Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 24 Matchday Thread

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    I thought he was a far better option when playing Swansea. I was swayed by the fact that the week before in the Cup, Blackburn's 3rd choice striker Josh King had led the Swansea defence on a merry dance.
    Form is everything in this game though, and Pelle was on form of 2 goals in 14 games, this week he was on 2 goals in 15 games.

Don't get me wrong, hindsight is 20/20 and if Pelle had done what Kane did and viceversa I'd be tipping my cap to you, but I think in rational terms (ie. without hindsight) Kane was still a better choice despite the more difficult 2 fixtures.

Holding onto a player you already have and don't need to transfer in, while he is still scoring plenty of goals, doesn't signify sheep to me, it just makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

CSF wrote: »
    Form is everything in this game though, and Pelle was on form of 2 goals in 14 games, this week he was on 2 goals in 15 games.

Don't get me wrong, hindsight is 20/20 and if Pelle had done what Kane did and viceversa I'd be tipping my cap to you, but I think in rational terms (ie. without hindsight) Kane was still a better choice despite the more difficult 2 fixtures.

Holding onto a player you already have and don't need to transfer in, while he is still scoring plenty of goals, doesn't signify sheep to me, it just makes sense.

I take your point to be honest. At the time, I didn't expect Kane to keep up his form and I had Eriksen so didn't want two Spurs. WBA had just had a couple of clean sheets and I didn't think they'd score 3 against a Pulis team.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I take your point to be honest. At the time, I didn't expect Kane to keep up his form and I had Eriksen so didn't want two Spurs. WBA had just had a couple of clean sheets and I didn't think they'd score 3 against a Pulis team.
    To be honest, I wouldn't have anticipated 4 goals in 2 games from Kane either. But still probably would have backed him to outscore a severely misfiring Pelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I wrestled with the same Kane/Eriksen decision but went the other way. Can't claim any genius decision though, it was a close call and eventually Kane's high ownership swung it for him, the fear of being without if he went nuts.

I do think Eriksen is a class act and has been unlucky in a lot of his blanks not to have scored points.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

CSF wrote: »
    To be honest, I wouldn't have anticipated 4 goals in 2 games from Kane either. But still probably would have backed him to outscore a severely misfiring Pelle.

I usually go form over fixtures myself, and preach it on here, but Swansea had looked so poor against both Chelsea and then Blackburn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

56 points moved me up 200 places to 2k. It's 4 consecutive green arrows for me now. Since GW 3 my arrow run has went like; 4 red - 4 green - 3 red - 4 green - 3 red - 4 green

2 FTs for the upcoming gameweek, no injuries in squad and my team is in decent shape. I increased my money league lead by 27 points as well as my nearest rival had a shocker.

Advertisement