Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

dogcat wrote: »
    3 months ago wasn't Jane moving to Blackrock, Callum never eanting to see her again?

Months ago Ray was a driving instructor !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Doctor Jim goes to up the bar.
    ''Whiskey'' (no please!)
    Orla says ''Ok'' and goes to get him one.
    Anyone else would ask, ''Irish, Scotch, Jameson, Paddy, Johnny Walker, Glenfiddich? What kind of bloody whiskey''?

Nuss Ama to Bob : ''I think Jim is self-medicating''
    Again, anyone else would ask, ''What do you mean?''
    Not Bob...Straight away, ''Are you sure?''

Does everyone in Carrigstown have this sixth sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Has Jane still got €50 thousand?

I think Katie's da can taxi- share now that Katie has her license.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has Jane still got €50 thousand?

Yes she has some of it I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

coolhull wrote: »
    Sean is supposed to be working for Dan.

Stephen went down to the cellar to change a barrel last September and hasn't come up yet ;)

He came up tonight! Good to see he'll fill in for Orla when Jane and Mumbles let her down and Wayne was on the missing list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

I think Katie's da can taxi- share now that Katie has her license.
    She can do all the airport runs, oh wait that's all they do is taking passengers to the airport.

coolhull wrote: »
    Doctor Jim goes to up the bar.
    ''Whiskey'' (no please!)
    Orla says ''Ok'' and goes to get him one.
    Anyone else would ask, ''Irish, Scotch, Jameson, Paddy, Johnny Walker, Glenfiddich? What kind of bloody whiskey''?

Nuss Ama to Bob : ''I think Jim is self-medicating''
    Again, anyone else would ask, ''What do you mean?''
    Not Bob...Straight away, ''Are you sure?''

Does everyone in Carrigstown have this sixth sense?
    They don't do product placement for drink, that's why they can't name any and why they just ask for a pint or whiskey.

They don't do product placement for drink, that's why they can't name any and why they just ask for a pint or whiskey.

Yeah, of course I understand that, but if he had asked for a vodka or gin it wouldn't sound as stupid. He wouldn't have to ask for a brand.

Does Dolly not lose her hair due to kemo ? ..... She has what looks like a really bad haircut at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

It's a bit of a copout if they don't do a bald cap or at least a wig for Dolores - I've unfortunately seen a lot of ladies lose their hair due to having chemo, but I've never seen someone lose hair from only one area of their head, enabling them to camouflage the loss with only a headband... Other than that detail, I think the cancer theme has been fairly sensitively and realistically dealt with so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Jeez that Orla was some drama queen, you'd swear she had bubonic plague instead of a headcold the way she was going on about it.

Also I've never seen a cleaner going with the mop and bucket during surgery hours when the patients are there, not thatDebbie was doing any actual cleaning as per usual.

And 2 patients actually spoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Whenever meeee daaaaa & max/renee are talking in the office (do they ever do any actual work?), the cctv screen always shows a completely empty shop,never a soul to be seen! Then they walk out into the shop & half of Carrigstown is in there!!! Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

MelanieC wrote: »
    Whenever meeee daaaaa & max/renee are talking in the office (do they ever do any actual work?), the cctv screen always shows a completely empty shop,never a soul to be seen! Then they walk out into the shop & half of Carrigstown is in there!!! Lol!

Hardly surprising given the fact that they use the office as a staff canteen and a bedroom for Max. Surely there must be a small living room with a kitchenette in that flat over the shop?

One small thing that really annoys me about the shop is that there's never as much as one item out of place or out of stock. Everything is always faced out perfectly and there's always plenty of everything. I've worked in a similar type of shop for 8+ years and as much as you would try to have everything looking well all the time, it generally doesn't happen for various reasons. Not to mention only having one till in the entire shop. Oh, I could go on for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,686 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I'm debating whether to change mumbles to sniffles. Anyone else notice how much he does it? Poll?

Niamh is insufferable. Dumps the guy because of the kids yet still asking Paul about taking ruuuthhieee. Still living in that dingey flat as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Jeez that Orla was some drama queen, you'd swear she had bubonic plague instead of a headcold the way she was going on about it.

Also I've never seen a cleaner going with the mop and bucket during surgery hours when the patients are there, not thatDebbie was doing any actual cleaning as per usual.

But Orla has a baby! The world must bow down to her.

So they'll have to get paid more.
    There goes the budget for next week's show :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

So tonight Max is to throw a spanner in the works to Farrah's plans to start a family. So maybe he doesn't want to become a daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

Orla must have walked 10 miles to the pharmacy and back the way she was bitching. For a street with 2 pubs and 2 restaurants and a very busy shop they might want to build a pharmacy there especially when they have their own doctors surgery as well,

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Orla must have walked 10 miles to the pharmacy and back the way she was bitching. For a street with 2 pubs and 2 restaurants and a very busy shop they might want to build a pharmacy there especially when they have their own doctors surgery as well,

The way Carrigstown is set up, it looks like a village main street in Dublin, so you'd expect to see a pharmacy bang in the middle of it. One other thing that is noticeably absent is a betting shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Combine that with Kerri-Anne requiring Decco to drive her out to the pharmacy for Dolores. The demand for a pharmacy in Carrigstown is skyrocketing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Jikashi wrote: »
    Combine that with Kerri-Anne requiring Decco to drive her out to the pharmacy for Dolores. The demand for a pharmacy in Carrigstown is skyrocketing

That was for a late opening pharmacy though, the suggestion being that the more local pharmacy was closed for the day, if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

walshb wrote: »
    I'm debating whether to change mumbles to sniffles. Anyone else notice how much he does it? Poll?

Niamh is insufferable. Dumps the guy because of the kids yet still asking Paul about taking ruuuthhieee. Still living in that dingey flat as well?

Noticed it myself last night! He's also a heavy breather! Very offputting :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Katie passes her driving test and expects to get a job as a driver immediately. Did no one tell her that she has to drive around like this for the next 2 years

N_plates_2.JPG

Have Jane and Robbie ever meet yet?

Now there would be a lethally damn good couple

• Registered Users Posts: 54,686 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Did Yvonne leave?

Where is Nicola? Gone?

walshb wrote: »
    Did Yvonne leave?

Where is Nicola? Gone?

Yes both gone, Nicola anywhere but Mallow Cork :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes both gone, Nicola anywhere but Mallow Cork :p
    Yvonne's real life father is from Mallow maybe she could give Nicola some tips on how to sneak in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Art Deko

Long time lurker. :-) First time poster :-) Luv this thread.

Anybody else think that it's kind of ironic that Bobs brother in real life plays the part of a doctor and the actor playing the part of Bobs brother is also playing the part of a doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VickieVexed

Art Deko wrote: »
    Long time lurker. :-) First time poster :-) Luv this thread.

Anybody else think that it's kind of ironic that Bobs brother in real life plays the part of a doctor and the actor playing the part of Bobs brother is also playing the part of a doctor.

Welcome, pull up a chair and enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement