Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in Kiltipper, Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hairbandz

I was thinking again about the heating and one thing that caught us out was the heating on but all rads cold. We realised it was due to the thermostat in living room or master room not being turned up enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wopp

Anybody know if Kelland Homes are registered with the help to buy scheme yet? Being new builds, it would be a huge help to get the tax rebate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hairbandz

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced shower door for ensuite? < mod snip> have a bi fold one for 350e. Seems expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sjtf

Hairbandz wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced shower door for ensuite? <mod snip> have a bi fold one for 350e. Seems expensive.

Hi there! We got ours in <mod snip> -think it was around 250-both our shower doors cost 370... meaning to dm you about the heating- I'm around during the day later in the week- I'll message you then if that's ok??

• Registered Users Posts: 20 phd

So DNG confirmed for me this morning that Kelland Homes are in the process of registering with Revenue for the Help to Buy Scheme. Great news! Can anyone recommend a snagger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 leannebrad88

hi all, we have just moved into the estate last week and are having trouble from Alder Interiors fitting an integrated dishwasher and fridge door. they are looking for €800 to do this. has anybody else done this? or know of anybody else that can do it ? wonder what the doors are called? any help would be amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

hi all, we have just moved into the estate last week and are having trouble from Alder Interiors fitting an integrated dishwasher and fridge door. they are looking for €800 to do this. has anybody else done this? or know of anybody else that can do it ? wonder what the doors are called? any help would be amazing!

Wow, that sounds really steep!!

I have enquired about moving the cabinet and increasing the height of the fridge recess to allow for a taller fridge freezer and that alone is costing €170+

I wonder would they give you the style/colour of the fitted kitchen if you ask them? If not, check inside all your doors/drawer fronts- you might find a label with details on it. Seems like alot of money considering the kitchens aren't particularly fancy or expensive looking, they must charge a hefty labour fee!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 phd

Sorry if this is a very silly question, but in terms of floors is it just the tiled kitchen/bathrooms that are included? We'll have to arrange for the other floors to be done after we get keys with carpets, wooden floors etc?

phd wrote:
    Sorry if this is a very silly question, but in terms of floors is it just the tiled kitchen/bathrooms that are included? We'll have to arrange for the other floors to be done after we get keys with carpets, wooden floors etc?

Yes, just tiled kitchen/dining/bathrooms

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lili88

Would anyone have a price list for the 3 bed houses?
    I would guess the prices will be highered for the upcoming release (prices not yet confirmed) but it would be good to have a comparison

Thanks

• Advertisement

We bought this week last year and starting price was 270 for the double front style and 275 for the other style if I remember correctly... different sites are a bit more depending on whether the are north east facing etc... independent.ie said 2 weeks ago starting price for 3 bed is 290-they had a piece in the property supplement about inflation and new builds in Dublin etc...
    Lili88 wrote: »
    Would anyone have a price list for the 3 bed houses?
    I would guess the prices will be highered for the upcoming release (prices not yet confirmed) but it would be good to have a comparison

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 daragh chelsea

still waiting to move here cannot wait but we have been told that there is a problem with the e.s.b making the pillars live anyone else had this problem?also does anyone have builders phone number? sound in advance

Finally got a snag date and were counting down he days..hope you are finding it great up there

Finally got a snag date and were counting down he days..hope you are finding it great up there

Absolutely love it. Can't wait for the summer it's going to be beautiful with all the trees etc. Hope the snag goes well neighbour.

We are getting keys on Wednesday, so excited! Hope your snag goes well and you're in soon :)

sjtf wrote: »
    Absolutely love it. Can't wait for the summer it's going to be beautiful with all the trees etc. Hope the snag goes well neighbour.
    Same here I drive up there a lot to see how it all looks I drive a white van and just rock up and walk into the house I've bought I think builder thinks I work there 😎😎 I have to admit from someone who is orignally from there and left in 2005 I always wanted to get back the place looks tops....have any of you got to know each other? Hope everyone's cool there..

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

I am not familiar with the area. So can anyone tell me more about the schools around there?

I am not familiar with the area. So can anyone tell me more about the schools around there?

Closest primary school is St. Martin de Porres in Aylesbury. There's a Gaelscoil in Hazelgrove/Killinarden called Scoil Caitlin Maude. Sacred Heart in Cushlawn. St Maelruains in Old Bawn to name a few.
    St. Martin's and Maelruains both have good reputations, the others I'm not sure of.

