Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Six Nations Fantasy Rugby - Irish Times + ESPNscrum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I cant pick just 5 changes. I want to make like 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I think I may have posted the wrong/last weeks Scottish team apologies

Here's the correct one I hope

Scotland: 15 Stuart Hogg, 14 Sean Lamont, 13 Mark Bennett, 12 Alex Dunbar, 11 Tim Visser, 10 Finn Russell, 9 Greig Laidlaw, 8 Johnnie Beattie, 7 Blair Cowan, 6 Rob Harley, 5 Jonny Gray, 4 Richie Gray, 3 Geoff Cross, 2 Ross Ford, 1 Alasdair Dickinson

Replacements: 16 Fraser Brown, 17 Gordon Reid, 18 Jon Welsh, 19 Jim Hamilton, 20 Alasdair Strokosch, 21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, 22 Greig Tonks, 23 Matt Scott

Also Samson Lee is ruled out for Wales with Aaron Jarvis replacing the tighthead

I transferred in Seymour on foot of that! Now I'll have to make sure you get knocked outta our fsa champions league group!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

qwabercd wrote: »
    I transferred in Seymour on foot of that! Now I'll have to make sure you get knocked outta our fsa champions league group!

Sorry obviously I didn't do it on purpose I was just trying to do it a quickly as possible yesterday :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

All aboard the Watson train!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Right.

Irish Times team updated :cool:. I didn't pay (enough) attention last week but with (only) 3 players maximum from the same team, it's actually (a bit) tricky to make transfers.

Ditto ESPN team. Not happy of parting ways with captain Agüero :P :pac:...

Good luck to you all guys and come on... Ireland :o ! PSA's fate could be/is in your hands :P :pac:...

• Advertisement

... And that's why ya shall all have PArisse in your team :cool:.

Sergio is really the firstname of legends :D.

Everyone has Parisse so kinda doesn't gain you anything really. :/

YES! Vunipola. A must have for me, absolute tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭airmech

who got the assists for the 3 try s?

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Everyone has Parisse so kinda doesn't gain you anything really. :/
    True (though maybe not in the ESPN game) but outside fantasy I always liked this player. If he was not Italian he would be a true legend (though he's already one in Italy).
    airmech wrote: »
    who got the assists for the 3 try s?
    Is it not Ford who gave the ball to Joseph?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Where can we get info on assists?

Joseph MOTM anyways... (dont have him :-( )

thewools wrote: »

ATTWOOD! Yes!

He should have had a try last week too :mad:

ATTWOOD! Yes!

He should have had a try last week too :mad:

Had him last week - he got the chop this week for Ford and May...

Vunipola ? ffs! I took him out to bring in more England backs!

Though at least I had Parisse. Tbh, he was the very first name on my team sheet from week1

49 gw score with 6 to play inc my kicker.

Rikand wrote: »
    Vunipola ? ffs! I took him out to bring in more England backs!
    Did the same :o...
    I think Watson of England will be a popular transfer this week.
    It is all my fault but somehow I'm "angry" at you :pac:. I wanted to get in the English back who passed 4 Welsh player last week before scoring his try and you "made" me think it was Watson :mad: :pac:. Again all my fault for not having checked. Lost 15 pts here :(...

-

Overall not a great day for both my teams. Not very fortunate too with Brown, Thomas & Best (even Fofana who even if he went back in did not look 100%). Only saving grace is my late decision to go for Ben Youngs in my ESPN team.

Joseph in the ESPN game worked a treat anyway. Mike Brown going off injured after a few minutes was not part of the plan in either game. He's Englands best back by a mile and scored a hatful of points the last few years.

Dropping Fofana in the centre for Lamont is my other big play in the ESPN game.

Hard luck yesterday Iroced, it was nervous times for the last 5-10 minutes.

Hard luck yesterday Iroced, it was nervous times for the last 5-10 minutes.

Nah. We are crap. I was surprised how Ireland lowered down its level (or maybe I see you better than you are). Or... We really must have hurt you in history for your psychological blocking with us to be that big :eek:. Because on the back of the last 3 years unbeaten results you had against us and how poor we currently are in general, I still believe you should have crushed us yesterday. You made a hash of at least 2 great try opportunities that would have sealed the game for you and fully freed you from this mental thing.

As for us, we're just useless under PSA. We obviously worked a lot on the basics all week and were strong enough on them yesterday, particularly in defence but when it comes to building up attacking phases we turn into "disabled running puppets". The amount of knocks-ons, handling errors, passes into touch/behind the player/too short/too long/etc...:rolleyes::( was just desperating and is a disgrace to French rugby. Ah well 8 more months of suffering and hopefully we turn the FFR upside down and change things for once after the WC which, based on current form, could be a fiasco.

• Advertisement

RTE player died on my as usual just as richie gray had the ball. Was gray the one with the last pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Any starting teams out yet? Need to get to the top of my work league this weekend I think!

