Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S5 lollipop update issue

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭badge1123

chewed wrote: »
    Settings > Battery

Doesn't seem to be there on my s5. Battery is still ****e since update though

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

mine and my girlfriend's s5 has just developed this qcamera daemon over the last couple of days following the lollipop update. so far i've deleted viber, instagram and cleared the partition cache, to no avail.

Anyone any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ Factory reset?

yeah looks like i'm going to have to do it.. hope it works! fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

chocksaway wrote:
    yeah looks like i'm going to have to do it.. hope it works! fingers crossed

it eventually disappeared from my phone after a few restarts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭brucefan

Hi, Ive had a problem with the lockscreen clock not keeping the right time since I got lollipop update from emobile. Dont have a watch so use phone to keep track of time and have been caught out a few times by the clock not updating! Ive tried taking out battery but still not working right. Does anyone know how to remove the clock from the lockscreen if the problem cant be fixed? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

I was having the same issue after upgrade...my phone completely locked on me on Sat morning when i was out and i had to remove thebattery to get it restarted. once i did this the battery seems to have gone back to the same kind of performance i got before.

Ended up doing a factory reset! I've noticed an improvement in battery in less than 24 hours. Definitely worth doing.

Ended up doing a factory reset! I've noticed an improvement in battery in less than 24 hours. Definitely worth doing.

Scratch that! Even after a factory reset my qcamera battery drain issue is back again. It's such a pain in the @ss!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 suekehoe80

Has anyone had any success with this qcamera daemon? I've done the factory reset, it disappeared for a few days & now back yet again..Driving me nuts..Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Had another upgrade this morning and the mute button is back to the way it used to be.

suekehoe80 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any success with this qcamera daemon? I've done the factory reset, it disappeared for a few days & now back yet again..Driving me nuts..Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

I had Skype and Flickr installed after I did my reset and the qcamera issue was back. I then uninstalled them and restarted the phone a few times. It's since disappeared, so I assume it's either of these apps that are the culprits.

I'm still amazed that this issue hasn't been resolved!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 suekehoe80

I had Skype and Flickr installed after I did my reset and the qcamera issue was back. I then uninstalled them and restarted the phone a few times. It's since disappeared, so I assume it's either of these apps that are the culprits.

I'm still amazed that this issue hasn't been resolved!

Yea I don't understand why it hasn't..I have never had either app downloaded on phone..Did factory reset but it's back again..Did an update today but still no joy in it disappearing...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

suekehoe80 wrote: »
    Yea I don't understand why it hasn't..I have never had either app downloaded on phone..Did factory reset but it's back again..Did an update today but still no joy in it disappearing...

Having the problem with the battery draining like all have said above. Cameradeamon drained the battery fully in 5 hours this morning while phone was not even being used.

Have since wiped cache partition while also manually wiping the cache of all apps using the camera and force closing. The run time on the cameradeamon has stopped at 5hrs 31mins and hasn't started again as of now. Will monitor it over the next few hours and see if battery drain starts again.

My q camera battery drain eventually disappeared after a few phone resets. Hasn't appeared again. I uninstalled Flickr and Skype and haven't put them back on again, so I'm assuming either of these are the culprits.

I'm now getting sick and tired of battery drain issues on my S5! It seems to be worse since the Lollipop update. First it was qcamera (had to do a factory reset), then it was Chrome, then TuneIn radio (had to uninstall it), and now Chrome again is draining the battery. I seem to be constantly checking the Battery settings and fixing things to keep my phone alive! Seriously considering getting an iPhone again!

Anyone else have issues with Chrome draining the battery? I used to be able to uninstall it, but now it's part of the OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Its driving me nuts too.
    The charger is now my best friend..
    Like lots of things about lollipop but my phone is now a constant hot water bottle in my pocket alot of the time now and thats just not on...

Think I might try an iphone next as the S6 looks to have same issues.....

I can see the % dropping every few minutes using the phone.. Its a disgrace...

