Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 25 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Ace2007 wrote: »
    ah lad, you've just ruined my weekend, no games?:(

Next GW is 21st :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

You're not a true addict.... The rest of us have been wondering what to do this weekend for months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

That ADM booking was annoying. He's probably done enough to earn a reprieve for now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

PARlance wrote: »
    You're not a true addict.... The rest of us have been wondering what to do this weekend for months :)

The GF's will be happy this weekend

Its like they arranged it for Feb 14th to save a few relationships!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Valentines day Saturday and Fifty Shades of Grey is out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That's a schoolboy error. I'll be pretending to be on my phone while ignoring her all weekend.
    Never let them experience the life they could have without FPL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Finally got the courage to check back in.
    The good : ADM did no further damage, Clyne seems to have gone from 3 to 2 bonus.

The bad : West Brom held on to the cleanie. Wisdom obviously has to go now. I'll need to take a hit for two defenders. A playing West Brom one and A Southampton one, most likely Alderweireld to give me the flexibility to get Yaya in.

Looking like 52 points all in. Meh.

Valentines day Saturday and Fifty Shades of Grey is out :p

Forgot that! There will probably be a few asking if the Boyf is going to watch the football so they can go watch it on their own!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

52 if baps stay the same, hope to just hold onto my top 500 position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

AdpRo wrote: »
    Bertrand's red card has cost us owners at least 15 pts, -3 for the red and 2 clean sheets!

Yeah. I held him rather than swap to Clyne as I felt they'd not be guaranteed clean sheets for the next few.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

50 points and team is in tatters thanks to injuries and suspensions and dropped players. Thank God i still have the second wildcard to fix the damage from the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Really bad night! WC last wk & it wasn't too promising but was holding off til this wk to make judgement!

Courtois - didn't play - originally planned Ivan or Zouma as Chelsea cover
    Wisdom - didn't play

Didn't go with Southanpton cover - had originally planned on Yoshida

Brought in Oscar this GW for Aterling - didn't play

Swapped Kane (23pts) for Dwight ****ing Gayle (3pts)

What looked prominent has become a write off!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

59 for the week which is a very good score, especially in my league.

All 6 players returned points except Hazard who was captained my 3 min my leave so perfect night. Clean sheets for Terry and Foster, assist for Silva, 2 assists for ADM and Aguero brace.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A poor 50 (-4) sees me drop to 20k. Time to switch off for a week and watch rugby or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

There are plenty of games this weekend, just not for City as they are out of the Cup plus there is no midweek CL game as they are in the other side of the draw hence the break for Kun

Anyone still in the Cup has a game this weekend and Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton and Spurs play midweek also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Should be 59 after baps. Should move up quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Should be 56 (-4) after Bps.

Sanchez captain was a fail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Where can i gind the bonus points? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Where can i gind the bonus points? ?

TotalFPL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I was 13 points behind the top 10k average last night and still 13 points tonight. Hopefully I don't drop too much further than the 300 I've already this GW. Defence really saved me this week with Clyne and Terry. Everyone else in my team blanked besides Aguero. I was always going to captain an Arsenal player so no regrets there.
    AdpRo wrote: »
    Think this is in the pay h2h league. I've lost to KevIrl as well, the pack are begining to close in on us!

To be fair I had no right winning with a 42(-4). It's getting tight in the money places now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Looking like 54

Won my Premier League H2H but lost in Champions League

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Should be looking at 45, which is a lot better than the 7 I had last night.

Like Prodston cost myself a fortune of points at 7.15 last night by shipping Silva and moving captaincy from Aguero, and I also bottled doing Giroud to Sturridge for a hit. At one point I had the team in front of me with Pelle to Kane also done for -8 but didn't confirm.

Pullis and ADM finally coming good kinda saved the day a bit, a decent score without Kane, and I think possibly an unlikley win in the Champions Cup by a point.

Deadwood Pelle and Puncheon need shifted ASAP, followed by Baird. I think a 4 or 8 point hit may be needed to sort this lot out keeping the DGW etc in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Phil jones injured?

57. Got rid of Fer early. Hopefully no injuries over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Wow! That must REALLY hurt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭me89

78(-4) in the end, best score in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

50 all in i think 0 from the bench and wisdom has been dropped so he has to go.......but with no aguero and a captain fail of sanchez im happy enough.... doubled up on chelsea and southampton backs, terry ivanovic, ckyne and forster so delighted with 4 clean sheets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So. 55 (-4) all in.

Sanchez -> Silva / Silva -> Sanchez over the last 2 GWs went tits up. Got 1 extra pt last week and lost 7 pts this week. So a cumulative 6 pts and a £0.3m loss in the process of getting Sanchez back. But I wanted to be flexible, I am flexible now :pac: :rolleyes:.

I guess the pb here is I should have had the balls to do that during my WC. Ah well it still could work out long term...
    Alternatively I could have waited to make the transfer after the deadline (would have saved the -4 and gotten Sanchez at the same price).
    Ah hindsight... Silva should have done better home to Hull and ditto Sanchez & Cazorla home to Leicester in the first place anyway!

Jones has been an utter disaster for me. He continues my terrible series with defenders. Baines, Zab, Bertrand and now Jones. The "good" thing is if I wanted Sturridge/Costa in I had to sell him to free a bit of cash. So now I won't have any hard feelings to ditch him (though I don't how serious the injury is).

Advertisement