Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Six Nations Fantasy Rugby - Irish Times + ESPNscrum

Options

Comments

Weeks of notice and I'm still left to pick a team in 50 seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Will Biggar share kicking duties with Halfpenny? Everyone seems to be going for him as their kicker in the Irish Times game.

I'm kind of tempted to go for Camille Lopez..... but then again, who knows what France will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Leigh playing a blinder!

Come on Leigh! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Haskell try denied by the post was not fortunate for my ESPN team.

-

Great performance from England. They ran over Wales in the second half. If they get something from their game in Ireland they'll bring back the Tournament to Albion.

but they wont ;)

• Advertisement

George Ford with the MoM award too.

Come on Georgie Boy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Absolutely sickened. I had Chris Attwood!!!! Legitimate try!!!!

Rikand wrote: »
    but they wont ;)

Would actually suit us :P...

Though hard to see us be real contenders this year with away games to Ireland & England...

23 points. Average...:/

iroced wrote: »
    Would actually suit us :P...

Though hard to see us be real contenders this year with away games to Ireland & England...

Ha!

Boards.ie

You're one of US whether you like it or not ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah it's the everything thread :) I'd say if we make above 40 posts we'll be doing well :pac:

Over 40 posts now and we've only had 1 game. Do not underestimate the power of hardcore posters!

Ha!

Boards.ie

You're one of US whether you like it or not ;)

Ah... 'tis like our new red shirt tomorrow. Red outside (or shall I say Green on boards) but forever Blue inside :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Agueroooo penalty! For Ireland.

Sean obrien injurying himself was not part of the plan

Ah... 'tis like our new red shirt tomorrow. Red outside (or shall I say Green on boards) but forever Blue inside :D.

Jayyyzuuus feckin' Christ... What an absolutely appalling game we played :o... We're not a team anymore. It's like each one of our player tried his thing to win the match. Desperating stuff. Red shirt. Red-faced.

-

Coming back to my ESPN team none of my player did something bar Camille Lopez my saving grace. How ironical considering the French performance this evening :rolleyes:.
    SOB big fat 0 is annoying. Didn't bring Faletau in since I fancied more 4 Irish than 4 Welsh. Those 6 pts could count in the end. Ah well. At least I moved up from my 12 pts last position yesterday :p:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

A pretty good start for me in both games. 2nd in the FSA league for ESPN on 64 points, 1 off the leader. Joint top of the FSA Irish Times on 67 with 2 other teams.

75 points leads overall in ESPN and in the Irish Times. So 11 and 8 points off top respectively. I'm very much still alive after the 1st week which is all I can ask for.

If I knew Tommy O'Donnell was going to start I'd have had him too.

Yep, Would have played O'Donnell myself instead of O'Brien. O'Brien getting himself injured right before the game was not part of the plan

A pretty good start for me in both games. 2nd in the FSA league for ESPN on 64 points, 1 off the leader. Joint top of the FSA Irish Times on 67 with 2 other teams.

75 points leads overall in ESPN and in the Irish Times. So 11 and 8 points off top respectively. I'm very much still alive after the 1st week which is all I can ask for.

If I knew Tommy O'Donnell was going to start I'd have had him too.

Yeah but you didn't take a punt on Aguero upfront. So there's some lack of lustre in your good performance this week-end, especially from YOU !!! :p :pac:.

Mid-table for me in both, the Haskell almost try would have helped. In the Irish Time I'm the first with 0 try :p (what ?! it's as worth a ranking as any :pac:).

Oh and just to be repetitive but I'm still in shok :eek:, I hope you spent your Saturday eve doing something useful and that you didn't waste your time watching the froggies :rolleyes:...

Yep, Would have played O'Donnell myself instead of O'Brien. O'Brien getting himself injured right before the game was not part of the plan

I was afraid something like that would happen and certainly knew he wasn't going to make 80. I tend to try and figure out what players get the full time for 3 points over the 2 of a player who gets subbed. Unless they're explosive options which Seanie certainly is but with only 50 minutes of Rugby in a year (I think?) was always a massive risk.

If done right it should get you roughly (picking a number out my head) 15 extra points by the end of the 5th week.

TOD should be in line for France now surely.

Yeah but you didn't take a punt on Aguero upfront. So there's some lack of lustre in your good performance this week-end, especially from YOU !!! :p :pac:.

Mid-table for me in both, the Haskell almost try would have helped. In the Irish Time I'm the first with 0 try :p (what ?! it's as worth a ranking as any :pac:).

Oh and just to be repetitive but I'm still in shok :eek:, I hope you spent your Saturday eve doing something useful and that you didn't waste your time watching the froggies :rolleyes:...

I saw the first half but they switched to Everton-Liverpool in the pub at half time so went home. Not sure which was game was worse :pac:

• Advertisement

When is the team news out ?

I want to make transfers! :D

When is the team news out ?

I want to make transfers! :D

Thursday before we'll have a clear picture anyway. Some might announce tomorrow though.

Ahem, lineups if you please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭airmech

Where do we go to make new transfers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

airmech wrote: »
    Where do we go to make new transfers?
    I think they call it something like "Team Changes" when you login.

