Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who will never get into the HOF or be welcome back into the WWE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

Jarrett will go in eventually.

Steph and Trips won't hold the same grudges towards him that Vince does.

Jarrett will go in when everybody else is used up. In WWE he was an upper mid carder at best, and people didn't miss him all that much when he left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

briany wrote: »
    Jarrett will go in when everybody else is used up. In WWE he was an upper mid carder at best, and people didn't miss him all that much when he left.

Not at all. Now that the HoF seems to giving spots to guys who have barely even wrestled in the WWE (In fact some never did like Abdullah). Jarrett made a large enough impression on WCW and has such a big history with wrestling in general I'd be shocked if he didn't appear in the HoF in the next few years.

I am a mark for JJ though I will admit that!

Dynamite I can see going in after his death due to his own health, but it's a damn shame. The mans career was both incredibly important in the story of professional wrestling but it's one whose impact can still be seen on the product today, and not just in one company but across the board. I know he has his own reasons for not wanting to appear in public, but if he saw the response and respect he would receive from fans and his peers it might change his mind. Would be a shame for him to pass away and not see that moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Dynamite was also pretty much the biggest influence on the career of Benoit who WWE will not want to remind people of.

Not at all. Now that the HoF seems to giving spots to guys who have barely even wrestled in the WWE (In fact some never did like Abdullah). Jarrett made a large enough impression on WCW and has such a big history with wrestling in general I'd be shocked if he didn't appear in the HoF in the next few years.

I liked Double J well enough, too, but I don't see him going in any time soon. He'll be up for induction when other similar stature guys of the same era are being considered, like D-Lo Brown, the Godfather and X-Pac. He may get bumped up the pecking order if he's inducted as part of the Jarrett family, as the WWE does like to induct whole families, especially where no one performer could be considered a stand out.

Of course, that would be for nothing if those rumours of him 'extorting' money from McMahon to defend the IC title after his contract had expired are true. In that case, I don't think he'll ever go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,309 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I was going to say Lawrence Taylor probably won't get into the Celebrity wing becasue of his controversies but if Tyson can get in well who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ted turner now there's one lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

briany wrote: »
    I liked Double J well enough, too, but I don't see him going in any time soon. He'll be up for induction when other similar stature guys of the same era are being considered, like D-Lo Brown, the Godfather and X-Pac. He may get bumped up the pecking order if he's inducted as part of the Jarrett family, as the WWE does like to induct whole families, especially where no one performer could be considered a stand out.

Of course, that would be for nothing if those rumours of him 'extorting' money from McMahon to defend the IC title after his contract had expired are true. In that case, I don't think he'll ever go in.

Rikishi is going in this year. That alone invalidates your argument against someone like Jarrett. Jarrett is a multi time World Champion who also founded the only promotion to come anywhere close to WWE since WCW went under. Even if Vince still holds a grudge about his departure, Triple H will soon be calling the shots and I doubt he will hold the same grudges.

I fully expect Jarrett to at least be offered the spot in the next five to ten years. Obviously he won't be the headliner but could easily be second or third tier.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Rikishi is going in this year. That alone invalidates your argument against someone like Jarrett. Jarrett is a multi time World Champion who also founded the only promotion to come anywhere close to WWE since WCW went under. Even if Vince still holds a grudge about his departure, Triple H will soon be calling the shots and I doubt he will hold the same grudges.

I fully expect Jarrett to at least be offered the spot in the next five to ten years. Obviously he won't be the headliner but could easily be second or third tier.

Rikishi was way more over than I ever remember Jarrett being within the WWF/E. His run with Too Cool got him really hot for a while and even put him in the title picture with Triple H. Plus there's the politics of it with the Anoa'i family's ties to WWE to consider as well, not that I'm saying that definitely has something to do with the induction.

I'm not saying Jarrett absolutely couldn't go in, I'm just saying that there would have to be circumstances met like both parties allowing it to happen and nobody else being in the picture that year. Vince will one day depart the big chair, but doesn't say also that there aren't wishes that he expects H to honour (if the rumours have any weight to them that is).

Overall, I don't really agree with mid-carders being inducted anyway. What good is a hall of fame if everybody of any note eventually winds up in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

No way is Dynamite Kid going in while he's alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

gnfnrhead wrote: »

WWE doesn't recognise TNA in the same way it does the AWA, WCW, old school NWA etc though. So him founding TNA and his championship reigns there wouldn't have bearing on an induction, in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Double J is a 4 time WCW World Champion a 3 time WCW US Champion..He is also a 6 time WWF/E Intercontinental Championship add a AAA World Championship to that and multiple other titles from all over he is well deserving of being in the HoF.

But as someone else said he will more than likely go in with his father as part of the Jarret Family.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Justin Gabriel

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Justin Gabriel

What were the circumstances of his exit?

Raven

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Omackeral wrote: »
    What were the circumstances of his exit?

Seemingly (and I could be getting mixed up here) he turned up to shows, was told multiple times there was nothing for him, so he got pi$$ed off, and 450'd his way out the door

Shame, he was good. Him and Kidd were a decent team as International Airstrike. Wonder what his next move will be..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Can't see Shawn Stasiak or the ICP ever getting a Raw reunion invite

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Menelaun

Sandman,Sabu maybe even RVD at a stretch cause of the whole Weed thing but that's a real stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Bit off topic, but when does Vince go in? If it's done on his watch it'll surely be the next 3/4 years.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Bit off topic, but when does Vince go in? If it's done on his watch it'll surely be the next 3/4 years.

Think Steph and Triple H would have to twist his arm for that as he seems quite humble about the HOF. The only time in recent years I can remember him ever on camera on it, even in the audience, was inducting SCSA.

The moment Vince legitimately fired Jarrett live on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMJfA0sCUp4&feature=youtu.be&t=1m24s

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    The only time in recent years I can remember him ever on camera on it, even in the audience, was inducting SCSA.

He inducted Trump in MSG at Mania 29 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

D-FENS wrote: »
    Can't see Shawn Stasiak or the ICP ever getting a Raw reunion invite
    Why ?

I was thinking of Stasiak’s firing for recording a conversation between Bulldog and Blackman, but I forgot he’s been back since then anyway so scrap that.

ICP for this -

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Shane needs to go in before Vince, he was a ref, a superstar, held two titles and held several office positions, plus he has had a successful career post WWE.

Shane needs to go in before Vince, he was a ref, a superstar, held two titles and held several office positions, plus he has had a successful career post WWE.

There's no doubting he should go in. The guy is amazing and should be in the position Triple H is in now.

But should he go in before the man who, love him or hate him, made WWE what it is today? Not a chance. Will he because Vince is HOF shy? Maybe.

Then again, there's a strong chance that none of the McMahons will ever want to go into HOF.

I think Vince will go in posthumously to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Dynamite I can see going in after his death due to his own health, but it's a damn shame. The mans career was both incredibly important in the story of professional wrestling but it's one whose impact can still be seen on the product today, and not just in one company but across the board. I know he has his own reasons for not wanting to appear in public, but if he saw the response and respect he would receive from fans and his peers it might change his mind. Would be a shame for him to pass away and not see that moment.

I'n sure I've read he was an asshole and the most hated man in the locker room.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bret Hart wrote about Dynamite being a bully and joking around with many backstage pushing Jacques Rougeau into breaking his jaw, Davey Boy Smith screwed him out of the Bulldog name leaving him penniless too.

• Advertisement

I doubt poor 'aul Virgil will ever get in. But imagine if he did! He could charge double.

Advertisement