Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Libertines - 3Arena - 9th July

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Did Shane do a song with them?

He was in no state to sing, he spoke on the mic at the end and he was struggling to put a sentence together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What a gig! Greatest encore I've ever seen live. They didn't want to stop playing!

SantryRed wrote: »
    What a gig! Greatest encore I've ever seen live. They didn't want to stop playing!

It was ridiculously good, I kept thinking thats probably it then they would launch into another classic. There was group behind us who left before the they went off the first time, I heard them say we have heard all the hits so we might as well go :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Excellent gig, better than expected

Hotpress have a review on their website completely slating them, bizarre! That's the first negative I've heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Hotpress have 2 great reviews up now, not sure if there are others. It was a brilliant night, very glad my pregnant girfriend decided to leave our seats for downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Paddy2012

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Hotpress have a review on their website completely slating them, bizarre! That's the first negative I've heard.

I just read that, his main complaint seems to be their rough sound which misses the point entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Flying Fox wrote: »

They have two reviews up, one slating it and one loving it. The guy who is slating the gig just clearly isn't a Libertines fan. He starts the article by saying they don't have the back catalogue or musical ability to headline a 3 arena gig. Quite a criticism considering some of the rubbish acts that have headlined that arena down the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

There were a few journalists on Twitter last night saying that they thought it was absolutely terrible. I'd say if you weren't a fan it was pretty woeful alright, not exactly going to be a polished gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

I must need to reread one of them :/ it doesn't matter anyway, we had a great night - one the gf too had been waiting a decade for.

• Advertisement

thee glitz wrote: »
    I must need to reread one of them :/ it doesn't matter anyway, we had a great night - one the gf too had been waiting a decade for.

Who cares what the reviews say, I'd a great night and that's all that matters, taste in music is like taste in food, some people love what other people hate and vice versa.

How else do Coldplay have any fans? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bohemian_Soul

I will be honest, i would not class myself as a big Libertines fan, bought and enjoyed the albums but would not class myself as a 'fan' in the true sense. I was there to see the Courteeners first and foremost, after travelling to the UK to see them quite a bit it was great to see them on Irish soil again even if it was a diluted support setlist.

The Libertines performance last night blew me away! great energy, great sound, exciting mix of back catalogue tunes and most importantly a great vibe within the crowd which was electric. They were as good as anything i have seen in the Point and i think they were helped by Liam Fray and the lads setting the mood! it is just a pity more people didnt bother getting in early to watch them but each to their own....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

brilliant!

well worth the trip up from cork

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Beta Canis Majoris

Great gig, much better than I expected. Don't know why because I've seen babyshambles/dirty pretty things/pete solo and they were all brilliant gigs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jimosterberg

Brilliant gig. Had been waiting quite a while for that. The courteeners were great and the Libertines were fantastic. Great crowd too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

There were a few journalists on Twitter last night saying that they thought it was absolutely terrible. I'd say if you weren't a fan it was pretty woeful alright, not exactly going to be a polished gig!

I'm not a big fan, got free tickets. I thought it was a great gig, they sounded good, much better than at Glasto. Great crowds energy, band appeared to be loving it up on stage, definitely not a cheorographed performance, as you would expect. Great support act too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Very worrying times!
    Two gigs cancelled Pete gone awol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Think they said it's all good.

What are people thinking of the new album? Only given it one listen but it's not as good as the first two. That said, Fame and Fortune is a great track.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

I'm really enjoying it! Was never going to be as good but certainly worth another listen

Advertisement