Ireland: 15 Rob Kearney, 14 Tommy Bowe, 13 Jared Payne, 12 Robbie Henshaw, 11 Simon Zebo, 10 Jonathan Sexton, 9 Conor Murray, 8 Jamie Heaslip, 7 Sean O'Brien, 6 Peter O'Mahony, 5 Paul O'Connell (c), 4 Devin Toner, 3 Mike Ross, 2 Rory Best, 1 Jack McGrath

Replacements: 16 Sean Cronin, 17 Cian Healy, 18 Martin Moore, 19 Iain Henderson, 20 Jordi Murphy, 21 Isaac Boss, 22 Ian Madigan, 23 Felix Jones
    ________

France: 15 Scott Spedding, 14 Yoann Huget, 13 Mathieu Bastareaud, 12 Wesley Fofana, 11 Teddy Thomas, 10 Camille Lopez, 9 Rory Kockott, 8 Damien Chouly, 7 Bernard Le Roux, 6 Thierry Dusautoir (c), 5 Yoann Maestri, 4 Pascal Papé, 3 Rabah Slimani, 2 Guilhem Guirado, 1 Eddy Ben Arous

Replacements: 16 Benjamin Kayser, 17 Uini Atonio, 18 Vincent Debaty, 19 Romain Taofifenua, 20 Loann Goujon, 21 Morgan Parra, 22 Rémi Talès, 23 Rémi Lamerat
    ________

England: 15 Mike Brown, 14 Anthony Watson, 13 Jonathan Joseph, 12 Luther Burrell, 11 Jonny May, 10 George Ford, 9 Ben Youngs, 8 Billy Vunipola, 7 Chris Robshaw (c), 6 James Haskell, 5 George Kruis, 4 Dave Attwood, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Dylan Hartley, 1 Joe Marler.

Replacements: 16 Tom Youngs, 17 Mako Vunipola, 18 Kieran Brookes, 19 Nick Easter, 20 Tom Croft, 21 Richard Wigglesworth, 22 Danny Cipriani, 23 Billy Twelvetrees.

Italy: 15 Luke McLean, 14 Leonardo Sarto, 13 Luca Morisi, 12 Andrea Masi, 11 Giovambattista Venditti, 10 Kelly Haimona, 9 Edoardo Gori, 8 Sergio Parisse, 7 Francesco Minto, 6 Mauro Bergamasco, 5 Marco Bortolami, 4 George Fabio Biagi, 3 Martin Castrogiovanni 2 Leonardo Ghiraldini, 1 Alberto De Marchi.

Replacements: 16 Andrea Manici, 17 Matias Aguero, 18 Dario Chistolini, 19 Joshua Furno, 20 Samuela Vunisa, 21 Guglielmo Palazzani, 22 Tommaso Allan, 23 Giulio Bisegni.

Scotland: 5 Stuart Hogg, 14 Tommy Seymour, 13 Mark Bennett, 12 Alex Dunbar, 11 Tim Visser, 10 Finn Russell, 9 Greig Laidlaw (c), 8 Johnnie Beattie, 7 Blair Cowan, 6 Rob Harley, 5 Jonny Gray, 4 Richie Gray, 3 Euan Murray, 2 Ross Ford, 1 Alasdair Dickinson.

Replacements: 16 Fraser Brown, 17 Gordon Reid, 18 Geoff Cross, 19 Jim Hamilton, 20 Alasdair Strokosch, 21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, 22 Peter Horne, 23 Dougie Fife.

See correct team below

Wales: 15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Jonathan Davies, 12 Jamie Roberts, 11 Liam Williams, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Rhys Webb, 8 Taulupe Faletau, 7 Sam Warburton (c), 6 Dan Lydiate, 5 Alun-Wyn Jones, 4 Jake Ball, 3 Samson Lee, 2 Richard Hibbard, 1 Gethin Jenkins

Replacements: 16 Scott Baldwin, 17 Paul James, 18 Aaron Jarvis, 19 Luke Charteris, 20 Justin Tipuric, 21 Mike Phillips, 22 Rhys Priestland, 23 Scott Williams

Planet Rugby is a good site for team news

http://www.planetrugby.com/rugby-union-competitions/six-nations

I think Watson of England will be a popular transfer this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

I'm thinking of going overkill with English backs; I'll overlook Sexton for Ford, with M Brown & A Watson. I think England will put 50+ pts on the board this weekend. To be honest any of England's numbers 10-15 are seriously good shouts.

Anyone else got some must-haves?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

just joined the Irish Times one there, didn't do an ESPN one this time around

• Advertisement

I think I may have posted the wrong/last weeks Scottish team apologies

Here's the correct one I hope

Scotland: 15 Stuart Hogg, 14 Sean Lamont, 13 Mark Bennett, 12 Alex Dunbar, 11 Tim Visser, 10 Finn Russell, 9 Greig Laidlaw, 8 Johnnie Beattie, 7 Blair Cowan, 6 Rob Harley, 5 Jonny Gray, 4 Richie Gray, 3 Geoff Cross, 2 Ross Ford, 1 Alasdair Dickinson

Replacements: 16 Fraser Brown, 17 Gordon Reid, 18 Jon Welsh, 19 Jim Hamilton, 20 Alasdair Strokosch, 21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, 22 Greig Tonks, 23 Matt Scott

Also Samson Lee is ruled out for Wales with Aaron Jarvis replacing the tighthead

Advertisement