Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in Kiltipper, Dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lindsay6762

Thanks a mill...spoke to the estate agent and he said the same thank god! Excited for july now 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jess4472

I've just bought up in Elder Heath, Type E, move in date in July. Contracts haven't made it out yet, but wanted to check, did anyone change the paint colours to the Type C showhouse, and how much were they quoted? If people don't mind obviously! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Jess4472 wrote:
    I've just bought up in Elder Heath, Type E, move in date in July. Contracts haven't made it out yet, but wanted to check, did anyone change the paint colours to the Type C showhouse, and how much were they quoted? If people don't mind obviously! Thanks

We were given a price of €700-750 to change paint to the type C showhouse colours (grey doors and skirting etc) but that was back in Sept/Oct.
    Judging from some people's experience on the Elder heath community FB page they have increased this price since then.

Estate agent should be able to give you an idea.
    We stuck with the standard paint job in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wopp

sullivk wrote: »
    We were given a price of €700-750 to change paint to the type C showhouse colours (grey doors and skirting etc) but that was back in Sept/Oct.
    Judging from some people's experience on the Elder heath community FB page they have increased this price since then.

Estate agent should be able to give you an idea.
    We stuck with the standard paint job in the end.

You have to get them early! Otherwise to repaint is 2k+

As far as i can tell the walls are almost the same colour so the ~700 really only gives you grey woodwork

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jess4472

Just spoke to the EA there - 750 to get the colour changed, thanks for the quick replies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Dubliner1900

Would this place be suitable for small kids?Or should I consider other parts of Tallaght?

Would this place be suitable for small kids?Or should I consider other parts of Tallaght?

It depends on what you're looking for for the kids. The estate plans show they are planning on building a playground in the estate. Just across the road from the estate there is access to lovely Dublin mountain walks/bohernabreena reservoir/wild berry picking.
    Tallaght town football club and Thomas Davis GAA club just down the road, a couple of primary and secondary schools within easy reach.
    Tallaght leisure centre/swimming pool is a short drive away too, as is Watergate park and playground.
    There are certainly plenty of young children in our small cul de sac from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dubliner1900

Thank you for very helpful reply.Elder Heath is very close to 2 council estates and I feel particularly nervous 😓 about it.Have you witnessed any antisocial behavior?Would this estate be safe for a family with small kids under 5?

Thank you for very helpful reply.Elder Heath is very close to 2 council estates and I feel particularly nervous 😓 about it.Have you witnessed any antisocial behavior?Would this estate be safe for a family with small kids under 5?

I'm sure you'll find that everywhere in Tallaght is close to a council estate. I've lived in Tallaght my whole life and yes, there are elements of anti-social behaviour but no more than you would see anywhere (in both private and council estates, i might add).

I haven't witnessed anything in Elder Heath since moving in and I have a teenager, toddler and expecting my third and we've all been pretty safe so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

sjtf wrote: »
    Yes we are 10 mins from Killinarden, address is Dublin 24. Been living in the area a few weeks, my sis in the area 12 years, it's lovely. There's a snobbery element about certain areas in Dublin. But its a tiny city. No matter where you are there are different social issues. I'm from rathfarnham and my husband is from dundrum. We've never experienced a sense of community like we have since we moved here, the local amenities on the doirstep and the countryside just over the wall... the house and the price. Complete no brainier imho.

Ah Ok so it is in Tallaght.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 sjtf

Ah Ok so it is in Tallaght.

Have you actually visited the site? Yes, Tallaght address. Dublin 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lili88

Type D were released off the plans a few weeks ago. We hope to be in by August/September :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 radiantnash

We are just about to put a booking deposit down on one of the last remaining type D houses. Went up last night to have a look. Estimated time of completion is March next year. Just wondering in terms of floors. It comes with kitchen bathroom wc and ensuite tiled. Then we get the rest done ourselves? Also does anyone know when the type D show house will be ready?

In last phase we had all tiling done in kitchen/bathrooms but the rest was up to us to floor. Think that's pretty much standard for a new build. What are the type D houses like? Is that a new design?

sullivk wrote: »
    In last phase we had all tiling done in kitchen/bathrooms but the rest was up to us to floor. Think that's pretty much standard for a new build. What are the type D houses like? Is that a new design?

It's sort of like the type C, minus the utility room. Also the sitting room door is near the kitchen as opposed to when you come in the front door. I think they are all the differences!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 iUsername

Would anyone who has had issues with their floor sinking be able to advise me (here or by PM) the remedial works involved in having the issue fixed.
    We have the same issue (not in Elder Heath) with the Ballytherm insulation and I'm just looking for some more info/advise from anyone how's gone through the process.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eldo12

Can anyone having flooring issue in elder heath pm me please. I am due to have my floor fixed soon here and have a few questions regarding it thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wopp

Eldo12 wrote: »
    Can anyone having flooring issue in elder heath pm me please. I am due to have my floor fixed soon here and have a few questions regarding it thanks

Sent you a PM there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aoifesummer

Hi I’m hoping someone can please help me we just put our deposit down on our house in elder heath and we happen to be at the back facing onto killinarden which we’re not too happy about(on discovering how close we were weeks later to killinarden) that fence that is up as of now will thy be building a wall to close off the or separate the estates as they are quite close and we don’t want to be too open, the estate agents don’t seem to know the answer and we don’t want to look out our front door everyday to look across the toad and see a huge dirty old railings and the houses of killinarden in front of us. Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Lamar Davis

I heard Whispers That it may be a fence like the one when you come in off Killinarden Heights road onto Elder Heath Green But no harm contacting the SDCC or Cllr Cathal King sits in at Killinarden Community Centre each Thursday at 5pm, He can help you out with your concerns..

