Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trainee Auditor Comptroller General

Options
24

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny


    Definitely wasn't what i was expecting but the time flew by. Hopefully thats a good sign.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Egghead12


    I have my interview tomorrow. Do we actually need to bring anything. ID or anything


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,843 ✭✭✭billyhead


    Had mine today. Was tough. Wasn't asked for ID or qualifications


  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Lenny Lushlips


    Tough? Like tough how? Mostly 'give examples of abc', or 'what does an auditor do', or rubber baseball bats and a gobstopper?


  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Lenny Lushlips


    wemmet wrote: »
    Given the fact that they are looking to fill 17 places or whatever I am still giving myself some chance but won't be holding my breath. The fella who came out before me looked well rattled, was funny. Sure twas good experience of nothing else!

    Don't supposed they mentioned how many were being interviewed?

    or what marks you got from the case study exam?

    or what the snowboarding facilities are like?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Poles


    wemmet wrote: »
    Given the fact that they are looking to fill 17 places or whatever I am still giving myself some chance but won't be holding my breath. The fella who came out before me looked well rattled, was funny. Sure twas good experience of nothing else!

    Where did you hear about the number of places to be filled?


  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Egghead12


    Wow. That was tough. Not sure if it went well or badly. Time flew though. Said we should hopefully know by the weekend

    they said 17 positions af the case studies with the possibility of forming s panel too


  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Poles


    Didn't hear mention of numbers at the case study.

    Best of luck to everyone anyway.


  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Lenny Lushlips


    Egghead12 wrote: »
    Wow. That was tough. Not sure if it went well or badly. Time flew though. Said we should hopefully know by the weekend

    they said 17 positions af the case studies with the possibility of forming s panel too

    Yup. very tough, and thorough, and tough. Still, means we'll be in the smart side of the pulic service....:)

    Not sure I understand this bit Egghead. " they said 17 positions af the case studies with the possibility of forming s panel too".

    Can you clarify?

    Phew. Still reeling a bit.

    Well best of luck to all who go through. Reckon it'll be an excellent job.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Egghead12


    Yup. very tough, and thorough, and tough. Still, means we'll be in the smart side of the pulic service....:)

    Not sure I understand this bit Egghead. " they said 17 positions af the case studies with the possibility of forming s panel too".

    Can you clarify?

    Phew. Still reeling a bit.

    Well best of luck to all who go through. Reckon it'll be an excellent job.


    The lady said at the case study when somebody asked how many positions were available. She said initially there will be 17 with the possibility of taking on more in the future. I'm in the private sector so not sure how the public works but my trusty friend who works in the CC said usually that means theyll form a panel in the order of merit. Said if you're number 1 on panel. If another position were to become available say in two months time. You'd be offered it.

    Please don't quote ME on this. It's just what ive been told. :)


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson


    Yup. very tough, and thorough, and tough. Still, means we'll be in the smart side of the pulic service....:)

    Meaning the rest of the pulic (sic) service is.....??

    Best of luck, you'll need it with that attitude!


  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Lenny Lushlips


    Egghead12 wrote: »
    The lady said at the case study when somebody asked how many positions were available. She said initially there will be 17 with the possibility of taking on more in the future. I'm in the private sector so not sure how the public works but my trusty friend who works in the CC said usually that means theyll form a panel in the order of merit. Said if you're number 1 on panel. If another position were to become available say in two months time. You'd be offered it.

    Please don't quote ME on this. It's just what ive been told. :)

    Thanks Egghead. Best of luck with it.
    Meaning the rest of the pulic (sic) service is.....??

    Best of luck, you'll need it with that attitude!

    Opps. Sorry, no offense. Just mean these guys are sharp. Definitely the toughest interview I've had.


  • Registered Users Posts: 38 wemmet


    I heard that bit about the 17 places plus panel too.

    And at least we all found it very tough!!! Safety in numbers and all that

    Be great to know once and for all by the weekend


  • Registered Users Posts: 38 wemmet


    Anyone hear anything from anyone yet?!?!


  • Registered Users Posts: 31 TCO


    wemmet wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything from anyone yet?!?!

    Nope. Expecting the email any minute now :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Egghead12


    Nope nothing.


  • Registered Users Posts: 38 wemmet


    Do ya reckon yeah? I would be kinda surprised if we hear today now to be honest. MY guess is that it will be next week but I suppose you never know....


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,843 ✭✭✭billyhead


    Received my result about an hour ago. It was a word attachment send to my e-mail account. I didn't get placed. Not really surprised as I got the impression from the interview they were looking for someone either fully or partially qualified as an accountant.


  • Registered Users Posts: 38 wemmet


    ****, sorry to hear that man. Surprised they called you to interview if they didn't think you had a chance, it is kinda lousy in fact. To be fair though that interview was a great experience, definitely the most full on I have ever had

    I don't think they are gonna get many fully qualified accountants for 31K per annum

    I am only part qualified and that is through my undergrad which gives me 5 exemptions

    Still haven't heard a word my end anyway......


  • Registered Users Posts: 38 wemmet


    Noooooooo, nothing at all........it is a bit of a head f*%k in all fairness!!!!!!!!!!!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny


    billyhead wrote: »
    Received my result about an hour ago. It was a word attachment send to my e-mail account. I didn't get placed. Not really surprised as I got the impression from the interview they were looking for someone either fully or partially qualified as an accountant.
    wemmet wrote: »
    ****, sorry to hear that man. Surprised they called you to interview if they didn't think you had a chance, it is kinda lousy in fact. To be fair though that interview was a great experience, definitely the most full on I have ever had

    I don't think they are gonna get many fully qualified accountants for 31K per annum

    I am only part qualified and that is through my undergrad which gives me 5 exemptions

    Still haven't heard a word my end anyway......

    Rejection letter for me too i'm afraid. I've nine exemptions (the foundation papers) and i got the same impression as billyhead about the interview. Felt their minds were made up about me after the first 5 minutes tbh. Genuinely hope i'm wrong in thinking that so i'll be interested in the feedback.

    Anyway, not to be bitter, best of luck to those still involved.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Poles


    Hard luck to anyone who knows they didn't get through.

    I haven't heard a thing. Hoping that's a good sign.

    Now to try and forget about it until Monday.


  • Registered Users Posts: 38 wemmet


    Hard luck Corny. I am trying to recall how interested in me they seemed and not overly I guess. It was an extremely professional interview, no messing like and not much emotion.

    When it was over though they were pretty much like just get out! Very unceremonious. It was a mad experience really

    As poles says it is now just about sitting tight and waiting I guess


  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Egghead12


    I'm part qualified in that I have completed the professional papers but don't have a days work experience in audit/accounting and they didn't really seem that interested in it either. It was a 1min part of interview so it's very hard to know what they're looking for.

    I still haven't heard anything either so I guess just wait to hear. I would have imagined they'd have told the people who got it first in case anyone turned them down.


  • Registered Users Posts: 38 wemmet


    The waiting game begins again.....


  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Egghead12


    Anyone heard anything.


  • Registered Users Posts: 38 wemmet


    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Nothing yet...

    Although I do reckon the longer it goes on, the better our chances get. Of at least making the panel anyway


  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Egghead12


    That may be true. Although they did say Friday to me.


  • Registered Users Posts: 38 wemmet


    They said they were aiming for Friday but if not, then definitely by Easter to me

    The fact that we don't know one person who has been told they have been successful leads me to believe the people who haven't heard a thing may well be in luck


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Egghead12


    Oh right they never mentioned waster to me. This waiting around craic is no fun


Advertisement