Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

  • 30-01-2015 10:43am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭


    Time to start a new Fair City thread :)

    Please familiarise yourself with the charter before posting:


    Soap Opera Charter - *** November 20th, 2013 ***


    The Rules:

    There should be no spam, trolling or any general muppetry. (Any of this will result in posts being edited/deleted)

    Try to be friendly & courteous to each other. If things get out of hand, offenders will be banned. (Any Abuse or Racism will not be tolerated)

    Commercial advertising is not permitted. (Contact the Admins if you wish to place ads on the site)

    Before starting a new thread, please check see if there is already a similar thread existing. (Duplicate threads will be removed)

    Any "off topic" posts will be edited, closed or deleted without warning.
    Remember, not everyone may have seen a TV show.

    If you are giving away plot points, please use the spoiler tag.
    To do this, put (spoiler) (/spoiler) around the text. (replace the () brackets with [] brackets.)

    It will then look like this:
    This is a spoiler

    Don't ask where you can download TV shows or give any links to them. In fact try to stay away from discussion of downloading altogether.

    Charter Update - January 14th, 2013

    There have been several reported posts lately of lewd comments on this forum. Nobody wants to read crap about "what you'd do" to to a character of the opposite sex (or similar sexual comments). It's crass and childish. Lewd comments will earn a one week ban from this point forward.


    Charter Update - October 4th, 2013

    Please don't make demeaning comments about the appearance of actors that appear in your favourite soaps (saying things like they're ugly, flat chested etc.).

    It's not funny or clever, and will earn you a one week ban from this forum from this point forward.

    Charter Update - October 31st, 2013

    It is against the charter to drag the Fair City thread off topic conversation/Stephen Jokes.

    Any repeat offenders of these rules, will be banned.


    Charter Update - January 24th, 2015.

    Only moderators are authorised to post details of card/infractions/bans in this forum. If posters engage in this practice they will incur a one week ban.

    All the usual Boards.ie rules also apply.

    If there are any queries/problems, you can send a PM to one of the forum mods.


    Old Fair City Threads

    Fair City v4

    Fair City v3

    Fair City v2

    Fair City v1


«134567347

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 54,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb


    Here's the 1st post on new thread! Why is Dan so angry? Apart from being paralyzed, of course. Is it because none of his blood relatives have visited him yet?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83


    walshb wrote: »
    Here's the 1st post on new thread! Why is Dan so angry? Apart from being paralyzed, of course. Is it because none of his blood relatives have visited him yet?

    Oil slick moved him after the explosion and it's highly possible this caused him to be paralyzed.


  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull


    walshb wrote: »
    Here's the 1st post on new thread! Why is Dan so angry? Apart from being paralyzed, of course. Is it because none of his blood relatives have visited him yet?

    Don't you just love that 'new thread' smell?
    Dan's physiotherapist is surprisingly vocal. Does that mean we'll be seeing more of her? Will she become a regular and fall in love (or 'have feelings for') one of the cast? Cass is free!
    Mind you, the only physio she's done so far is to lift up one of Dan's legs, once.
    Is this why she spent years studying ?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer


    Dan looks very flexible for a man that's paralysed. He puts on a face like a spoiled child in every scene, he's overacting his scenes.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC


    coolhull wrote: »
    Don't you just love that 'new thread' smell?
    Dan's physiotherapist is surprisingly vocal. Does that mean we'll be seeing more of her? Will she become a regular and fall in love (or 'have feelings for') one of the cast? Cass is free!
    Mind you, the only physio she's done so far is to lift up one of Dan's legs, once.
    Is this why she spent years studying ?

    I give it a week before Dan declares his love for her.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush


    MelanieC wrote: »
    I give it a week before Dan declares his love for her.
    I give it a week til Dan's back walking


  • Registered Users Posts: 54,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb


    Same sh1t, different thread!:pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 54,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb


    Seeing as Max confessed recently to a story we thought was gone, any chance that Greaseball and Callum ever bump into each other again, and maybe Greaeball confesses to the garage robbery?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83


    I can see Sean getting it on with "Me Daaaa"


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc


    STIG83 wrote: »
    I can see Sean getting it on with "Me Daaaa"

    Called it months ago (although possibly not on thread!), wouldn't they make a thoroughly awful couple :pac:


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer


    STIG83 wrote: »
    I can see Sean getting it on with "Me Daaaa"
    Never knew Sean was gay :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 84,638 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1


    walshb wrote: »
    Seeing as Max confessed recently to a story we thought was gone, any chance that Greaseball and Callum ever bump into each other again, and maybe Greaeball confesses to the garage robbery?


    Have Robbie and Jane met yet?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭xMallx


    I LOL'd recently when Renée said Farrah was very upset because it was her first christmas without Christy, She hadn't spend christmas with him since about 1998.


  • Registered Users Posts: 84,638 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1


    Originally Posted by MrsD007
    So.... I'm thinking that Bob had an affair with his brother's wife and the GP's son is really Bob's son

    And Renee to get with Bob's brother


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom


    MelanieC wrote: »
    I give it a week before Dan declares his love for her.

    And the physiotherapist declares her love for Robbie........


  • Registered Users Posts: 54,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb


    You'd think that Phil's mother would have at least popped in to see Dan, even if it was just to say ha ha ha!


  • Registered Users Posts: 84,638 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1


    walshb wrote: »
    You'd think that Phil's mother would have at least popped in to see Dan, even if it was just to say ha ha ha!



    Or his own family or friends, he a "local" after all


  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull


    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Or his own family or friends, he a "local" after all

    Or even Sean, who's supposed to be working with him
    Though Sean probably would end up calling the Guards, and accusing Dan of being in possession of wobbly lips.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2


    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Originally Posted by MrsD007

    And Renee to get with Bob's brother

    Bob would be shocked!


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor


    new dr is in town a week and he just meets his brother


  • Advertisement
  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    walshb wrote: »
    You'd think that Phil's mother would have at least popped in to see Dan, even if it was just to say ha ha ha!

    See why aren't Fair City Boardies writing for the Soap

    Also new thread Wooooooooooooooooooooo :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea


    Wow a new thread! Nice :)

    Love Bobs 'isn't it always about a woman' comment...He does get some great lines on the show. Must be written into his contract or something???? :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom


    Wow a new thread! Nice :)

    Love Bobs 'isn't it always about a woman' comment...He does get some great lines on the show. Must be written into his contract or something???? :)

    It's a ridiculous storyline, as is usual for Fairly Shitty, but I hope Owen Roe stays in it for a while. He might teach the rest of them how to act properly (apart from Bryan Murray).


  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts


    It's a ridiculous storyline, as is usual for Fairly Shitty, but I hope Owen Roe stays in it for a while. He might teach the rest of them how to act properly (apart from Bryan Murray).

    Bryan "whisper every word he says under his breath" Murray is a good actor and a wasted talent lately in fairness. This new story with his brother could be a decent story arc if the writers were any good. But i imagine they will make a solid balls of it as usual.

    Shur isnt grumpy Dan in the bed worth the license fee alone. And what with the love quadrangle brewin with physio wan, shur that will make great viewin altogether.

    Did the Paul Brennan household die or what? No sign of that crowd lately. No harm i suppose.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer


    It's a ridiculous storyline, as is usual for Fairly Shitty, but I hope Owen Roe stays in it for a while. He might teach the rest of them how to act properly (apart from Bryan Murray).

    The big problem with fair city story lines is that the writers start a story without any idea how they'll finish it, then it gets dragged on and on and comes to a ridiculous conclusion the majority of the time.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC


    wilddarts wrote: »
    Bryan "whisper every word he says under his breath" Murray is a good actor and a wasted talent lately in fairness. This new story with his brother could be a decent story arc if the writers were any good. But i imagine they will make a solid balls of it as usual.

    Shur isnt grumpy Dan in the bed worth the license fee alone. And what with the love quadrangle brewin with physio wan, shur that will make great viewin altogether.

    Did the Paul Brennan household die or what? No sign of that crowd lately. No harm i suppose.

    They're busy taking down the Christmas decorations at long last. Although I wouldn't even be surprised if the next time we see them (March? July?) those cards are still hanging over the cooker. Pristine as ever of course.


  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull


    The big problem with fair city story lines is that the writers start a story without any idea how they'll finish it, then it gets dragged on and on and comes to a ridiculous conclusion the majority of the time.

    What usually happens is that Bob and the doctor brother will be at loggerheads for a week or two, then some character in the show will say to Bob, "Brothers shouldn't fight," or something profound like that. Bob will stare off into the distance for a few seconds. Then the ad break, and when it returns, the brothers will have made up and booked tickets for the opera.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace


    walshb wrote: »
    You'd think that Phil's mother would have at least popped in to see Dan, even if it was just to say ha ha ha!

    I keep picturing this :D.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace


    coolhull wrote: »
    What usually happens is that Bob and the doctor brother will be at loggerheads for a week or two, then some character in the show will say to Bob, "Brothers shouldn't fight," or something profound like that. Bob will stare off into the distance for a few seconds. Then the ad break, and when it returns, the brothers will have made up and booked tickets for the opera.

    Stop, don't be giving away all your best ideas to the scriptwriters :D.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb


    LynnGrace wrote: »
    I keep picturing this :D.

    Bad to the bone you are!


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement