Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Six Nations Fantasy Rugby - Irish Times + ESPNscrum

Options
  • 03-02-2015 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It's that time of year again folks. We've had our warm up with the Autumn Internationals but now the main event....for now. Small matter of the World Cup later in the year.

I'm going to create leagues for both the Irish Times game and ESPNscrum both are much of a muchness really.

The PIN for the ESPNscrum is: 89268

ESPN website: http://espnscrum.fantasyleague.com/Index.aspx

The PIN for the Irish Times is: 89277

Irish Times website: http://fantasyrugby.irishtimes.com/Index.aspx

It'd be great if we could get as many as FSA Boardsies as possible to make a team. The Irish Times is very slightly more easy than ESPN as you have to pick specific forwards positions in the ESPN game and can't spam all the backrow forwards.

Also England - Wales is on Friday night so don't get caught thinking you have Saturday morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Is this also the discussion thread ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rikand wrote: »
    Is this also the discussion thread ? :)

Yeah it's the everything thread :) I'd say if we make above 40 posts we'll be doing well :pac:

I presume Sexton is still out action for the opening game ? I wonder is he going to be worth getting in at all and if he's not, are any of the other kickers in the 6 nations any good at all ? :)

I haven't checked the rules yet for this year but you used to get 5 transfers a week. Sexton is out for this week but he's due back for the France game. The irish team's announced tomorrow anyway but I assume Madigan will get the nod over Keatley.

I'll throw up all the teams tomorrow if nobody else does when they're all announced. It's just a lucky dip so far as placeholders

France: 15 Scott Spedding, 14 Yoann Huget, 13 Mathieu Bastareaud, 12 Wesley Fofana, 11 Teddy Thomas, 10 Camille Lopez, 9 Rory Kockott, 8 Damien Chouly, 7 Bernard Le Roux, 6 Thierry Dusautoir (c), 5 Yoann Maestri, 4 Pascal Papé, 3 Rabah Slimani, 2 Guilhem Guirado, 1 Alexandre Menini

Replacements: 16 Benjamin Kayser, 17 Uini Atonio, 18 Eddy Ben Arous, 19 Romain Taofifenua, 20 Loann Goujon, 21 Morgan Parra, 22 Rémi Talès, 23 Rémi Lamerat

Wales: 15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Jonathan Davies, 12 Jamie Roberts, 11 George North, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Rhys Webb, 8 Taulupe Faletau, 7 Sam Warburton (c), 6 Dan Lydiate, 5 Alun-Wyn Jones, 4 Jake Ball, 3 Samson Lee, 2 Richard Hibbard, 1 Gethin Jenkins.

Replacements: 16 Scott Baldwin, 17 Paul James, 18 Aaron Jarvis, 19 Luke Charteris, 20 Justin Tipuric, 21 Mike Phillips, 22 Rhys Priestland, 23 Liam Williams.

England: 15 Mike Brown, 14 Anthony Watson, 13 Jonathan Joseph, 12 Luther Burrell, 11 Jonny May, 10 George Ford, 9 Ben Youngs, 8 Billy Vunipola, 7 Chris Robshaw (c), 6 James Haskell, 5 George Kruis, 4 Dave Attwood, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Dylan Hartley, 1 Joe Marler.

Replacements: 16 Tom Youngs, 17 Mako Vunipola, 18 Kieran Brookes, 19 Nick Easter, 20 Tom Croft, 21 Richard Wigglesworth, 22 Danny Cipriani, 23 Billy Twelvetrees.

Ireland's team is announced tomorrow for certain so I assume Scotland and Italy will be tomorrow too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Fair play for setting this up Mr P. I have no real interest in it myself but I noticed that there's a dedicated thread for this on the Rugby forum. I don't get this at all.

I mean what's the point of having a Fantasy Sports Arena (Sports being the key word) if every sport forum apart from soccer will just set up their own fantasy threads anyway? I agree with the feedback another poster made before (think it was 8-10) that this forum should just be renamed the FPL forum because that's what it pretty much is right now. Failing that keep the name 'Fantasy Sports Arena' and create a sub-forum for FPL.

