Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Libertines - 3Arena - 9th July

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

No they on ticketmaster €55 approx (fees Inc.)

I have mine already was just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Libertine1

Travelling down from Belfast for this, should be a good one!
    Anyone recommend any pubs close to the 3Arena for a few pints before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Libertine1 wrote: »
    Travelling down from Belfast for this, should be a good one!
    Anyone recommend any pubs close to the 3Arena for a few pints before?

The Ferryman just off the Samuel Beckett bridge is a nice spot. About ten minutes walk from the arena. Or you could try the Brew Dock outside Connolly Station if you like your craft beers. Luas stop straight outside will bring you to the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Beta Canis Majoris

What time will libertines be on stage at ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What time will libertines be on stage at ?

It say they will be on about 9

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Bought my (standing) tickets for this yesterday. Hoping it's a good crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Beta Canis Majoris

Bought my (standing) tickets for this yesterday. Hoping it's a good crowd.

The crowd will be grand, most libertines fans are likely to be in their late 20's/ early 30's at this stage. Not a trouble making demographic! Does anyone know what drinks are available
    at the bar and prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Anyone come across stage times? I sort of estimating The Courteeners about 19.15 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

nm wrote: »
    Anyone come across stage times? I sort of estimating The Courteeners about 19.15 ?

Id say 7.30 to 8.15 or there abouts, and then Libs @ 9PM sharp...........should pop up on twitter later from MCD , and if not , Liam Fray pretty much always tweets the start time of gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Pints are normally €6.50 in this glorified cinema. Looking forward to the gig though all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bohemian_Soul

Also looking for Courteeners start time if somebody happens to find out between now and 6ish?

i am hoping the lads decide on a stand alone Irish gig on the back of tonight if it goes to plan! No better live band on the planet at the minute.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

From MCD's twitter:

Courteeners: 19:45
    Libertines: 21:00

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jimosterberg

Enjoyed The Courteeners last time they were in the academy. Can't wait to see The Libertines. Hopefully stage times will be up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bohemian_Soul

Cheers Goldenages

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Also looking for Courteeners start time if somebody happens to find out between now and 6ish?

i am hoping the lads decide on a stand alone Irish gig on the back of tonight if it goes to plan! No better live band on the planet at the minute.....

After Heaton, i fully agree :):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,083 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The crowd will be grand, most libertines fans are likely to be in their late 20's/ early 30's at this stage.

Could it go the other way though? I was at Morrissey at 3Arena before Christmas and 'the place was dead as heaven on a Saturday night' to quote another songwriting genius...sort of sorry I'm not going now though...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Anyone there? Good atmosphere anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

wow! that was a great night, the lads gave it everything. great crowd too, a few years ago the libs would prob be playing oxegen as tis the time of year. so glad that the fans got a standalone gig, they band really fed off it

That was awesome

Incredible. So happy right now :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Very enjoyable gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Fantastic gig. Couldn't ask for more from them. 2 hours of great songs, and Shane McGowan.

Hard to think of a better encore that I've seen than that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

What a gig man, also shoutout to Carl for throwing the microphone stand in my face haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hippyreject

Great gig. the crowd were unreal! Couldn't have asked for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Perhaps one of the best ever gigs in the o2?

The crowd was so up for it and the band loved it, incredible night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Fantastic gig and fantastic atmosphere. I'd hate to have been sitting for it though, wouldn't have been anywhere near as good I'd say.

That encore was a thing of beauty. You're My Waterloo is my fave song of theirs and it was just great live. Thought the new track, Gunga Din, was great too. Time For Heroes was amazing. The crowd went fecking mental for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

I had been waiting for that gig for just over a decade. It did not disappoint. I haven't behaved like that at a gig since I was 16. A night I will cherish forever. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Been to a lot of gigs but that ranks up there as one of the best. Such a great feeling when reality exceeds and already high expectation. Even got a bit of the microphone to remember it by!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Did Shane do a song with them?

Advertisement