Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotherham victim says abusers are 'untouchable'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Really, people saying they couldnt go after peadophiles because people might say they are racist? That has to be the worst excuse I have ever heard. They would have loved to help the girls but no, they might have been called a name. How could they ever manage?

Yes, it's also one of the worst excuses I've ever heard.

It's also true. Read the reports, it's all there. Political correctness was a major factor in delaying justice in this case. It is also a major factor in allowing the continuation of this abuse.

political correctness had and has nothing to do with this. its simple self preservation and an uncaring attitude to the children. political correctness/fear of being branded racist is just an excuse, an excuse that doesn't wash with me. the authorities and the rest only care about themselves and coming out of this squeeky clean

Inane dribbling.

Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

DeadHand wrote: »
    Yes, it's also one of the worst excuses I've ever heard.

It's also true. Read the reports, it's all there. Political correctness was a major factor in delaying justice in this case. It is also a major factor in allowing the continuation of this abuse.

Fear of political correctness was the problem. They assumed if they dared say anything about it the PC brigade would be at their throats.

If they actually did something and the PC brigade turned up harassing them then it still wouldnt have been a good enough excuse to stop.

They went full circle with their paranoia

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

bull. those who commit crime should be criticised. not criticising a group for the sake of criticising a group doesn't make you politicaly correct (as that doesn't exist anyway)

The facts surrounding this case would prove otherwise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

To be honest this kind of thing is why I started to avoid these threads. They became a place where unless you are giving out about the liberal PC homoerotic agenda you cant actually discuss anything.

Really, people saying they couldnt go after peadophiles because people might say they are racist? That has to be the worst excuse I have ever heard. They would have loved to help the girls but no, they might have been called a name. How could they ever manage?

Again, look at the facts surrounding the case where an independent report made reference to the fear being seen as racist and where people were sent to sensitivity training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

jank wrote: »
    Again, look at the facts surrounding the case where an independent report made reference to the fear being seen as racist and where people were sent to sensitivity training.

And the fact that it is still happening.

Fear of political correctness was the problem. They assumed if they dared say anything about it the PC brigade would be at their throats.

If they actually did something and the PC brigade turned up harassing them then it still wouldnt have been a good enough excuse to stop.

They went full circle with their paranoia

Read the report.

Those in authority who brought up this rape and torture were immediately silenced and forced to attend "diversity" courses.

A father who attempted to rescue his daughter from a Muslim rape gang was promptly arrested.

People actually did do something and the authorities turned up to harass them.

Political correctness wasn't just feared it was active in all it's cowardly, dishonest glory.

They became a place where unless you are giving out about the liberal PC homoerotic agenda you cant actually discuss anything

What in Christ's name are you talking about?

A clear "liberal" (that is liberty for all but the children being raped), PC agenda in the authorities and media is at play in the ongoing Rotherham mass rape.

"Homoerotic" is entirely of your own invention and I've no idea why you've spouted that out.

You do realise that the type of cultural and religious beliefs that inspire Muslim men to defile and exploit working class, white girls would also inspire them to hang homosexual men from lampposts if only they were as easy and silent a target?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

What in Christ's name are you talking about?

A clear "liberal" (that is liberty for all but the children being raped), PC agenda in the authorities and media is at play in the ongoing Rotherham mass rape.

"Homoerotic" is entirely of your own invention and I've no idea why you've spouted that out.

You do realise that the type of cultural and religious beliefs that inspire Muslim men to defile and exploit working class, white girls would also inspire them to hang homosexual men from lampposts if only they were as easy and silent a target?

Good to see we're avoiding sweeping generalisations. Do carry on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Like any of you really give a sh1te about the welfare of the girls of Northern England's underclass...

• Advertisement

sabat wrote: »
    Like any of you really give a sh1te about the welfare of the girls of Northern England's underclass...

I know for a fact not enough in authority in Northern England do.

So, you can see into our hearts and souls can you?

How many posters swing into threads about the abuses of the Catholic Church in Ireland screaming; "Like any of you give a sh1te about the welfare of the children of Ireland's underclass..."

