Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 24 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

37 points. At 15,000 on the button. I can write this season off. Might get top 5k but that'll be it. Decision making since Xmas has been atrocious.

Have planned my future transfers out:

GW25: Pelle - Studge
    GW26: AJ - Walters
    GW27: Bank
    GW28: Giroud to Kane and Studge to Costa if Chelsea have DGW.

Think I'll go into autopilot mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

45 points and I've fallen back to 16k

Things have gone spectacularly tits up since I was at 1.6k. I don't even think I've been that bad it's just I'm losing a little ground every week. Things are seriously tightly bunched still.

However if recall the high point of my season this time last year was this coming GW where I broke 100k for the only time at 97k :pac:

I need a week where everything clicks just to get my interest back, and my confidence too probably

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

Cheapest defender -Gardos ...best at back
    Cheapest midfielder- Sterling. ..best in mid
    Cheapest striker - Kane...best upfront

49 and I was expecting about 80 Friday night!

Somehow stayed in cup...opponent had 3 transfers thankfully which cost him

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    37 points. At 15,000 on the button. I can write this season off. Might get top 5k but that'll be it. Decision making since Xmas has been atrocious.

Have planned my future transfers out:

GW25: Pelle - Studge
    GW26: AJ - Walters
    GW27: Bank
    GW28: Giroud to Kane and Studge to Costa if Chelsea have DGW.

Think I'll go into autopilot mode.

Loads of time left. Can still get a pretty high finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I imagine there could be some big swings in the DGWs. Captaining Eriksen over Kane say could be a huge opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Or huge mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I imagine there could be some big swings in the DGWs. Captaining Eriksen over Kane say could be a huge opportunity.

Yes, and for those with a shiny wild card in their back pocket it could be harvest time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

45 an dropped about 1k places, disappointing post wildcard but fairly happy with the shape of my team in the short term. My 3 punts, Remy, Tadic and Kompany all fared poorly though, Remy out for Sturridge this week if Sturridge is named in the starting team.

dahat wrote: »
    Or huge mistake.

Depends on what you want to achieve and your position. I'll be playing it safe for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

49 all in. Down 2k to 22k. a bit surprised by that...

3 players today. 5 pts :(.

My Pulis trio is gonna kill me for the run in... I'm very close to get Panti in just out of rage right now :mad:! Really should have followed my own analyses on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Dónal wrote: »
    Who do you not have that everyone else has, Kane is it? At least it's not someone ridiculously expensive like Aguero or Sanchez, everyone is able to get Kane in (which makes him even more important to get I suppose).

Kane has hurt me bad since I shipped him out on wildcard for UselessItalianBàstard as he shall henceforth be known. But it's been more than that, going for fixtures over form with Di Maria too, holding Sanchez too long and missing out on Cazorlas big hauls, Tony Pullis turning into Tim Sherwood, Bertrand's red followed by a a Soton clean sheet this week. This week my entire defence 3 defs and GK, got 4 points. Took a punt on Baird getting his place back and he ended up costing me 2 points. Never though I'd bemoan a 1 pointer left sitting first sub!

Anyhow, that's the moan over. Positives I can take are plenty of cash to sort it out, especially when I shift ADM, and the fact that I was well up the ranking till now means I'm still in with a shout. Also relieved that I'm only at 3.3k after today, thought I'd go further down but low scoring day in most cases I guess. Dropped from 600 to outside 3k in four weeks still hurts though.

As for Kane, I still don't think it's worth getting him in for 2 games ahead of a blank. Not convinced Sturridge is the answer either but worth a try probably.

Having a strong 11 for GW27 and the right DGW players in for the week after will be vital. Unfortunately Busts has his nose ahead of me in the Harps pay league, which is not good news.

I see a few seasoned campaigners downhearted too, so at least I'm not alone. Had a slump last year round now I think, but ended up finishing strongly.

iroced wrote: »
    49 all in. Down 2k to 22k. a bit surprised by that...

3 players today. 5 pts :(.

My Pulis trio is gonna kill me for the run in... I'm very close to get Panti in just out of rage right now :mad:! Really should have followed my own analyses on this one.

You lucky baśtard, I got 2 points from my three today. :D

Pullis will come good, just hope it's sooner rather than later. Swansea, Sunderland and Villa in next 4.

Bad weekend for almost all the budget defenders. Getting a playing sub keeper may need to be considered soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

55 for the week and a green arrow up to 2179. Ings justified me naming my team after him. Nice to go top of the harps league aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

45 points the poor season rolls on

FHFC wrote: »
    Bad weekend for almost all the budget defenders. Getting a playing sub keeper may need to be considered soon though.

Told the missus to take a punt on Yoshida (for Wisdom who was rumoured to have lost his place - with a nice £0.3m cashed in the meantime). She goes and bench him (PvA ahead) but Zouma does not feature and 12 glorious pts come off the bench :D. Delighted for her :).