Really sorry for going way off-topic but I just thought that this was an important point to make.

jebforever wrote: »
    Fair play for setting this up Mr P. I have no real interest in it myself but I noticed that there's a dedicated thread for this on the Rugby forum. I don't get this at all.

I mean what's the point of having a Fantasy Sports Arena (Sports being the key word) if every sport forum apart from soccer will just set up their own fantasy threads anyway? I agree with the feedback another poster made before (think it was 8-10) that this forum should just be renamed the FPL forum because that's what it pretty much is right now. Failing that keep the name 'Fantasy Sports Arena' and create a sub-forum for FPL.

Really sorry for going way off-topic but I just thought that this was an important point to make.

Well I guess the idea of this forum is for those who take Fantasy Sports slightly more seriously than others. In the rugby forum it's mainly a bit of fun for posters there and some friendly competition. I extended an invitation on the thread to here and we actually have had a good few join which is great to see.

There's been rugby games played here for at least the last 2 years and I'll be intending to keep that tradition going going for the long haul. I'd rather keep this thread for the six nations if possible as I don't want to frighten off any new posters we might get :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Well I guess the idea of this forum is for those who take Fantasy Sports slightly more seriously than others. In the rugby forum it's mainly a bit of fun for posters there and some friendly competition. I extended an invitation on the thread to here and we actually have had a good few join which is great to see.

There's been rugby games played here for at least the last 2 years and I'll be intending to keep that tradition going going for the long haul. I'd rather keep this thread for the six nations if possible as I don't want to frighten off any new posters we might get :pac:

Well fair enough then, if it ain't broke don't fix it. It looks like us FPL nuts will continue to be the dominant force in the FSA forum for the foreseeable future and how bad sure!

Thanks for the team announcements. Couple of changes made already, lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Sorry Mr P, I'm going to give this a skip just this one time, I'll definitely be back for the next. I am absolutely hectic with work and a couple of other things at the moment so it'll be Friday night/ Saturday morning FPL only for the time being (obviously I'll still be logging onto FSA a few times a day:p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

jebforever wrote: »
    I'd not like to backseat moderate or administrate boards but the rugby forum admins/mods should have linked the thread to here.

As I said on the feedback thread, a couple of us asked for a Fantasy Premier League subforum (instead of the unique thread) in the Soccer forum some years ago which was denied for several reasons. Instead we came to the agreement that a Fantasy Sports subforum could be created in the Games forum and it should gather all Fantasy sports games (bar the American football one since it was existing for a while, running well and has its own rules etc...).

I don't know what decisions will be taken from the feedback thread but I suppose (from my simple poster point of view - don't know if it's technically that easy) a FPL subforum would be the easiest way to give better visibility to the other fantasy games and thus sort that.

-

Anyway, back on topic. Great effort Mr. P for creating private leagues for both games. I'll enter a team in both and this time I won't do it 10 min before deadline :P...

Ireland to win it this year don't you think? Who are your on form players?

Sorry Mr P, I'm going to give this a skip just this one time, I'll definitely be back for the next. I am absolutely hectic with work and a couple of other things at the moment so it'll be Friday night/ Saturday morning FPL only for the time being (obviously I'll still be logging onto FSA a few times a day:p)

Yeah yeah.... Admit it. You're just afraid that I'll hamer you this time (=> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92967709&postcount=15 :pac: :p :pac:).

I think everything works fine the way it is, plenty room for both and no need for any hassle of anything for anyone :)

Not even a lucky dip Swiper? Ah the World Cup is the big one this year I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Someone post up a good template team there so I can copy it! Know nothing about rugby but ended up in a (free) league at work, pride is at stake though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

jive wrote: »
    Someone post up a good template team there so I can copy it! Know nothing about rugby but ended up in a (free) league at work, pride is at stake though
    As you helped me out in the wildcard thread, 3 from France, England, Ireland and Wales. Halfpenny, Laidlaw,Sexton (when back) all kickers so should score well.

patmac wrote: »
    As you helped me out in the wildcard thread, 3 from France, England, Ireland and Wales. Halfpenny, Laidlaw,Sexton (when back) all kickers so should score well.

Now if ya could just give me another 14 names wel be even... ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Now I know how casual FPL players feel when they're asked to make their initial choices. Literally haven't a clue despite watching most games!

