Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread : Irish Wolfhounds V England Saxons Friday 30th Jan 2015

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Wang King wrote: »
    Earls has not had the same time out of the game as Fitz, at no point has Earls career been in doubt due to injury

When has anyone close to Ireland or Leinster said Fitzgeralds career was in doubt? Wouldn't mind reading them, I'd like to find out what was actually wrong with him.
    It seemed to be mostly people with no more knowledge than the average man speculating. SOB also was going to be retiring according to some.
    Might be over the top saying theyre as bad but the idea that he's lost an edge or whatever as a result is nonsense considering Earls is just back from 5 months out. If that was the case he wouldn't have been the most consistent back on the island since November.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Wang King wrote: »
    Earls has not had the same time out of the game as Fitz, at no point has Earls career been in doubt due to injury

I don't know, since the start of 2010-11 Fitz has played a lot more games for Leinster than Earls has for Munster

Bridge93 wrote: »
    When has anyone close to Ireland or Leinster said Fitzgeralds career was in doubt? Wouldn't mind reading them, I'd like to find out what was actually wrong with him.
    It seemed to be mostly people with no more knowledge than the average man speculating. SOB also was going to be retiring according to some.
    Might be over the top saying theyre as bad but the idea that he's lost an edge or whatever as a result is nonsense considering Earls is just back from 5 months out. If that was the case he wouldn't have been the most consistent back on the island since November.

Fitz himself has been quoted as saying he thought his career was over several times at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Bridge93 wrote: »

I'm not involved in any way with whatever it is being argued right now, but Fitzgerald himself said he was worried his career was in doubt.
    Speaking to TV3 this afternoon, Fitzgerald admitted, 'I did (fear for my future) actually. I felt there was no escaping it really. The guys were unbelievably patient with me. There were a couple of times when I just walked out and said 'I can't, I can't do this. I've done months of rehab and I still feel like I'm going nowhere.
    “Matty has been fantastic,” he said. “It’s been a tricky time for him with injuries and he has been really patient with me.

“There were times when I said to him, ‘Listen, I can’t come back in here, I’m banging my head against the wall and I’m going nowhere’.”

Advertisement