Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S5 lollipop update issue

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

What baseband version are you on?
    chocksaway wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and carried out a factory reset. Phone was being crucified with the camera daemon. Reset fixed it for a couple of days but now its back!
    This has my head wrecked!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

dfdream wrote: »
    Ive an upgrade to S6 on the way..

Hope its not plagued with these issues...

:eek: hope it works out for you .il never take the chance again.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Have updated lots of phones several times in the past but this was the worst..
    Its the problem with providers filtering updates to the phones.
    You are dependant on them to deploy fixes post updates.

At least Apple refused to let the providers dictate that, it also meant providers didn't fill your iPhone with their rubbish. Android should do the same...

If iPhone had widgets by default Id jump ship in a heartbeat.
    :eek: hope it works out for you .il never take the chance again.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

What baseband version are you on?

its G900FXXU1BOB7

If you've only just factory reset, try BOC7. You'll have to use ODIN to load it if your carrier hasn't released it yet.

• Advertisement

Is that a jailbreak ?
    Basically will it be seen as a standard update install or as a backdoor install.
    My phone is a company one and the security settings on the phone shuts phone if its jailbroken...
    If you've only just factory reset, try BOC7. You'll have to use ODIN to load it if your carrier hasn't released it yet.

No, you're not jailbreaking the phone. That's the apple equivalent of "rooting" your android phone. This process won't root your phone. It's only replacing the system software with a (normally) newer version.

There's always a small risk involved. And as it's your work phone - I wouldn't recommend it :P
    Is that a jailbreak ?
    Basically will it be seen as a standard update install or as a backdoor install.
    My phone is a company one and the security settings on the phone shuts phone if its jailbroken...

Another update popped up this evening. Base is BOD3. That's three updates in a matter of weeks.

EDIT: Looks like it was released on the 09 Apr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I factory resetted the whole thing yesterday. I only kept small things like contacts, pictures and pointless shyte like that. Every other thing is gone and my phone is workin better than ever. Are there any apps or updates I should avoid so the battery draining/ battery overheating problem won't come back?

UPDATE -

Thought my S5 was working great. No battery drain, overheating or crashes until 3 or 4 people told me that they tried several times to ring me and got nothing. Not even a dial tone.

I tried a few times from land line and the same issue.
    I even had trouble making calls.

Have switched to an iPhone waiting for s6.
    If I wanted to use ODIN to load updates on s5 what is the latest version that would work for Vodafone Ireland...

List here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

UPDATE -

Thought my S5 was working great. No battery drain, overheating or crashes until 3 or 4 people told me that they tried several times to ring me and got nothing. Not even a dial tone.

I tried a few times from land line and the same issue.
    I even had trouble making calls.

Have switched to an iPhone waiting for s6.
    If I wanted to use ODIN to load updates on s5 what is the latest version that would work for Vodafone Ireland...

List here
    Download from here
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G900F/

@dfdream UK (BTU) ...BOD3

Thanks lad.
    That's installed now.
    Will see how it goes.

Been using iPhone 5s for a few days and in the main I preferred android but a few things I liked especially with the mail app.

The swipe left and right actions for delete, mark read etc.
    And that when you delete an email it goes to the next one not back to the list.
    Plus the actions in the email app work faster. lots of spinning (for a few seconds) between each option in the s5...

BOD3 going really well. Why cant Vodafone Ireland just release it...
    Phone couldn't be going better in the last 4 days.
    Excellent battery life, faster than ever and no crashes...
    Didn't do a reset, just installed update with Odin3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

BOD3 going really well. Why cant Vodafone Ireland just release it...
    Phone couldn't be going better in the last 4 days.
    Excellent battery life, faster than ever and no crashes...
    Didn't do a reset, just installed update with Odin3.

Can you provide a link? My other half has this and her battery life is beyond pathetic, constantly having to reboot due to the daemon bug too. She's on emobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ron87

Same here im on emobile, if i download the uk (btu) bod 3 will my phone work as normal? As im currently bob7, which im sure is under meteor irl. I suppose what im asking is will it effect calls,messages and data etc.? Forgive me if thats a stupid question

All I did was download a BOD3 firmware from here.

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-G900F

I could be wrong but don't think these are firmwares specific for a particular provider...
    They are more so stock (I could be wrong).

All I did was install update with Odin3 and it worked.
    Didn't look for a Vodafone or even Ireland specific firmware.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Wow those downloads are painfully slow.

I have a question ?
    Im updating a phone for a friend (Galaxy S5 Plus (SM-G901F) to lollipop.
    On Samsung firmware download sites there are several versions with the countries listed.

Are there different firmwares for different regions or countries with the same version or is there only one firmware for each version worldwide.

Do I have to get an Irleand version of the firmware or will a UK or Nordic version do.

Do I have to stick with a phone manufacturer version. (Vodafone)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

i can confirm that now i am on BOD3 and it is faster and better than before (BOB7).When i had BOB7 it was too laggy and have crashes. With the update i dont get any more errors and a much more stable update.

• Advertisement

BOE5 released in the last few days. Just got an OTA notification on my S5. Anyone update yet? Any problems?

Stay away from the BOE5 if you can. Draining my battery like there's no tomorrow. Getting less than 24 hours.

I am going to go back to BOD3.

Advertisement