Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Project Binky - GT4 in a Mini

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Bump for the best thing I've ever seen on youtube. If you're a petrol heard and not following this series YOU ARE MISSING OUT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I watched those over christmas now waiting for the next one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

So much bro in these videos :)

Total woman repellent too. The gf walked in the room, took one look at your man... 180ed it out the door without a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

So much bro in these videos :)

Total woman repellent too. The gf walked in the room, took one look at your man... 180ed it out the door without a word.

I read a thread of a someone in the UK who put a c2 body on a chopped evo chassis. It must have been a phenomenal Q car

http://www.pistonheads.com/GASSING/topic.asp?h=0&t=1167010&mid=0&nmt=C2+Evolution

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Just watched those 8 episodes. Wow, the attention to detail is amazing and completely over engineered but with that amount of extra metal the original gt4 is probably lighter.

Anyway, Finally a properly built mini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Loving this.... :)

Nate

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Watched all of those - his fabrication skills are tremendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Watched all of those - his fabrication skills are tremendous.

Just watched the 8th episode, I'm loving it so far, and i agree with the fabrication skills, seriously talented guy

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just watched the 8th episode, I'm loving it so far, and i agree with the fabrication skills, seriously talented guy

2.3t in a Matiz....

Ah go on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

2.3T? Nah. V8 all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

2.3T? Nah. V8 all the way.

V8 Mustang for 161 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Theres a pretty standard swap for this now with high end motorcycle blocks such as the Hayabusa. You can take a Lambo off the line with one. Always wanted to try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

colm_mcm wrote: »
    2.3t in a Matiz....

Ah go on

That would be fun! It's got the lowest tax in its class :D honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Thanks for posting that OP. Cheered me right up the other night.

Updates too please :pac:

Reminded me I must watch the rest of MCMods 3 litre 3.6 litre turbo subaru legacy thing.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057259139

These shows are like the modern version of 'hands' that was on RTE back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Watched them all this evening without knowing it wasn't finished yet. Disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

That's what annoyed me too. No last episode!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Bing_IRL

I did warn ye! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Just watched all the episodes. That guy has skills ... some really complex parts made from scratch. I like the humorous way they go about it, I'd love to know how long they spent making some of the more complex parts like the firewall...

They go completely overboard on some things, that fecking door mechanism :O

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

BigEejit wrote: »

They go completely overboard on some things, that fecking door mechanism :O

That was a nice bit of work. Right up my street that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

mickdw wrote: »
    That was a nice bit of work. Right up my street that.

Loved it. Mecano level 10!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Seriously class videos with the workmanship, ingenuity, addention to detail and whit. Very addictive viewing and in awe of the commitment, time, effort and money involved. Even the video editing is top class. Should have their own show on discovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

....Should have their own show on discovery.
    I agree with you there, but i'm not sure how they would get on. They are doing a very long term project whereas I doubt the wheeler dealer lads spend more than a month on even the most difficult cars....

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭ricimaki

That venting is a thing of beauty!
    Kinda think they went a little overboard with the front end though, the auto open/close could only be useful at shows and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Bing_IRL wrote: »
    That venting is a thing of beauty!
    Kinda think they went a little overboard with the front end though, the auto open/close could only be useful at shows and such.

Thought the same myself and very complicated, I know your man is great at wiring etc but the switched etc look fairly delicate and over complicated. Unnecessary weight.

My god the guillotine/press was some impressive workmanship!

Sitec wrote: »
    My god the guillotine/press was some impressive workmanship!

The suspense to see if it worked or not. Better than any episode of Game of Thrones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Over engineering at it's finest, quality fab work though. I was impressed with the fitting of the s2000 seat so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭ricimaki

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I love those guys! Did you spot Turbo Tom's nod to the Bad Obsession lads in one of his last videos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Been waiting on next episode for few months, its a great watch. Make a good bbc top gear replacement, entertaining and educational.

Advertisement