Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isis burn pilot alive..

Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Nope just pointing out the stupidity of the posters who.are saying something needs to be done .
    I'm not the one calling for war

Train and equip the Kurds and other countries in modern warfare and let them take care of the business end of things. These middle eastern countries are oil rich and should also invest in training troops and educating their people.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

Tugboats wrote: »
    Thanks

It's been a week or so now, any replies to the emails you sent to left-wing groups and individuals asking about the existence or scale of the a current anti-war movement?

It's been a week or so now, any replies to the emails you sent to left-wing groups and individuals asking about the existence or scale of the a current anti-war movement?

Nothing. I was hoping since Murphy got released he could reply but nothing. Can you speed things at your end?:pac:

Nothing. I was hoping since Murphy got released he could reply but nothing. Can you speed things at your end?:pac:

I'm not part of any political groups but I just remember seeing posters around Dublin last Autumn and saw some public meetings being held by some people involved in the anti-war movement. Are you living outside of Dublin these days?

ISIS directly contacted the American girls family to inform them of her death. I'd say that's a nice email to get I wouldn't be opening the picture attached.

Jordan preparing ground troops?
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/jordan-deploys-ground-troops-iraq-border/story?id=28856391

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Looks like they are finally going to face some real force hopefully there hit with a sledge Hammer guarantee like rats all the UK and European jihadists will want to run back to mammy daddy and Starbucks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

I posted this on this very Thread ages ago and had some Spanner have a cry about the idea...
    The Aussie wrote: »
    I have a feeling it won't just stop at 6 executions, Boots on the ground with the authorisation of the Iraqi Government will be my guess

Not happened yet but my bet is better than some idiots guff... lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    do you realise how stupid that sounds? what would we do? form a "boards.ie expeditionary force" or what? what's wrong with having an opinion on what should be done?

I think the point Timberrrrrrrr is trying to get across is that it's oh-so-easy to call for total war and troops to be placed in that murder-hole knowing that you and yours are not going to be the ones to have to endure it.

One wonders how enthused our Call of Duty fanboys would be by the thought of war if there was a remote chance they or theirs could be conscripted to fight in it. I suspect their wagging tails would retract firmly between their legs.

Gatling wrote: »
    Looks like they are finally going to face some real force hopefully there hit with a sledge Hammer guarantee like rats all the UK and European jihadists will want to run back to mammy daddy and Starbucks

Most* would have a Travel Ban on them at this stage so hopefully the Rats can sink with the ship called ISIS...

* hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Karl Stein wrote: »
    One wonders how enthused our Call of Duty fanboys would be by the thought of war if there was a remote chance they or theirs could be conscripted to fight in it. I suspect their wagging tails would retract firmly between their legs.

They've been conditioned into thinking they'll respawn so they might not be too put out by the prospect. ;)

• Advertisement

First reply this morning. Still waiting for 10 more.

Yes, we are concerned about all warmongering, and in the case of Jordan we are also concerned at US plans to supply them with more munitions. We also condemn IS violence of course, but because our focus is specifically on Irish support for war and human rights abuse we limit our protests to that issue. In fact most of our protests are at Shannon, where Ireland's support for war manifests itself.

If you would like to be added to our mailing list please let us know

Karl Stein wrote: »
    I think the point Timberrrrrrrr is trying to get across is that it's oh-so-easy to call for total war and troops to be placed in that murder-hole knowing that you and yours are not going to be the ones to have to endure it

Train and equip the Kurds and other countries in modern warfare and let them take care of the business end of things. These middle eastern countries are oil rich and should also invest in training troops and educating their people.

First reply this morning. Still waiting for 10 more.

Yes, we are concerned about all warmongering, and in the case of Jordan we are also concerned at US plans to supply them with more munitions. We also condemn IS violence of course, but because our focus is specifically on Irish support for war and human rights abuse we limit our protests to that issue. In fact most of our protests are at Shannon, where Ireland's support for war manifests itself.

If you would like to be added to our mailing list please let us know

So which organisation sent you the message? And what's your thoughts on that stance?

So which organisation sent you the message? And what's your thoughts on that stance?

The Shannon one. They weren't really the one I wanted to hear from as they are probably the most consistent as they do make it clear Shannon is their issue. They still managed to get an impressive America jibe in when talking about Jordan though.

The Shannon one. They weren't really the one I wanted to hear from as they are probably the most consistent as they do make it clear Shannon is their issue. They still managed to get an impressive America jibe in when talking about Jordan though.

Which Shannon one? I've no clue as to who's who but is there one protest group dealing with Shannon or all of them involved? Do they have a name (organisation, not person of course!)?

Which Shannon one? I've no clue as to who's who but is there one protest group dealing with Shannon or all of them involved? Do they have a name (organisation, not person of course!)?

http://www.shannonwatch.org/

I think they protest at Shannon once a month or something.

I think they protest at Shannon once a month or something.

Yeh, most irritating things in life happen once a Month... :rolleyes:

Advertisement