Why getting a playing sub-keeper? Uselessly spent cash isn't it? I had enough of the rotating keepers strategy. Too many pts on the bench. My heart can't stand it anymore :pac:. I don't know enough the PL teams and their defensive patterns for rightly (on average) guessing who's gonna do best. So unless all the big guns get long term injuries and we have plenty of cash to play with it's a no no for me.
    I'm just raging against myself about Panti because I made the GK analysis and told everyone how good a prospect he was. But as you said Foster & Pulis have to be given time (at least for the next couple of fixtures).

Told the missus to take a punt on Yoshida (for Wisdom who was rumoured to have lost his place - with a nice £0.3m cashed in the meantime). She goes and bench him (PvA ahead) but Zouma does not feature and 12 glorious pts come off the bench :D. Delighted for her :).

Why getting a playing sub-keeper? Uselessly spent cash isn't it? I had enough of the rotating keepers strategy. Too many pts on the bench. My heart can't stand it anymore :pac:. I don't know enough the PL teams and their defensive patterns for rightly (on average) guessing who's gonna do best. So unless all the big guns get long term injuries and we have plenty of cash to play with it's a no no for me.
    I'm just raging against myself about Panti because I made the GK analysis and told everyone how good a prospect he was. But as you said Foster & Pulis have to be given time (at least for the next couple of fixtures).

Yeah, was thinking of a rotation partner for Foster after these 4 fixtures, but by then I'll have Kane welded into my forward line for the rest of the season so I'll possibly have the cash to look at DDG, or maybe Forster in a Saints double up.

Yeah, was thinking of a rotation partner for Foster after these 4 fixtures, but by then I'll have Kane welded into my forward line for the rest of the season so I'll possibly have the cash to look at DDG, or maybe Forster in a Saints double up.
    Unless Foster continues his 1 pt average I'm still not sure it's really worth it. Look this week. Who would you have had? Guzan (perfect rotation with Foster)? Scored 2 pts home to Chelsea. You'd have played Foster I guess. The other good rotations with Foster are Hull & Newcastle. McGregor got 3 pts away to City (you'd have played Foster here too) and Krul 2 home to Stoke (maybe a 1 pt gain here). Then Forster? His pts only come from CS. This week for once he does make saves but gets a YC. Panti scored 4 with 1 goal conceded. His form is unbelievable I'm seriously targetting him after the GW27-28 madness (though I feel he'll turn crap when I'll get him in :rolleyes:...).

Unless Foster continues his 1 pt average I'm still not sure it's really worth it. Look this week. Who would you have had? Guzan (perfect rotation with Foster)? Scored 2 pts home to Chelsea. You'd have played Foster I guess. The other good rotations with Foster are Hull & Newcastle. McGregor got 3 pts away to City (you'd have played Foster here too) and Krul 2 home to Stoke (maybe a 1 pt gain here). Then Forster? His pts only come from CS. This week for once he does make saves but gets a YC. Panti scored 4 with 1 goal conceded. His form is unbelievable I'm seriously targetting him after the GW27-28 madness (though I feel he'll turn crap when I'll get him in :rolleyes:...).

Not sure Sunderland are worth a double up, that's my only concern re Panti, and PVA is hard to drop too.

Not sure Sunderland are worth a double up, that's my only concern re Panti, and PVA is hard to drop too.

That's the main reason why I went for Pulis... But if you think about it it's a bit stupid. If you don't want to double up, just bench PvA. In fairness even this week when Sunderland did not get a CS, with Berty injured and Baird/Foster glorious combined 0, Panti + PvA looked like Manuel Neuer & Philip Lahm compared to them :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

58 for me, not bad, 71st now on boards, aiming for the top 50 :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ended up with 57, which is a decent score this week.

Up to 2575 from 2930 OR. Happy enough with that.

Won my FSA2 h2h game by a single point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

58 for me, not bad, 71st now on boards, aiming for the top 50 :p.

whats the name of the boards league or code for it, (if it isnt a pay league)
    in a league i dont know what it is....a good league not a great league??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

57 (-4) sees me raise 2k to 74k from 76k. That was a hard earned rise anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I end the GW on 46. Came up a few hundred places from Saturday, but down overall from last week to 12.3k.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

14k, but plenty of room to improve. Still have the wildcard too so all is not lost.

Sterling a doubt? Boo!

Former #1 in the world also did Kane to Pelle two GWs ago: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/236807/transfers/history/

Doesn't make me feel any better about it mind

Former #1 in the world also did Kane to Pelle two GWs ago: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/236807/transfers/history/

Doesn't make me feel any better about it mind

This will be the last season I try to be clever. From now on, just follow the sheep and go with the popular moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    This will be the last season I try to be clever. From now on, just follow the sheep and go with the popular moves.
    Does that really come into play here? Was Pelle actually ever a better option for these 2 games than Kane?

CSF wrote: »
    Does that really come into play here? Was Pelle actually ever a better option for these 2 games than Kane?

Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but Kane had (has?) a very high conversion rate and tough looking fixtures plus a blank. Pelle had nice fixtures and looked unlucky not to score more. I only dropped 100 places so whatever, move on and stick to my plan.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »

I thought he was a far better option when playing Swansea. I was swayed by the fact that the week before in the Cup, Blackburn's 3rd choice striker Josh King had led the Swansea defence on a merry dance.

Advertisement