Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 25 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Phil jones injured?

Yep allowed LVG to bring on the goal machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Wow. When your bench scores more than your actual team you know you're in bother!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Happy, but disappointed I didn't captain Aguero.

Solid score though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

FHFC wrote: »
    Wow. When your bench scores more than your actual team you know you're in bother!!

jaysus:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Watched the first few minutes of Final score on the red button and went for a walk after finding out Jones was injured adding to the non appearances of Clichy, Oscar and Amoebi. Stayed off all media and just watched the early edition of MOTD and reasonably happy with the 47 (-4 Oscar to Sterling). Going to see a lot of red but could have been worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Last night, this gameweek looked like a write-off. 20(-4) with 7 played.

Tonight, it looks like I snatched victory from the jaws of defeat; 52(-4) all in and green arrows.

I'll take that and run to the hills! I even managed to close the gap to the leader in my league by 2 points! This game can be a real headscratcher sometimes.

I was keeping a close eye on the Utd-Burnley game, and as a Utd fan it pains me to say that Utd were shocking, especially in defence. I had considered getting in a Utd defender but that plan is certainly put to bed for good. Burnley played them off the park for large parts of the game, Trippier and Ings were 2 standout performers. Burnley have a tough run of games coming up, but they have a nice enough run-in from GW 33 onwards. It might be worth keeping in mind 1 or 2 of their players for this.

Just to add I'm grateful that BigUselessItalianBastard managed to hang on for the two points without missing a penalty or getting a red card. Be thankful for small mercies me mammy used to say.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Just to add I'm grateful that BigUselessItalianBastard managed to hang on for the two points without missing a penalty or getting a red card. Be thankful for small mercies me mammy used to say.....

5 shots today. Last time I use stats without the form to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

He'll surely come in to a run of form soon enough though. He can't keep blanking for much longer.

5 shots today. Last time I use stats without the form to back it up.

He got 3 bps in fairness to him! Not 3 bonus now. 3 bps!! :) What a disaster he was. Gone gone gone this week no matter what.

On another note, I had meant to change my team kit on the FPL site to try and end my shocking run, but forgot to do it yesterday. 7 points from 4 including captain. Didn't look at FPL today but made sure to change the kit before I left work. 38 from 7. Corner is turned lads!! Should never had swapped from the good old blue Harps home kit style.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

My 59 means a rise of 15k to 70k. I was hoping for better to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Down a further 60 places tonight, overall drop from 279 to 624. Cya in 9 days FPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

56 (-4) means a slight fall of approx 150 places to ~3500. I'm relatively happy with that considering:

1. The 2 GWs before this were disasters
    2. I took the -4 to bring in Sanchez for Silva
    3. Captained Hazard who got nothing

Just glad that this week has essentially stopped the rot of the previous 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ah sh!teyfeckballs dropped 4k tonight back to 14k.

Stupid operation get Sanchez in for a hit and cost yourself 20 points last night!

Yes an overall rise of 2k but who wants rational thought at this hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Nice little jump for me and badly needed. 96k to 71k.
    Hopefully I can get a few more green arrows over the next few GW's to get me inside the top 50k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Can't be to disappointed as resisted the Sanchez switch and kept Ozil but I never capt him and instead went for Defoe in at the last minute for Giroud and captained him instead.

Not too dissapointed as got 60 and am nearly up to 4k in the world. However courtouis not playing and hammer as my only back up cost me in my weekly league.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Down to 18k. Aim now is just a top 10k finish. Harry Kane had ruined me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

63 points sees me move from 74k to 56k. Not quite into the top 50k but I'll definitely take it considering how much of a banana skin this week seemed to be.

In hindsight, shipping AdM out for a -4 and getting Silva in has lost me points, but I'm still quietly confident that it will be right decision as the season gets into the business end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

80 points for a GW rank of 2576.

Green arrows everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Up from 6.5k to 3.5k. Very satisfactory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Up to 1.8k decent week 57 pts. 2 pts from my back 3 was the let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭G1032

52 sees me fall again. 3 red arrows in a row and down to 18,500

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Such optimism going into last night after a disappointing Tuesday, but it was just more disappointment. 46 points and a drop back to 15k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

My 55 pts see me drop 991 places from 22,569 to 23,560. Considering the Silva -> Sanchez (C) -4 late transfer I'll take that and run to the hills :).

2 average GWs (with 2 bad captain choices) in a row and I keep steady around 20k (from 20,263rd). 3 GWs ago I had it spot on with Cazorla big haul and jumped 26k positions. This game is really all (or at least mainly) about getting your captain right. I don't know if I'd really want it removed (since no matter the outcome it's part of the drama) but I'd absolutely love captain-less rankings !

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

60 sees me rise from 15k to 12k.

that'll do considering my captain fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

77 points, GW rank of 6,000. Badly needed.

My overall rank had been slipping the past few weeks...
    19k -> 22k -> 34k -> 47k -> 62k -> 31k

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Benimar wrote: »
    Giroud to Sturridge

Or

Johnson and Giroud to Alexis and Defoe for -4??

Coin toss time for me!

I wanted to do option A but I went with option B as I figured my main ML rival would do the same so I 'blocked' his move. The net result was an 11 point loss.
    (Sanchez (c), Defoe and Hazard = 9-4 for the hit Vs Sturridge, Johnson and Hazard (c) = 16)

Lesson to be learned..play my own game and stop worrying about the opposition. I've been too preoccupied with maintaining a lead rather than trying to extend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

51 points sees me slip 200 places from 3.1k to 3.3k. If I had Clyne over Bertrand I'd be 15 points better off now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

57 sees me up 160 places to 1.2k OR

In a world of pain though! WC last week & dropped outside Top 1k but more importantly left with players who are not playing

Courtois, Wisdom, Oscar and Gayle!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

59 brings means a modest rise from 14.3k to 13.3k. I have been stuck at 13-14k for the last 5 weeks but will keep playing safe for now before taking a few risks around gw29-30.

Yellow flags for Jones, Aguero and Sanchez is worrying though.

Advertisement