Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in Kiltipper, Dublin

Options
  • 31-01-2015 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys,
    Im currently in the process of buying a house in the new estate Elder Heath in kiltipper. I was wondering if anybody knows of someone also buying in this estate, as im having awful problems with the land registry not yet being in the builders name, and my bank refusing to guarantee funds until this is processed.
    Anyone any experience in this area?
    Am I the only buyer in Elder Heath with this problem?
    Thanks,
    Clair

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

Hi Clairbear

I'm not buying in Elder Heath, but I know the full launch starts this weekend and that only a limited amount were sold up to this date, so their may not be many others in your position just yet.

What is your solicitor saying on the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 clairbear1

Goldigga wrote: »
    Hi Clairbear

I'm not buying in Elder Heath, but I know the full launch starts this weekend and that only a limited amount were sold up to this date, so their may not be many others in your position just yet.

What is your solicitor saying on the issue?

Hi Goldigga,
    You are right about the launch this weekend. They originally built 6 out of 40 and had a pre launch in oct. Those 6 flew off the shelves and so they sold a further six off the plans ( im currently in the process of buying one). The only problem my bank has had is the land registry and either want it processed b4 closing or the builders to guarantee the bank won't be held liable if for some reason if it is declined in the registry. Registry is not complete but is now in mapping phase ( i dont know how far along that is). The builders solicitors issued me with an ultimatum yesterday to hand over my 10% deposit ( which my solicitor has and says i cant hand over until banks are agreeable) or pull out.. all by mon 2nd. This won't even give the banks a chance to respond to the whole registry now in the mapping phase.
    I just feel like they are so confident they can sell my house to some1 else whose bank will be agreeable, hassle free.
    its all very stressful. and its near impossible to find anyone else buying in elder heath to get advice from or compare!

My solicitor just said it's unfair to ask me to proceed when i don't have the funds guaranteed from the bank yet.
    Clair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭TrishSimon

clairbear1 wrote: »
    Hi Goldigga,
    You are right about the launch this weekend. They originally built 6 out of 40 and had a pre launch in oct. Those 6 flew off the shelves and so they sold a further six off the plans ( im currently in the process of buying one). The only problem my bank has had is the land registry and either want it processed b4 closing or the builders to guarantee the bank won't be held liable if for some reason if it is declined in the registry. Registry is not complete but is now in mapping phase ( i dont know how far along that is). The builders solicitors issued me with an ultimatum yesterday to hand over my 10% deposit ( which my solicitor has and says i cant hand over until banks are agreeable) or pull out.. all by mon 2nd. This won't even give the banks a chance to respond to the whole registry now in the mapping phase.
    I just feel like they are so confident they can sell my house to some1 else whose bank will be agreeable, hassle free.
    its all very stressful. and its near impossible to find anyone else buying in elder heath to get advice from or compare!

My solicitor just said it's unfair to ask me to proceed when i don't have the funds guaranteed from the bank yet.
    Clair

Is that not the estate where the bank are acting like a finance company for the builder maybe that is causing some problems, your solicitor is right maybe take his advice you dont want to be done out of funds.

ClairBear - Do you know how long it will take to get through the mapping phase? How did you get on with their ultimatum this week?

I would imagine this is unusual to be selling houses when the land registry has not yet been processed

Goldigga wrote: »
    ClairBear - Do you know how long it will take to get through the mapping phase? How did you get on with their ultimatum this week?

I would imagine this is unusual to be selling houses when the land registry has not yet been processed

Hi again Goldigga,
    Ive had some good news. The builders solicitors agreed to wait a response from my bank. And surprisingly to me, my bank have agreed to proceed, even though land registry is in the final stage and not yet complete 😊

• Advertisement

Good for you. It's stressful when this sort of stuff happens when you are buying a house.;)

Sending you a PM if you don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

Wasn't there a similar issue with Belmont in Stepaside? That seems to have gotten sorted. There's a thread on this forum but I haven't got time to trawl through it. Check it out to see how it got resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Jeremyr

Thinking of buying there myself , what are you going for 3 bed ?