And this is our 24 hour notice for getting your teams in :)

25 in the Irish Times league and 11 in the ESPN. Bigger and better than last year already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

who kickin for france:o

redarmy wrote: »

Probably Camille Lopez but could easily be Kockott too. I wouldn't chance it this week and I'm only guessing by saying them too.

Paging our French correspondent, Iroced? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭LostArt

Camille Lopez kicked in the November tests

• Advertisement

only dedicated kicker gets points on Irish Times! :o

You were meant to post the rest of the teams Mr.P!

Link to the teams for anyone interested :: http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/fantasy-rugby-six-nations-xvs-at-a-glance-1.2092620

That's what i have done, 2 from italy, 1 from scotland.

Looking forward to this weekend! :D

Rikand wrote: »
    You were meant to post the rest of the teams Mr.P!

Link to the teams for anyone interested :: http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/fantasy-rugby-six-nations-xvs-at-a-glance-1.2092620

Ooops :pac:

Italy: A Masi; L Sarto, M Campagnaro, L Morisi, L McLean; K Haimona, E Gori
    M Aguero, L Ghiraldini, M Castrogiovanni; J Furno, G Biagi; A Zanni, F Minto, S Parisse (captain)

Replacements: A Mancini, A De Marchi, D Chistolini, M Fuser, M Barbini, G Palazzani, T Allan, G Venditti

Ireland: 15 Rob Kearney, 14 Tommy Bowe, 13 Jared Payne, 12 Robbie Henshaw, 11 Simon Zebo, 10 Ian Keatley, 9 Conor Murray,
    8 Jordi Murphy, 7 Sean O'Brien, 6 Peter O'Mahony, 5 Paul O'Connell (captain), 4 Devin Toner, 3 Mike Ross, 2 Rory Best, 1 Jack McGrath.

Replacements: 16 Sean Cronin, 17 James Cronin, 18 Marty Moore, 19 Iain Henderson, 20 Tommy O'Donnell, 21 Isaac Boss, 22 Ian Madigan, 23 Felix Jones.

Scotland: Stuart Hogg; Tommy Seymour, Mark Bennett, Alex Dunbar, Tim Visser; Finn Russell, Greig Laidlaw (capt)
    Alasdair Dickinson, Ross Ford, Euan Murray, Richie Gray, Jonny Gray, Rob Harley, Blair Cowan, Johnnie Beattie.

Replacements: Fraser Brown, Gordon Reid, Geoff Cross, Jim Hamilton, Alasdair Strokosch, Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, Peter Horne, Dougie Fife.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Hmmm Laidlaw or Lopez as kicker...anyone know who to go with?

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Hmmm Laidlaw or Lopez as kicker...anyone know who to go with?

Neither, Halfpenny.

redarmy wrote: »
    Probably Camille Lopez but could easily be Kockott too. I wouldn't chance it this week and I'm only guessing by saying them too.

Paging our French correspondent, Iroced? :)
    LostArt wrote: »
    Camille Lopez kicked in the November tests

Yeah Lopez should be the "starting" kicker. But with PSA you never know... Maybe Dusautoir would kick if both Lopez & Kockott fail :rolleyes: :pac:...

To stay serious, should be Lopez, Kockott and Parra when he comes in. Parra could (should) even be number 1 kicker when/if subbed in. I think Spedding took the long distance kicks back in November so this should not change.

As ever with PSA it's a mess :D :rolleyes:...

LostArt wrote: »
    Neither, Halfpenny.

Who's gonna kick for Ireland? Away to Italy is as good a fixture s it can be for "les trèfles" :D.

iroced wrote: »

Who's gonna kick for Ireland? Away to Italy is as good a fixture s it can be for "les trèfles" :D.

Keatley, though his kicking is average at best

Right.

Joined both :cool:.

Let's hope for much of that
    910464-e4cd54ec-8b7d-11e3-836d-02ea2adb9f0a.jpg

and hopefully none of this
    article-2282447-182BAE77000005DC-158_634x364.jpg

• Advertisement

2 Hours to go to get those teams made and entered.

From tomorrow I won't be accepting any more teams who haven't joined the leagues. It's only fair to those who're in from the start to compete for FSA glory :)

Advertisement