would be right.

I think Punk will get in eventually. If Bret Hart can mend fences after being publicly fecked over on a PPV and seeing his brother die in a WWE ring and having a sit down meeting with Vince in a park where Vince trusted Bret so little that he had snipers trained on Bret in case he tried to kill Vince (source : Bret's RF shoot), then anything can happen. Punk was treated pretty badly, but in comparison to Bret, still not that bad. As they say in wrestling, except about Chyna, 'never say never'.

• Advertisement

Is there any hope of Chyna mending fences? The start of Queen of the Ring is like something you'd see on Rf Video or YouShoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Is there any hope of Chyna mending fences? The start of Queen of the Ring is like something you'd see on Rf Video or YouShoot.

It's not happening as long as Stephanie McMahon is breathing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Moneymaker wrote: »
    It's not happening as long as Stephanie McMahon is breathing.
    But does Steph have a problem with her?

Listening to JR's Podcast with X-Pac recently, and it was discussed that Chyna was all set to sign a new contract with the WWE, even after it was found out that Hunter and Steph were together.

JR kinda tried to talk her out of signing, more or less saying, why would you want to come to work every day to see that kinda betrayal staring you in the face, for any amount of money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Any day that picture is posted is a good day. Should be posted at least once a month.

Pretty shytty thing to say IMO, I genuinely feel bad for guys like Virgil that are reduced to that.

Pretty shytty thing to say IMO, I genuinely feel bad for guys like Virgil that are reduced to that.

Lighten up, it's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

JJ will 100% make it in, I'd bet anything on it.

Even apart from the obvious controversy at the end of WWF career; he didn't do enough in his two short reigns in the WWF to warrant a Hall of Fame place; and the WWF/E is all they care about (look at Goldberg, same thing). They certainly don't care about what Jarrett done in TNA and won't want to promote that.

The only exception I can see to the above rule is Sting; and only because he was such a big star and more so because he finally came to the WWE last year. Jarrett was nowhere near Sting's level in WCW. Even then I wouldn't bet on Sting to make it in.

There are some other exceptions, but most of those are very old guys who were famous in the pre-Vince McMahon Jr. era and it wasn't because of anything they did in WCW or TNA. Even then many of them had sons who were famous in the WWE inducting them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Jesus. If Jeff Jarett is being talked about as a possible HOF it must really mean F all. People like Al Snow, Ken Shamrock, Gangrell, Edge, Christian, Bob Holly all wrestled around the same time as him and had a much bigger draw than jj

And I wouldn't think any of the names ive mentioned warrant a place in it either.

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Jesus. If Jeff Jarett is being talked about as a possible HOF it must really mean F all. People like Al Snow, Ken Shamrock, Gangrell, Edge, Christian, Bob Holly all wrestled around the same time as him and had a much bigger draw than jj
    ComfortKid wrote: »
    And I wouldn't think any of the names ive mentioned warrant a place in it either.

You really don't think Edge & Christian warrent places even though one of them already has a place.

• Advertisement

Maybe Edge but Christian? I stopped watched wrestling around the time it merged wit WCW so I wouldn't know much of what happened in the last 12 years maybe but I remember Jarett. He was never a big shot? He would of been on a par with the likes of Val Venis. Just a card filler?

Advertisement