Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trainee Auditor Comptroller General

Options
  • 31-01-2015 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Got called to a Case Study exam next week in Dublin.

If Anyone has done one of these before they might let me know what type of thing I can expect..

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

CoolroeMan wrote: »
    Got called to a Case Study exam next week in Dublin.

If Anyone has done one of these before they might let me know what type of thing I can expect..

Cheers

CoolroeMan can i ask what day you've been called? I got called for Monday but it looks like i won't be able to make it.

Hoping its not the only day they're doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 CoolroeMan

Monday aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Poles

I'm on Monday morning also. I know one other who's up at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

I'm Monday afternoon, would love to know what to expect from the case study

• Registered Users Posts: 38 wemmet

I am on Tuesday afternoon. I rang publicjobs too and they said there is nothing else they can tell me/us about the exam.

Surely it will be accountancy/finance based though or what do you think? Like is there a need to brush up on ratios and formulas etc.? I am a little out of practice so am a little concerned.....

• Advertisement

wemmet wrote: »
    I am on Tuesday afternoon. I rang publicjobs too and they said there is nothing else they can tell me/us about the exam.

Surely it will be accountancy/finance based though or what do you think? Like is there a need to brush up on ratios and formulas etc.? I am a little out of practice so am a little concerned.....

Wouldn´t imagine it will be too taxing but i suppose it wouldn´t hurt to brush up.

What time do the afternoon sessions start?

Mine is at 13.45 on the Tuesday. I am sure if you give them a shout they will let ya swap

Well I was thinking if they are using it as part of the process to trim down numbers it will surely be a little challenging?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Egghead12

Has anyone had any information on what case study may be on? Can't imagine auditing standards been examined. I'm in on Monday afternoon.

Anyone hear how today's tests went then?

Very accountancy/auditing heavy or more just general business?!

How did everyone get on yesterday?

• Advertisement

Well, that was pretty fekkin tough. Well not even THAT tough but just very very tight on time

Well, that was pretty fekkin tough. Well not even THAT tough but just very very tight on time

Looked up at the clock at 14.45 and realised i was still on question 1...queue panic attack.;)

corny wrote: »
    Looked up at the clock at 14.45 and realised i was still on question 1...queue panic attack.;)

Made it to interview. Must have done better than i thought.

Crap - I haven't heard a thing :(

Kinda knew I wouldn't but still....

How did they inform you?

Just checked my publicjobs account and I did indeed get called! I am a happy wemmet again :)

Ive been called for interview too.

They emailed to the public jobs.

Got through also.

I wonder are they interviewing all who did the case study. Hmm

No don't think so. I know two people took the case study but didn't get called for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭billyhead

Got called to the interview aswell. For anyone who did not get an e-mail message just log into the Public Jobs portal and check your messages to verify your results from the case study

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lenny Lushlips

Egghead12 wrote: »
    No don't think so. I know two people took the case study but didn't get called for interview.

Got the call myself.

So some didn't? Thought they might call the lot in. Well commiserations to those who didn't make it to the interview stage this time, and congrats to those who did.

• Advertisement

Has anyone else completed the form yet? It takes a fair amount of time.....

Has anyone else completed the form yet? It takes a fair amount of time.....

Not yet been a bit busy. Had a brief glance through it and i did one like it before. Fairly exhaustive alright.

That is what I thought, same as the one for AO role like

But there is a load more stuff about skills/competencies in it that I didn't see initially :(

That is what I thought, same as the one for AO role like

But there is a load more stuff about skills/competencies in it that I didn't see initially :(

Yes, at the bottom. You have to fill it ALL in. (it says make sure you complete part 2 or something, which is the competencies etc.)

Oh so nearly finished that bloody form....

Oh so nearly finished that bloody form....

lol.

all quiet on the Eastern Front.

Almost too quiet....

Just had my interview, was pretty tough! Wouldn't be feeling too confident :(

Has anyone else had theirs yet?

Had my interview last week.
    It went OK but thought it was tough enough.
    They mentioned we might hear by Friday.

• Advertisement

Given the fact that they are looking to fill 17 places or whatever I am still giving myself some chance but won't be holding my breath. The fella who came out before me looked well rattled, was funny. Sure twas good experience of nothing else!

Advertisement