Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isis burn pilot alive..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Is this real?

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/190880#.VNFfOy7LJ9h

Jordan say 5 people, including the female suicide bomber ISIS were trying to release will be killed in response.

I certainly hope so. It's about time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Never said it wasn't. So are you saying he was gutless so? Maybe you should start your own thread about that if you want and we are starting to go off topic.

Not at all. The lad had big massive balls of steal. The last thing in the world he was, was gutless.

I think we may be talking at cross purposes here. And yeah it's kinda off topic anyway. So I suppose we'll let it go for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

BMMachine wrote: »
    ISIS, the guys fighting against Assad (who used chemical weapons) and who began due to western support of Israel who regularly bomb children.

Its all quite confusing isn't it. Is there some sort of scale of evil we can use so we can vent our anger appropriately?

Didn't George Bush have some sort of axis of evil map? Maybe we can dust that off and see which category or class of evil we can put them into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Is this the same pilot who was attempting to kill the IS militants? While it is horrible what they did, he was trying to kill them in what is a war of sorts and of course, there is no morality in war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

jimgoose wrote: »
    I agree. The tragic misfiring of a couple of ICBMs from a missile sub wouldn't solve anything either. ;)

While killing all the people within the ISIS controlled regions of Iraq and Syria, and irradiating those huge swathes of lands for generations to come, would no doubt deal a blow to the organisation, I think it may be... a bit too much. No?

• Advertisement

strobe wrote: »
    Not at all. The lad had big massive balls of steal.

Nikita Khrushchev was an ignorant peasant who found himself outgunned and outclassed. He took one look at Kennedy face-to-face and fcuked off out of the Caribbean quare lively.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

c_man wrote: »
    Horrific.

And from that link

Yeah, that's not gonna solve anything.

Still, at least they'll be getting rid of some of the scum. Just a pity ISIS won't give a sh!t about it.

While killing all the people within the ISIS controlled regions of Iraq and Syria, and irradiating those huge swathes of lands for generations to come, would no doubt deal a blow to the organisation, I think it may be... a bit too much. No?

Is it war, or is it not? Depends on who's doing the damage, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JPCN1

What do you think it will achieve?

It will show that their enemies are not as weak as ISIS think they are. The hierarchy feel it's a war of the ages and feel there will be little in the way of a backlash. Bullying to get their way, if you will. Great, campaign slogan, Rape, Murder and Pillage and if you get captured the worst that'll happen is a few years in Jail and people to ask if you're okay now?

I'm sorry, but at times the death penalty is necessary.

And mistakes will be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Tugboats wrote: »
    Nothing will be done. We now live in an era of fake outrage,social media mourning and gutless world leaders

Gutless leaders like George Bush and Tony Blair, and the dimwit chickenhawks who enabled them, have left the region as the blow-back basket case it is.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

I remember my excitement when Obama started the military campaign against ISIS thinking it would like Bush and his shock and awe in Iraq. I pulled an all nighter for that one. We've been let down badly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I remember my excitement when Obama started the military campaign against ISIS thinking it would like Bush and his shock and awe in Iraq. I pulled an all nighter for that one. We've been let down badly

Ah jaysus, your watching too much FauxNews :P

It's not meant to be a tv war for your nightly entertainment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

What do you think it will achieve?

5 dead ISIS militants.

A good start. Hopefully the follow through will be there.

Kill every last one of them. If you support or are active within ISIL or Al Gaeda or give them any quarter, you have abandoned this world and will be sent to the next with minimal delay.

Make each and every one of them a martyr. Keep going until there's nobody left who cares.

Extermination is the way. Cockroaches. Vermin. Destroy them and let the inherent justice in such a cause be the salve for the conscience of those who say otherwise now.

If we could roll back in time and have the chance to deal with the Deaths Head SS again, everyone would support such thinking. Why should anyone moderate their thoughts now. These dirtbags are just as bad.

Kill each and every last one of them and spare your tears for their victims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Ever hear of this? ..................http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Conventions
    Is this the same pilot who was attempting to kill the IS militants? While it is horrible what they did, he was trying to kill them in what is a war of sorts and of course, there is no morality in war.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

watching this will help understand the vague questions you have about the media's coverage of all this. Its pretty long and tells the story of Afghanistan and how groups like ISIS have their origins in Saudi Arabian wahhabism.

There is a lot we don't know and never told.
    Man burning to death in a cage though? Pretty evil. Also very reportable evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Is this real?