France: 15 Brice Dulin, 14 Yoann Huget, 13 Rémi Lamerat, 12 Wesley Fofana, 11 Sofiane Guitoune, 10 Camille Lopez, 9 Morgan Parra, 8 Damien Chouly, 7 Bernard Le Roux, 6 Thierry Dusautoir, 5 Yoann Maestri, 4 Romain Taofifenua, 3 Rabah Slimani, 2 Guilhem Guirado, 1 Eddy Ben Arous.

Replacements: 16 Benjamin Kayser, 17 Uini Atonio, 18 Vincent Debaty, 19 Jocelino Suta, 20 Loann Goujon, 21 Sebastien Tillous-Borde, 22 Rémi Talès, 23 Mathieu Bastareaud.

_____

Wales: 15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 George North, 13 Jonathan Davies, 12 Jamie Roberts, 11 Liam Williams, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Rhys Webb, 8 Taulupe Faletau, 7 Sam Warburton (c), 6 Dan Lydiate, 5 Alun-Wyn Jones, 4 Luke Charteris, 3 Samson Lee, 2 Scott Baldwin, 1 Gethin Jenkins.

Replacements: 16 Richard Hibbard, 17 Paul James, 18 Aaron Jarvis, 19 Bradley Davies, 20 Justin Tipuric, 21 Mike Phillips, 22 Rhys Priestland, 23 Scott Williams.

______

Scotland: 15 Stuart Hogg, 14 Tommy Seymour, 13 Mark Bennett, 12 Alex Dunbar, 11 Sean Lamont, 10 Peter Horne, 9 Greig Laidlaw (c), 8 Johnnie Beattie, 7 Blair Cowan, 6 Rob Harley, 5 Jonny Gray, 4 Tim Swinson, 3 Euan Murray, 2 Ross Ford, 1 Alasdair Dickinson.

Replacements: 16 Fraser Brown, 17 Ryan Grant, 18 Geoff Cross, 19 Ben Toolis, 20 Hamish Watson, 21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, 22 Greig Tonks, 23 Matt Scott.

______

Italy: 15 Luke McLean, 14 Michele Visentin, 13 Luca Morisi, 12 Enrico Bacchin, 11 Giovambattista Venditti, 10 Kelly Haimona, 9 Edoardo Gori, 8 Sergio Parisse, 7 Simone Favaro, 6 Francesco Minto, 5 Joshua Furno, 4 George Fabio Biagi, 3 Dario Chistolini, 2 Leonardo Ghiraldini, 1 Matias Aguero.

Replacements: 16 Andrea Manici, 17 Alberto De Marchi, 18 Lorenzo Cittadini, 19 Marco Fuser, 20 Samuela Vunisa, 21 Guglielmo Palazzini, 22 Tommaso Allan, 23 Giulio Bisegni.

_______

England: 15 Alex Goode, 14 Anthony Watson, 13 Jonathan Joseph, 12 Luther Burrell, 11 Jack Nowell, 10 George Ford, 9 Ben Youngs, 8 Billy Vunipola, 7 Chris Robshaw (c), 6 James Haskell, 5 George Kruis, 4 Dave Attwood, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Dylan Hartley, 1 Joe Marler.

Replacements: 16 Tom Youngs, 17 Mako Vunipola, 18 Henry Thomas, 19 Nick Easter, 20 Tom Croft, 21 Richard Wigglesworth, 22 Danny Cipriani, 23 Billy Twelvetrees.

_______

Ireland announced later today.

Teams taken from Planet Rugby previews of the 6 Nations games so presumably they're correct and I didn't screw them up like I did with Scotland the last time.

http://www.planetrugby.com/rugby-union-competitions/six-nations

Ireland: 15 Rob Kearney, 14 Tommy Bowe, 13 Jared Payne, 12 Robbie Henshaw, 11 Simon Zebo, 10 Jonathan Sexton, 9 Conor Murray, 8 Jordi Murphy, 7 Sean O'Brien, 6 Peter O'Mahony, 5 Paul O'Connell (c), 4 Devin Toner, 3 Mike Ross, 2 Rory Best, 1 Jack McGrath

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Bump any teams?

i forgot all about this. probably related to how awful I'm doing.

WALES - IRELAND
    Date: Saturday, March 14
    Venue: Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
    Kick-off: 14:30 GMT
    Referee: Wayne Barnes (England)
    Assistant Referees: Pascal Gauzère (France), Federico Anselmi (Argentina)
    TMO: Graham Hughes

Wales: 15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 George North, 13 Jonathan Davies, 12 Jamie Roberts, 11 Liam Williams, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Rhys Webb, 8 Taulupe Faletau, 7 Sam Warburton (c), 6 Dan Lydiate, 5 Alun-Wyn Jones, 4 Luke Charteris, 3 Samson Lee, 2 Scott Baldwin, 1 Gethin Jenkins

Replacements: 16 Richard Hibbard, 17 Rob Evans, 18 Aaron Jarvis, 19 Jake Ball, 20 Justin Tipuric, 21 Mike Phillips, 22 Rhys Priestland, 23 Scott Williams.