Jeremyr wrote: »
    Thinking of buying there myself , what are you going for 3 bed ?

Yea Jeremyr... type 3 3bed semi. All going well if course!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lisaderh

clairbear1 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Im currently in the process of buying a house in the new estate Elder Heath in kiltipper. I was wondering if anybody knows of someone also buying in this estate, as im having awful problems with the land registry not yet being in the builders name, and my bank refusing to guarantee funds until this is processed.
    Anyone any experience in this area?
    Am I the only buyer in Elder Heath with this problem?
    Thanks,
    Clair
    Hi Clair,
    Just wondering did everything finalise for you for you sale in elder Heath? We have recently put a deposit down on phase 3 and were wondering what the area is like? Hope you don't mind me asking. Thanks, Lisa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 sjtf

Hi there,

We are also looking at the houses in Elder Heath. I've been up there a few time over the last 3 weeks, we are all mortgage approved just hoping to sell up our current place first. Are you guys having much difficulty? I just want to know what I'm facing because we've already had two sales scuppered and I don't think my sanity can take much more messing! When are you expecting the building to be completed?

SJ

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Has anyone moved into the Elder heath houses yet? How are you finding the estate etc. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

Yes I have moved in and finding it a very nice estate. Nice neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 1 D.cleart

I cannot wait to move back I moved out years ago and always wanted to get back.....just wondering have any of you had any issues? We have been told that our house will be ready in the new yr. but have not had any contact with anyone regarding snagging etc. I have given sparks cable for extras and changed a few things and was wondering if any of you who are living here found it hard to contact builder?

D.cleart wrote:
    I cannot wait to move back I moved out years ago and always wanted to get back.....just wondering have any of you had any issues? We have been told that our house will be ready in the new yr. but have not had any contact with anyone regarding snagging etc. I have given sparks cable for extras and changed a few things and was wondering if any of you who are living here found it hard to contact builder?

We are nearly there, house is ready for snagging as soon as we sign our contracts, hopefully in the next week or so.
    Have you gone for a 3 or 4 bed? What kind of extras/changes have you made? We didn't really get a chance as our house was pretty much built when we put down our deposit so were not in a position to make any changes unfortunately :(
    Most of our communication has been through the estate agent so far, not the builder

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

I have to say the builder is great.

A few things that I found where the windows needed adjusting, the floors needed to be cleaned up.

Some of the drains needed to be unblocked...ie the left some plastic cover in place.

But over all very well finished.

Also one gotcha is check if your solar panels are on as I think they leave them switched off by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wopp

D.cleart wrote: »

I would love to know what you find when the house is snagged, a previous poster mentioned windows, floors being cleaned and drains unblocked.

Is there any more info things you are able to get changed via the builder? We wanted to see would they be willing to install a wooden floor if we gave them a bit extra. Also what are sparks cables? We should be moving in around January/Feburary too so now would be the time to tackle them!

Wopp wrote:
    I would love to know what you find when the house is snagged, a previous poster mentioned windows, floors being cleaned and drains unblocked.

Wopp wrote:
    Is there any more info things you are able to get changed via the builder? We wanted to see would they be willing to install a wooden floor if we gave them a bit extra. Also what are sparks cables? We should be moving in around January/Feburary too so now would be the time to tackle them!

We were hoping to get in lastweek but unfortunately our buyers have held up our sale so it's looking like end of Jan for us now.
    We snagged a few weeks ago. Nothing major on it, mostly cosmetic stuff like a little damage on doors and painting of rear window sills plus refinishing the end of the lead join where the kitchen extension meets the house etc. Tidying up mostly.

Our snagger was very impressed with the house, the energy rating and heating controls. Also he said attic space is built so as to make a conversion very straightforward.

When I spoke to the builder in charge of snagging he said they could recommend the onsite carpenter to lay wooden floors at an extra cost (not sure how much yet). We must provide flooring and underlay though. And it would be done after we get keys as far as I know.

One thing I did notice is that the space in our kitchen where the fridge is to go is quiet small. Only about 175cm high?? Definitely not big enough for us.
    Has anyone reconfigured their kitchen layout? I might just ask them to remove the cabinet above it so we can get something a bit taller. I do think the kitchens are a bit on the small side and we'll have to cram our utility with as much as possible!

We were due to move in in July, but didn't snag til sept and then didn't get keys til end oct... must say-100% worth all the messing! So happy in the house, estate is lovely- quiet despite the in going building work. And to have the builders on site is brilliant, we have had one or two minor things and had tradespeople up within the hour to fix the issue. pat the site manager is a very good guy, always on the other end of the phone.
    When we were moving in we asked about the floor too and we were told not til we got the keys but that there were people they could recommend. If there is on suggestion I could give, if it's not too late ask them not to put skirting boards on if you're getting wooden floors. Saves you having to pull them off and do patch up work afterwards to the paint etc. If it is too late, pay will give you some matching paint though so don't worry about that.
    We have the attic conversion priced- around 10k I believe, beams and supports are ready to go it's all just cosmetic- stairs, windows, plumbing, electric etc. We hope to do it next year. Builders weren't up for doing it for us, something to do with it changing the BER because insulation has to be interfered with for the Windows etc.
    Welcome neighbour! Hope you settle in soon

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Are these houses the ones 10 mins walk from Killinarden ?

I have a friend who's moved back to Dublin and he's looking at these but to me this was always Tallaght?

• Advertisement

Are these houses the ones 10 mins walk from Killinarden ?

I have a friend who's moved back to Dublin and he's looking at these but to me this was always Tallaght?

Yes we are 10 mins from Killinarden, address is Dublin 24. Been living in the area a few weeks, my sis in the area 12 years, it's lovely. There's a snobbery element about certain areas in Dublin. But its a tiny city. No matter where you are there are different social issues. I'm from rathfarnham and my husband is from dundrum. We've never experienced a sense of community like we have since we moved here, the local amenities on the doirstep and the countryside just over the wall... the house and the price. Complete no brainier imho.

sullivk wrote: »
    We were hoping to get in lastweek but unfortunately our buyers have held up our sale so it's looking like end of Jan for us now.
    We snagged a few weeks ago. Nothing major on it, mostly cosmetic stuff like a little damage on doors and painting of rear window sills plus refinishing the end of the lead join where the kitchen extension meets the house etc. Tidying up mostly.

Our snagger was very impressed with the house, the energy rating and heating controls. Also he said attic space is built so as to make a conversion very straightforward.

When I spoke to the builder in charge of snagging he said they could recommend the onsite carpenter to lay wooden floors at an extra cost (not sure how much yet). We must provide flooring and underlay though. And it would be done after we get keys as far as I know.

One thing I did notice is that the space in our kitchen where the fridge is to go is quiet small. Only about 175cm high?? Definitely not big enough for us.
    Has anyone reconfigured their kitchen layout? I might just ask them to remove the cabinet above it so we can get something a bit taller. I do think the kitchens are a bit on the small side and we'll have to cram our utility with as much as possible!

I know what you mean about the fridge, it's a similar problem we are having. Always wanted to get a good sized fridge, may need to look at doing the same and taking out the press above.

Has anyone tried a king size or bigger in the bedroom of the 3 bed?

We went for the three bed ourselves and are having trouble finding a couch configuration that will comfortably fit a 3 seater wide couch in the living room. The one in the show house was two seater and seemed to fit perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hairbandz

We moved in to Elder Heath in October. V happy here so far, quiet, great views and friendly neighbours. Would be nice if there was shop in walking distance, but maybe as the area gets busier.

A super king bed does not fit in master bedroom, a king size without a large frame will fit on the wall its supposed to go on and still be able to open wardrobe doors.

I have a 225cm sofa on the same wall as the show house and it fits very nicely. I was surprised it did so, so well, as I had measured the show house wall. But the radiator pushes you out a bit so you gain a few extra cm. Also you dont want your sofa too tight to the rad, so another cm or two. I haven't checked but I think the dimensions of this house are different from showhouse. I think the hall is shorter, the downstairs loo smaller but the living room wider.

Re snagging, the exterior joining of the kitchen to house was identified by snagger as a problem, some chipped tiles in kitchen, cant remember anything else at the mo.

Trellk - can you advise re window adjustments, I want to go to the builder soon with a couple of other bits and would like to get it all done at once

Can recommend carpenter.

anyone get the name of the paint colours in show houses for some moving in marks. ?
    Looking forward to meeting you all.
    Thanks

Thats so good to hear about the beds! And reassuring about the sofa! Thanks for the update. We will post up our snagging list once we get it too.

Also, there isnt any Facebook group for Elder Heath that I can see yet. It would be good to have one specific to our estate to share any anti social behaviour or estate happenings. I created one to see if it takes off and am happy to hand it over once some form of residence association is established.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ElderHeathKiltipper

I also posted the south Dublin county council planning application links for the Estate. You should be able to get any schematic of your house, garden and road to take measurments etc. It also shows the plan for green areas and a playground for the Estate!

Let me know if its any use! If not, its no worries!

Hi hairbandz,

The 3 bed is painted in aramite ( soft, very pale grey ) but apparently 2 different painters are painting the houses and are using 2 different brands of paint which are slightly different. Pat gave me about 1/2 pot for touch ups, maybe ask him and he can give you some to match your house too?

I have a great carpenter too if necessary, if you need a few quotes just let me know.

One question- we can't figure out hiw to work the timer on the heating/hot water... hasn't been an issue up to now but I've followed the instructions about 20 times now and can't get it right. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 brazilaa

Hi All,

Currently looking into this development.

Is all phases complete or do you know if they are building more?

Thanks

brazilaa wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Currently looking into this development.
    Is all phases complete or do you know if they are building more?
    Thanks

Currently, i think there is one or two houses remaining on the current phase. This is due to be completed early next year as far as I know.

Looking at the South Dublin County Council planning application page. There are future phases approved to some degree.

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/viewdocument.aspx?fileid=320136

However they are very much subject to change/demand etc so until DNG announces we can't be certain. Best bet is to ring them directly?

Hairbandz wrote:
    We moved in to Elder Heath in October. V happy here so far, quiet, great views and friendly neighbours. Would be nice if there was shop in walking distance, but maybe as the area gets busier.

There was a great Spar and a couple of nice takeaways just down the road at the Marlfield complex, opposite the Kiltipper Inn. Unfortunately, it closed recently due to anti-social behaviour in and around the shop. Hopefully they'll get a shop in to fill the unit as it would be handy for popping down for milk etc.

There is a lovely cafe at the Kiltipper Woods Care Centre, good coffee and snacks. The Kiltipper Inn itself serves really nice food and has just recently been refurbished and looks great now.
    The countryside is literally on your doorstep and if you head through the fields behind Ellensborough you will eventually end up at Bohernabreena reservoir... also a great spot for berry picking in the Autumn.

I'm originally from Aylesbury (not far away) and living across the road in Ellensborough the past 7 years, we love the area and have never had any issues thankfully. Really looking forward to getting keys to our new home in Elder Heath!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hairbandz

Stjf
    My husband figured ours out after a bit of button pressing. If you want he can show you, pm me.
    I am mainly using timer for hot water. I find the house so warm that I just use the boost from time to time. Just 2-3 times on the few coldest days so far. Most days I haven't needed to 😀.
    Thanks for paint name too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 mermaid25

The next phase is being released in March as one of our friends is also looking to buy in our estate!

Advertisement