• Advertisement

Hi I’m hoping someone can please help me we just put our deposit down on our house in elder heath and we happen to be at the back facing onto killinarden which we’re not too happy about(on discovering how close we were weeks later to killinarden) that fence that is up as of now will thy be building a wall to close off the or separate the estates as they are quite close and we don’t want to be too open, the estate agents don’t seem to know the answer and we don’t want to look out our front door everyday to look across the toad and see a huge dirty old railings and the houses of killinarden in front of us. Thanks a mill

Thanks for your reply.oh no that’s the railings I was on about I’m very nervous now as I love the houses we are c happy with them it’s just we feel we are actually on top of killinarden where our house is based, we asked could we move onto a diff road now nothings available I feel we’re too open there I mean for the money we paid we expected to have privacy in our own estate it feels like we buying in killinarden because is just a dirty fence that’s separating us, plus I already heard of two burglaries in past two weeks up there, how u finding living there?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sjtf

Hi there... so we are living in EH for 18 months now. Our neighbours are absolutely great; we are a solid little community. However we were lied to by the sales agents. We asked specifically was there going to be a thru road to killinarden and they said no, but it turns out as part of the planning application there will be a thru road. It wasn’t just us either, a few of the residents were told the same.
    Since we moved in, a car and 2 motorbikes have been robbed from our road and were found- you guessed it-in killinarden. I have nothing against the many many decent folk there who just want to get on but there is definitely an anti social element that is trying to maximise on the fact we are a new community up here. However, if you get to know your neighbours, talk, be vigilant it helps. Make an alarm a priority and if you can, consider security lIghts and a camera-there are lots of good deals out there. My husband’s bike was robbed and 10 days later they came back for my neighbours, but they didn’t reckon they be spotted and chased which they were.
    As regards the fence- it’s a “boundary issue” that needs to be addressed to the council. We aren’t happy with our fence up here either but we have been told it will be replace soon, so here’s hoping.
    Welcome to the neighbourhood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I bought my house in this area in 2000 from kelland and dng. I wanted an end of terrace and was told if one came up they would let me have it. One did and they never told me. I found out six months later

Also at snagging stage there were outstanding issues and I signed on condition they would be sorted. As soon as I signed, the rep from kelland told me to my face, in front of another purchaser, I was yesterdays news.

I SWEAR IT IS THE TRUTH.

Trust nothing you are told.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 alypally

Thanks for your reply.oh no that’s the railings I was on about I’m very nervous now as I love the houses we are c happy with them it’s just we feel we are actually on top of killinarden where our house is based, we asked could we move onto a diff road now nothings available I feel we’re too open there I mean for the money we paid we expected to have privacy in our own estate it feels like we buying in killinarden because is just a dirty fence that’s separating us, plus I already heard of two burglaries in past two weeks up there, how u finding living there?

Hi Aoifesummer, we are currently looking at a 2 bed in elder heath but as you said it's directly opposite Killinarden and closer to Cushlawn than it is to Ellensborough. We don't like the fence either and wondered if you got an answer on the dividing wall issue? We've 2 small boys and the all the kids in the estate is a real pro for us but we worry about the proximity to Killinarden and Donamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cioban

Hi there,

I'm considering to buy a house in EH and the only 4 that still available the end that is close to Killinarden Heigths, that is my only concern.
    We visited the show house and we loved it but I still concerned about the near areas, however we drove around there and we didn't see anything wrong.

So, sjtf have you heard about any other issues in EH?

Anyone knows if there will be a wall or fence to Killinarden Heigths?

many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Chimo29

HI all, I know this forum is old but I'm currently in the process of buying a house in Elder Heath. My solicitor has recently found out that the developer is still in charge, at his own expense of maintaining the road, path, sewer and water infrastructure in the estate. The plan was always for the council to take these over as with any private estate but this still hasn't happened but may be in the process.

Has anyone any idea of this or what the status of this is? My worry is that should it not happen or keep delaying and the builder keeps having to spend money on maintaining it, if was to go bust etc where would it leave the estate? In all likelihood the transfer to council is probably underway but I'd really like to know if anyone has any more info on this?

Thanks

It's supposed to be handed over soon enough so I believe!

You could email South Dublin County Council to see if it's in the process. I haven't seen kelland up here in a few months so I assume it's in progress by now.

tic@sdublincoco.ie.

This is the department who will oversee the “Taking in Charge” process from Kelland.

The council will make sure they complete everything before they are allowed handover, otherwise it will be on the council to complete.

Advertisement