Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids movies/stories/programmes that scared the bejesus out of you as a child

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Christ even watching this public safety advert now sent a shiver up my spine -

Does anyone remember the ESB ad, where these kids are tossing a little girls doll around, it ends up on the pylon and one of the kids goes to rescue it and gets electrocuted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Umekichi wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the ESB ad, where these kids are tossing a little girls doll around, it ends up on the pylon and one of the kids goes to rescue it and gets electrocuted?

I do I Used to hide behind a cushion when it came on I hated I!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Rumple Fugly

She was in that public safety ad about the danger of standing too close to the fire if you're wearing a synthetic nightie; very stern woman all together.

She was the baddie in Forty Coats, my mum reckons I used to go mental and hide when she was on screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Umekichi wrote: »

Unfortunately. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

We'd watch a movie for the last hour of a Friday when we were in 1st and 2nd class. For some reason, the movie Matilda really terrified me. I can recall getting a horrible feeling of dread when it came on, the part where the guy eats the cake particularly frightened me. When I think of the movie, I remember the feeling of terror and anxiety that I had, more than I can remember the scenes. I think I spent some time in the toilets to avoid watching it. Very strange because it's not a scary movie at all.

Generally, I was very scared when I was younger, but usually over paranormal stuff (I thought I was possessed by Satan for a stage of my childhood) but this wasn't like that at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

I was only about 5 at the time, and my dad brought home a big selection of Disney films. The usual stuff that was out in the early-90's. But nestled among the cute and cuddly stuff, was something from the depths of Hell itself; The Black Cauldron. This film scared the living crap out of me and I spent many a night thereafter crying and clinging to my mum.

Also, Jaws, It, Are You Afraid Of The Dark? (thanks to that f*cking show, I was for many years to come!), Goosebumps, etc.

I was a cowardly, fraidy-cat as a kid. Thankfully, I'm not so much any more. I think. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Sheamus and Sile McSpud.

They were on Bosco, God they were freaky!

Can't believe we're 9 pages in and nobody mentioned it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Sheamus and Sile McSpud.

The music at the start sounds like something I might hear in the back of my head after waking up from some sort of drug induced coma. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Sheamus and Sile McSpud.

Brilliant, thanks!

I'd love to find a clip of that Times The Tide (or something) animation that used to be on Bosco also - it was set on the seashore. There was something slightly eerie about that too. It was about a girl and her crustacean friends from what I remember.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The music from 'Children Of The Stones' was the most terrifying thing I've ever heard, I watched it lately on YouTube and even now it still scares me.
    I ordered it online to see was it as scary as it seemed, and yes, despite crap SFX it was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Anyone remember a film called The Peanut Butter Solution? Weird creepy kids film....I watched it recently again and it really is a weird random movie - I didn't realise how much so until I watched it as an adult!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Zelda from Terrahawks!
    The witch in snow white when she turns into an old woman
    The baddie in Thundercats
    all terrifying still!

Advertisement