Ireland: 15 Rob Kearney, 14 Tommy Bowe, 13 Jared Payne, 12 Robbie Henshaw, 11 Simon Zebo, 10 Jonathan Sexton, 9 Conor Murray, 8 Jamie Heaslip, 7 Sean O'Brien, 6 Peter O'Mahony, 5 Paul O'Connell (c), 4 Devin Toner, 3 Mike Ross, 2 Rory Best, 1 Jack McGrath

Replacements: 16 Sean Cronin, 17 Cian Healy, 18 Martin Moore, 19 Iain Henderson, 20 Jordi Murphy, 21 Eoin Reddan, 22 Ian Madigan, 23 Felix Jones.

ENGLAND - SCOTLAND
    Date: Saturday, March 14
    Venue: Twickenham
    Kick-off: 17:00 GMT
    Referee: Romain Poite (France)
    Assistant Referees: George Clancy (Ireland), Marius Mitrea (Italy)
    TMO: Ben Skeen (New Zealand)

England: 15 Mike Brown, 14 Anthony Watson, 13 Jonathan Joseph, 12 Luther Burrell, 11 Jack Nowell, 10 George Ford, 9 Ben Youngs, 8 Billy Vunipola, 7 Chris Robshaw (c), 6 James Haskell, 5 Courtney Lawes, 4 Dave Attwood, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Dylan Hartley, 1 Joe Marler.

Replacements: 16 Tom Youngs, 17 Mako Vunipola, 18 Kieran Brookes, 19 Geoff Parling, 20 Tom Wood, 21 Richard Wigglesworth, 22 Danny Cipriani, 23 Billy Twelvetrees.

Scotland: 15 Stuart Hogg, 14 Dougie Fife, 13 Mark Bennett, 12 Matt Scott, 11 Tommy Seymour, 10 Finn Russell, 9 Greig Laidlaw, 8 David Denton, 7 Blair Cowan, 6 Rob Harley, 5 Jonny Gray, 4 Jim Hamilton, 3 Euan Murray, 2 Ross Ford, 1 Alasdair Dickinson.

Replacements: 16 Fraser Brown, 17 Ryan Grant, 18 Geoff Cross, 19 Tim Swinson, 20 Johnnie Beattie, 21 Adam Ashe, 22 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, 23 Greig Tonks.

ITALY - FRANCE
    Date: Sunday, March 15
    Venue: Stadio Olimpico, Rome
    Kick-off: 16:00 local (15:00 GMT)
    Referee: JP Doyle (England)
    Assistant referees: Nigel Owens (Wales), Stuart Berry (South Africa)
    TMO: Simon McDowell (Ireland)

Italy: 15 Luke McLean, 14 Leonardo Sarto, 13 Luca Morisi, 12 Andrea Masi, 11 Giovambattista Venditti, 10 Kelly Haimona, 9 Edoardo Gori, 8 Sergio Parisse, 7 Samuela Vunisa, 6 Francesco Minto, 5 Joshua Furno, 4 George Fabio Biagi, 3 Dario Chistolini, 2 Leonardo Ghiraldini, 1 Matias Aguero.

Replacements: 16 Andrea Manici, 17 Alberto De Marchi, 18 Lorenzo Cittadini, 19 Marco Barbini, 20 Guglielmo Palazzini, 22 Tommaso Allan, 23 Enrico Bacchin.

France: 15 Scott Spedding, 14 Yoann Huget, 13 Gaël Fickou, 12 Maxime Mermoz, 11 Noa Nakaitaci, 10 Camille Lopez, 9 Sébastian Tillous-Borde, 8 Loann Goujon, 7 Bernard le Roux, 6 Thierry Dusautoir (c), 5 Yoann Maestri, 4 Alexandre Flanquart, 3 Nicolas Mas, 2 Guilhem Guirado, 1 Eddy Ben Arous.

Replacements: 16 Benjamin Kayser, 17 Rabah Slimani, 18 Vincent Debaty, 19 Romain Taofifenua, 20 Damien Chouly, 21 Rory Kockott, 22 Jules Plisson, 23 Mathieu Bastareaud.

Decent scores so far for me in this round. Only 4 players to go in both games though. Can't believe I'm going into an Italy-France game with 2 Italians & 2 French and only 1 French back (shows how down we've gone :(...).

--- edit ---

410th for the Round 4 and just outside 5k overall in the Irish Times game :D.

But only around 30k in the ESPN game (the "real" one since it respects the proper player positions and a much better balance of your squad) though I'd say there's a lot more players in this one.

--- edit 2 ---

Oh and you won't believe it but... France won :eek: :p. Yes yes we did :rolleyes: :D...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've been using First Tryscorer odds as my deciding factor in choosing my players and it's been horrific. Rooted to the bottom of the table in all my leagues!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Well I'm winning the Boards ESPN comp after a good week but forgot the Irish Times one so not doing too well there.

Advertisement