Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Project Binky - GT4 in a Mini

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

God damn I love this show

I'm useless with cars, engineering, handywork, metalwork, my hands....and yet this is fascinating to watch. Their ability to work around issues and problem solve is brilliant and it's so cool to see them put small pieces of engineering together to build something that is going to be unique and bloody brilliant. I don't understand much of the engineering and I don't bog myself down by feeling stupid about that, but it's just really cool to watch it all unfold.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I really hope they get the car done finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

It does seem like progress has slowed in the most recent episodes..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Best thread on boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They're likely to die of old age before it's done :)

Kind of wishing I'd held off till the end so I could watch it all together for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

There getting down to the ****ty little jobs nobody wants to do now and the fun to watch engineering has been finished, plus they become celebrities so they'll spend most of summer out n about at shows and events.

Cardboard fully working heater was class as was finished article.

Ep 18 dropping tonight at 8 according to their twitter.

**** that was quick turn around for them 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

May as well post it so..

Nate

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They'd want to up the pace a tad

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Yep. Fair enough, it takes 15 hours to make a beautiful bracket etc but that's still only a few days work done since last video.

mickdw wrote: »
    Yep. Fair enough, it takes 15 hours to make a beautiful bracket etc but that's still only a few days work done since last video.

It is almost like they have full time jobs and families also and only get to work on it when they get free time :)

That may be but they have viewers funding this now and further sponsors too so they might want to give it some more of their spare time.

mloc123 wrote: »
    It is almost like they have full time jobs and families also and only get to work on it when they get free time :)

Surely not, your making that up, that blonde bird was an actress playing a wife surely and those babies were just kidnapped for the opening credits once :pac::pac::pac::D:pac::pac::pac:

That may be but they have viewers funding this now and further sponsors too so they might want to give it some more of their spare time.

Perhaps it's the reason they're progressing slowly, finish the car and the funding finishes too.

It's a passion project that's really well put together and explained, they're right to go at their own pace imo

And if those people were not happy with the speed of progress, they would probably stop funding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Anybody here funding it as a matter of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Anybody here funding it as a matter of interest?

I've bought stuff from their store, that's about it.

FWIW, I'm hoping they keep it as slow as possible for more episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Patww79 wrote: »
    I've bought stuff from their store, that's about it.

FWIW, I'm hoping they keep it as slow as possible for more episodes.

I havent either buy the pace of it doesn't inspire me either, I do however feel a little guilty when I watch soup, always look forward to that one.

• Advertisement

Don't get me wrong, I love the work and the detail they go to to achieve stuff but I don't need it to be so slow moving.
    Loved the auto wiper install.... half thinking of putting auto wipers into our old tractor just as a piss take.

Don't get me wrong, I love the work and the detail they go to to achieve stuff but I don't need it to be so slow moving.
    Loved the auto wiper install.... half thinking of putting auto wipers into our old tractor just as a piss take.
    Get the dump valve in first

Ep 19 tomorrow at 8.

Today if your a patron.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Very good episode, as usual everything overdone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Imagine if they took it out for a test drive when it's done and it got written off by a truck or something.........😣

saving this for Friday night so I can chill out and have a beer!

Episode 20 tomorrow at 8 :)

Today if you're a patron.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

RAjAXL1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

New episode up.

https://youtu.be/WIyxrvO3dRk

Mind blowing skill!

Advertisement