Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trainee Auditor Comptroller General

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 wemmet

Feck it, I just emailed Karan Nesbitt and asked her what the craic is.

I will let you know if I hear anything back

Boll*x - just got her out of office!!!!!!

The wait goes on....

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Poles

Hold your breaths lads.

Rang them and we should have them by 5 today at the latest.

Just got an email - placed 8th on the order of merit....

Happy days!

Hope the news is good for everyone else too :)

Congrats.

Placed in top 10 also. Just glad the wait is over.

• Advertisement

Cheers man, and you too - well done

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Egghead12

Placed top ten. Happy out. Well done to all

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TCO

Placed in top 15. Happy days. Congrats to all who made it!

Anyone hear anything further re potential start dates?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Poles wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything further re potential start dates?

Mid May is what I heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 boreds.ie

A mid May start is fine, although it's a bit too vague in terms of being able to give notice, so has anyone heard when we might get notified of a start date? I'm not bothered about what the actual start date is, what I am concerned about is when we'll be told that start date. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jimmyshoehorn

A summary of the following paragraph: it's a long winded explanation that basically says they haven't fully decided yet when we'll start & the reasons why that is.

I was on to PAS in relation to when we might start or get a start date and unfortunately it's not all that clear or definite. They're waiting until our vetting forms come back and if everything is in order with them then we'll be offered the position but supposedly then our starting dates will be dependent on notice periods people may have to work or release dates being agreed. They had planned on us starting in 2 groups of 8 on the 11th & 18th of May but due to the vetting maybe taking longer for some than for others, those that have lived abroad for any significant length of time or in multiple countries abroad for instance, will take longer to get clearance, therefore we may, and that is only a may, be starting as soon as we're available which could be in ones & twos. Or they may wait for smaller groups than the intended 8 people to be vetted and available to start together. They haven't decided yet, or maybe more accurately, they aren't able make that decision until the vetting forms start coming back to them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Anyone have any news on a start date?

Don't suppose anyone has heard anything about start dates yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TCO

Has anybody got their contract yet?? I haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Egghead12

Well lads. So how's everyone getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mcdonald1

Hi,

I got an email asking me to attend for stage 1 testing: verbal and numerical tests and a case study.

Just wondering if any one who has gone through this stage and could let me know what I can expect, particularly in the case study??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

My brother got called also and he is wondering about the case study too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marissashapes

Hi Guys,

This campaign is running again it seems. I am called for a case study next week. Can anyone shed any light on what to expect?

I was thinking it couldnt be too technical because its a trainee role, but after reading the comments above, now I'm not so sure!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

Anyone get their results?

I did well it seems. Got called to stage 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭thelostboys23

corny wrote: »
    Anyone get their results?

I did well it seems. Got called to stage 2.

Called to Stage 2 also but no word of interview yet, surprised thought i messsed up the case study. How well did you place?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

Yeah I've no definite date yet for interview either but it should be early January.

Placed top 10. Wonder how many are going forward to interview?

Would like to know how many going for it alright or even the number they're taking on.

Will hopefully hear of intrview details soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Gadgetman99

Results are out today, how did every one get on?

Did any one get called to stage 2 or just get results?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Anyone go for the Trainee Auditor competition?

Just got called to a Case Study, Anyone able to shed any light on what to expect?

I read in previous posts on this thread that many are part or fully qualified accountants. I literally have no accounting experience or qualifications. Do I even stand a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Anyone go for the Trainee Auditor competition?

Just got called to a Case Study, Anyone able to shed any light on what to expect?

I read in previous posts on this thread that many are part or fully qualified accountants. I literally have no accounting experience or qualifications. Do I even stand a chance?

I'm the same as you. Just give it a shot. I've no experience or qualifications on this one either. We'll.have to wait and see what the case study is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BelleEnda

Must have done over ten competitions now, but never an online, home based case study. Have absolutely no idea what to expect from this. They provided a 9 page document today about the case study............ which included no information about case studies.

The highlights include doing a 360 of the room you're taking the test in, showing your wrists to the person on the other end of the webcam.

Could they not have just done this in abbey street.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

BelleEnda wrote: »
    Must have done over ten competitions now, but never an online, home based case study. Have absolutely no idea what to expect from this. They provided a 9 page document today about the case study............ which included no information about case studies.

The highlights include doing a 360 of the room you're taking the test in, showing your wrists to the person on the other end of the webcam.

Could they not have just done this in abbey street.

Seems a bit ott alright. Wouldn't of minded a day out.

Also I'm not sure if I should go look up some finance books or not. "You will not be expected to have a detailed understanding and knowledge of legislation, public administration, financial systems and audit, but will be expected to demonstrate an ability to deal with the material presented."

Like, do I need to start studying or is it more of an aptitude thing. 🤷🏻*♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nesk12

Does anyone know what to expect from this case study? Can anyone who has done it before shed some light please?

• Advertisement

nesk12 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what to expect from this case study? Can anyone who has done it before shed some light please?

I done the case study a couple of years ago. Cant remem exactly but you will be presented a case study and be about 5/6 pages of info. Think there was 4 or 5 questions in the one I done re completing a file note/memo.

Mine was a hospital. You are going to do the audit and preparing the plan for the audit and what areas you would look at.

There would be issues in it that you would have to recognise and detail these in the plan by way of a memo e.g. one i remem was the sister of a board member had a flower shop contract on site and there were payments from the hospital for flowers. So that might be an area of concern. Think there was an issue re payment of travel again to someone connected to payroll or something like that.

From what i remem its all about spotting potential risk areas and what type of testing you would do on the audit.

This was about 5 years ago maybe so it may be different there now. Hope it helps.

Advertisement