Its bad enough waiting for Google or Samsung fix issues but by the time Vodafone rolls them out you have months of having issues....
    I'm now getting sick and tired of battery drain issues on my S5! It seems to be worse since the Lollipop update. First it was qcamera (had to do a factory reset), then it was Chrome, then TuneIn radio (had to uninstall it), and now Chrome again is draining the battery. I seem to be constantly checking the Battery settings and fixing things to keep my phone alive! Seriously considering getting an iPhone again!

Anyone else have issues with Chrome draining the battery? I used to be able to uninstall it, but now it's part of the OS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I bit the bullet and did a full factory reset.

I was on Lollipop ending BOA before I did the reset. Made sure to check for updates before the reset and there were none.
    Factory reset and next thing I had two large system updates (300MB+ each), after final update ended on version BOC.

Took a few hours to reload and restore all apps and data but as always the phone is flying along. But for how long :(

Btw, the BOC update has added back in silent mode. Thank jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

So far I'm not really digging the update. My sound is gone to crap after the update. Ok with the earphones in but take them out and it's barely audible even at full volume.

It's also annoying that the settings option doesn't seem to be accessible when hitting the menu key.

The issue with Chrome seems to be the latest update. I've uninstalled the update and now it's disappeared from the Battery.

The latest battery drain issue with my phone is now Cell Standby, which is currently 52%! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

The issue with Chrome seems to be the latest update. I've uninstalled the update and now it's disappeared from the Battery.

The latest battery drain issue with my phone is now Cell Standby, which is currently 52%! :mad:

As a matter of interest, how is your battery drain when the phone is in safe mode - for say 8-10 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

Interesting that people are now having different issues with the battery. For myself, 'NFC Service' is now the culprit. And the thing is, I can't turn it off in the settings (button is grey, and won't let me turn it off). Anyone know why this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hi guys,

I'm with emobile, and installed the new OS today after getting a notification over the weekend.

Phone (Galaxy S4) is now rebooting over and over, staying on for only 6 or 7 seconds ata time.

Have tried wiping cache and no joy.

Please dont tell me i have to do a factory reset.....

I'm noticing lots of little changes going on. I don't know if it was the factory reset or going from lollipop BOA to BOC. (I'm on eMobile).

Silent mode is back, sound is better, widgets seem to work as they should.

Battery life so far is ~8hrs and 80% left. Screen on just over an hour. Usage wise, it included a bit of everything really - browsing, email, deezer, youtube etc. I left NFC, WiFi and Bluetooth on to see how they were on battery life.

So thus far, I'm happy enough.

EDIT: Doing the factory reset was a pain in the nuts but it seems to have fixed up most of the issues I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Hate my s5 since I had to factory reset it. This is my 3rd samsung and defo my last. Apple here I come. Can't believe I'm saying that.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

I bit the bullet and did a full factory reset.

I was on Lollipop ending BOA before I did the reset. Made sure to check for updates before the reset and there were none.
    Factory reset and next thing I had two large system updates (300MB+ each), after final update ended on version BOC.

Took a few hours to reload and restore all apps and data but as always the phone is flying along. But for how long :(

Btw, the BOC update has added back in silent mode. Thank jaysus.

I did the same yesterday after reading your post and prayed and begged for an update after the reset, but alas, it wasn't to be :(

Going to have to find this firmware version you ended up on and flash via odin id say.

Wish me luck :)

Looking on sammobile.com, looks like the latest listed for all the Irish carriers is BOB7. Mines from eMobile and it's definitely BOC7 (G900FXXU1BOC7)

However you can get the UK (BTU) version, which is showing BOC7 available.

Best of luck. Don't forget to wipe cache and factory reset again after upgrading.

I did the same yesterday after reading your post and prayed and begged for an update after the reset, but alas, it wasn't to be :(

Going to have to find this firmware version you ended up on and flash via odin id say.

Wish me luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

I upgraded mine to Blisspop latest rom.
    I find it great so far(only did it yesterday)

Bit the bullet and carried out a factory reset. Phone was being crucified with the camera daemon. Reset fixed it for a couple of days but now its back!
    This has my head wrecked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Ive an upgrade to S6 on the way..

Hope its not plagued with these issues...

Advertisement