Nearby secondary schools are KCS in Killinarden, Old Bawn Community School and Firhouse Community School.
    I went to both St. Martin's and Old Bawn secondary, found them great which is why I sent my son to both too. No issues so far thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

Hi folks
    Do any of you commute to town via bus? Have an interest in the next phase of E.H and we were just wondering (1) how long a walk is it from your house to the bus stop and (2) how long is the commute to town roughly?

thanks a mill

Hi there,

We live on the view and it takes around 10-12 mins to walk to the 54a stop beside the Kiltipper cafe. The bus takes an hour to dame street. There are shorter routes though if you walk to old bawn- about 25 mins... 65b and 49, a bit more frequent and quicker. I bus it to work at weekends so my husband can have our car. He bought a moped for getting to town during the week because he starts work before the buses are up and running. Had worked out far more economical, about 10 euro a week incl. insurance and he's in to town in 20 mins. Same coming home in the evening. I'd use the bike but I can't use the stand!!im too weak to put it down.need to start weight lifting... have to say, been in since end October, love it here. ðŸ‘ðŸ»
    Tuhula wrote: »
    Hi folks
    Do any of you commute to town via bus? Have an interest in the next phase of E.H and we were just wondering (1) how long a walk is it from your house to the bus stop and (2) how long is the commute to town roughly?

thanks a mill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

Thanks a mill for reply.
    We were on to DNG and in January they said that they would be releasing about 20 houses in March/April .. yesterday they said that its now the Autumn :(

sjtf wrote: »
    Hi there,

We live on the view and it takes around 10-12 mins to walk to the 54a stop beside the Kiltipper cafe. The bus takes an hour to dame street. There are shorter routes though if you walk to old bawn- about 25 mins... 65b and 49, a bit more frequent and quicker. I bus it to work at weekends so my husband can have our car. He bought a moped for getting to town during the week because he starts work before the buses are up and running. Had worked out far more economical, about 10 euro a week incl. insurance and he's in to town in 20 mins. Same coming home in the evening. I'd use the bike but I can't use the stand!!im too weak to put it down.need to start weight lifting... have to say, been in since end October, love it here. ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭boris george

We did our first snag in Elder Heath Meadow last Monday, have just been told that it was been completed and we are due to go back on Monday to check everything.

Does anybody know what the plans are to finish off the estate, i asked Pat last week and he didn't seem to know where and if fences would be going up. Im talking about at the ends of each cul de sac there is just wire mesh fencing before you get to the the pylons.
    We are at the end of one of the roads and it is just a massive muck pile!

Hi there,

That's a shame alright, but unless you're in a hurry I'd wait- it's only the difference of a few months and you're not going to get a brand new build for that kind of money this close to the city centre...good luck with it either way!
    Tuhula wrote: »
    Thanks a mill for reply.
    We were on to DNG and in January they said that they would be releasing about 20 houses in March/April .. yesterday they said that its now the Autumn :(

We did our first snag in Elder Heath Meadow last Monday, have just been told that it was been completed and we are due to go back on Monday to check everything.

Does anybody know what the plans are to finish off the estate, i asked Pat last week and he didn't seem to know where and if fences would be going up. Im talking about at the ends of each cul de sac there is just wire mesh fencing before you get to the the pylons.
    We are at the end of one of the roads and it is just a massive muck pile!
    We are snagging the 15th did they give any indication as to when you will be getting the keys? Thanks in advance hope snag went well and no problems

We are snagging the 15th did they give any indication as to when you will be getting the keys? Thanks in advance hope snag went well and no problems

Great to hear you got your snag date! Are you on Elder Heath Park? We are down the end and have a snag date wayy later!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭boris george

We are back in this afternoon for final snag. First snag went well with very little internally required.
    Externally is a different matter as there is no landscaping or boundaries in place.
    Once we are happy with the second snag DNG advised they will start preparing closing docs and keys will follow, would imagine another week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lindsay6762

Hi, We have just bought in Elderheath but my solicitor told me there are problems with the floors sinking/moving? Has anybody had any experience with this or any other problems? Thanks

Hi, We have just bought in Elderheath but my solicitor told me there are problems with the floors sinking/moving? Has anybody had any experience with this or any other problems? Thanks

Might be worth asking here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/258655157904668/

Just at the snagging stage ourselves but havnt heard anything.

Hi there, there has been problems with how SOME floors were settling- but not others. We were lucky, ours was identified just after we did the snag and the builder rectified before we moved in. Basically they took up the floor in the affected part and pumped more silt in, it dried or something like that and then they relevelled the floor. It delayed our move 6 weeks but do you know what- I was gutted at the time but happy out now. Our neighbours are having issues but it's not a massive problem-it's less than an inch and the builders have said they will fix it- they just want to give it another few weeks to see if it moves any more.
    Apparently it was something to do with how the silt between the layers of concrete was laid, I'd be surprised if new phases will have that issue seeing as they spotted it in ours and addressed it. Must say,-and I wanted to slap people why said it to me-it takes a good few months for a new build to settle so it's a risk. But you have the builders on site for at least 2 years more, you'll be fine. It's lovely here, very happy.
    Wopp wrote: »
    Might be worth asking here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/258655157904668/

Just at the snagging stage ourselves but havnt heard anything.

• Advertisement

PM Sent

Advertisement