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/190880#.VNFfOy7LJ9h

Jordan say 5 people, including the female suicide bomber ISIS were trying to release will be killed in response.

What IS did was absolutely shocking and horrific and it angers me greatly.
    However killing 5 prisoners in response is not the right move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

I haven't seen this latest video but up until that, i have not seen isis actually behead anyone.
    I have seen plenty of other beheading videos and they are strong stuff indeed. Thing is, there was feck all uproar over those.
    But now there's uproar. Over "beheading" videos that fade to black EVERY TIME!
    I dunno, something's amiss.
    Beheading, full video, groans of death, blood etc., head coming off....yada yada....no uproar.
    Beheading, fade to black, head left on back. Lets go to war.

Nah. Not buying it.

Ah jaysus, your watching too much FauxNews :P

It's not meant to be a tv war for your nightly entertainment!

It was great viewing deep down everyone loves a good war

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It's shocking, terrible, outrageous

barack is convinced his "global coalition" will put and end to it, hell baracks good pals the saudi's might even stop bankrolling ISIS as part of the global coalitions fight against them. And thus it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

It was great viewing deep down everyone loves a good war
    The banks lending the money to both sides certainly do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Me, I'd go full on Roman on them. Send in the heavy hitters and make a thousand widows in a week and line the approach roads to their "caliphate" with the crucified remains of their "brave warriors". Fight their kind of evil with a bigger abomination. Show them what and who is at stake. No pussyfooting going on. No political "solution". Fight fire with napalm. And yep history has shown that can work(with an attendant hearts and minds mission).

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

shedweller wrote: »
    The banks lending the money to both sides certainly do.

I doubt jihadi John needed a credit union loan for his Ak47, knife, zippo lighter and camcorder

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Wibbs wrote: »
    Me, I'd go full on Roman on them. Send in the heavy hitters and make a thousand widows in a week and line the approach roads to their "caliphate" with the crucified remains of their "brave warriors". Fight their kind of evil with a bigger abomination. Show them what and who is at stake. No pussyfooting going on. No political "solution". Fight fire with napalm. And yep history has shown that can work(with an attendant hearts and minds mission).

Can we not just carpet bomb the saudis and select parts of iraq at that rate?

Me, I'd go full on Roman on them.

Superman punch or spear?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Bambi wrote: »
    Can we not just carpet bomb the saudis and select parts of iraq at that rate?
    Nope, because that is relatively under control, internally and externally. ISIS isn't and it's been given way too much leeway IMH. Appeasement to nutters has shown to be not worth a tinker's curse throughout history. We should learn from that and kill the cancer before it spread to the rest of the body.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

But we won't. There are an estimated 5,000 European based ISIS fighters. Members states, including ourselves, are looking at deradicalisation programs and ways to welcome them back into European society. The Swedes want to give them jobs! Our lads want them to liase with the Gardai.

Like welcoming a rabid dog into your family home. You can give it all the love in the world, he'd still take a chunk out of the baby given half the opportunity.

It will be some fun and games if they start to return en masse.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

What IS did was absolutely shocking and horrific and it angers me greatly.
    However killing 5 prisoners in response is not the right move.
    It will help long term in dealing with ISIS as they realise their barbarity has consequences.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Didn't George Bush have some sort of axis of evil map? Maybe we can dust that off and see which category or class of evil we can put them into.

It d be better than sitting around doing nothing about it, bush might have been abit of a tard but atleast he d the balls to take action even if he was wrong alot of the time, being passive with isis is just sick.

The west needs to throw the rule book out the window when it comes to these people and just go in and annilhilate anyone connected to isis,

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

But we won't. There are an estimated 5,000 European based ISIS fighters. Members states, including ourselves, are looking at deradicalisation programs and ways to welcome them back into European society. The Swedes want to give them jobs! Our lads want them to liase with the Gardai.

Like welcoming a rabid dog into your family home. You can give it all the love in the world, he'd still take a chunk out of the baby given half the opportunity.

It will be some fun and games if they start to return en masse.

No, no it won't .

The airman knew his faith if captured- no sympathy from me.
    Also have ye never heard of napalm ???
    The yanks loved roasting entire Vietnam villages with that stuff.
    ,. A new low?? One combatant killed by others??

Ask the 1 million+ dead Iraquis about real terror as a result of American intervention .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Its the only way to deal with these people you simply have to take off the gloves and **** em up, the west gives em a shield when we give them the benefit of the our rules of engagement, when they happily operate completely outside of it against us,

Advertisement