An excremental contribution.

Nodin wrote: »
    Good to see we're avoiding sweeping generalisations. Do carry on.

In this case, which the thread is about, the men were Muslim.

Good to see you're still making snarky comments without offering any opinion or anything substantive. Do carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

It may surprise you to know, but there are people that can look at this incident and ask themselves a very simple question: could it happen here?

Do we have people up their own backsides with political correctness?
    Do we have an a gutless and fawning attitude to immigration?
    Do we critically assess the impact of "multiculturalism" and ghettoisation in working class areas or do we paper over the cracks "celebrating diversity" and pushing patronising anti racism propoganda?

There are hundreds of lessons we could learn here without ever meeting a victim from Rotherham and all of us, even you, might save children from being raped by not cheering on the kind of conditions and environment that fostered it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Inane dribbling.

Again.
    no . i'm afraid "ja pc brigade stopped us from going after ja gangs" is nonsense. it was simple incompetents and self preservation. if one really cares then they will go after the gangs and tell people to shove their divercity courses up their arse and take whatever comes

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

thats the sad reality unfortunately. these certain individuals are very brasen to use these poor kids to further their agenda on here. its disgusting

thats the sad reality unfortunately. these certain individuals are very brasen to use these poor kids to further their agenda on here. its disgusting

Anything wrong with an agenda that stops children being raped?

Of course, you are a Sinn Fein supporter, so I guess your views are fluid on the issue.

reprise wrote: »
    Anything wrong with an agenda that stops children being raped?

absolutely not, but i don't believe that is the agenda for the setting up of this thread.
    Of course, you are a Sinn Fein supporter, so I guess your views are fluid on the issue.

whats that got to do with the thread

absolutely not, but i don't believe that is the agenda for the setting up of this thread.

What was the agenda?

Do you not think orchestrated child rape is alarming enough? Do you think the issue should be censored? Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Below is a summary of the findings from the independent report. The supposed fear of being labelled racist was one factor, yes, but there were many other issues which led to the abuse continuing. Fact is, if those girls were considered worthy then it would have been stopped long ago. Some people seem to want to ignore all the other things and make it all about political correctness to push their own agendas.

-Poor leadership from senior managers in child protection services and elected members, and a lack of communication between the two on the issue of child sexual exploitation
    -A perceived ‘lack of interest’ in, and understanding of, grooming as a model of child abuse amongst senior managers in child protection services and elected members
    -Failings within organisational culture and processes, which meant victims were not heard or believed, and that the concerns of frontline workers were not acknowledged or acted upon at the most senior levels
    -The perception that a ‘macho and bullying’ culture existed in the Council up until 2009, and that this dampened the ability for child sexual exploitation to be properly discussed
    -Artificial ‘professional barriers’ and also ‘professional jealousies’ between organisations which prevented effective action
    -Denial that such events could happen in Rotherham, concerns around reputational risk and a perception that issues of ethnicity in child sexual exploitation were ‘played down’ by senior managers in child protection services and elected members
    -A series of reports commissioned and available to both the Council and the Police – flagging up serious concerns around the scale and nature of child sexual exploitation in Rotherham – do not appear to have been used effectively to influence the strategic or operational response of either organisation.

These failings amounted to a series of missed opportunities to understand the scale of child sexual exploitation, dating back to 2002.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Below is a summary of the findings from the independent report. The supposed fear of being labelled racist was one factor, yes, but there were many other issues which led to the abuse continuing. Fact is, if those girls were considered worthy then it would have been stopped long ago. Some people seem to want to ignore all the other things and make it all about political correctness to push their own agendas.

And some people want it to be anything but, to push theirs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

And some people want it to be anything but, to push theirs.

What agenda is that? The one that would like to see all organised abuse be stopped? The report itself lists many factors that led to the failure of the system. I've yet to see some posters even acknowledge that. Those same factors have allowed abuse to continue elsewhere unchecked, but that abuse wasn't perpetrated by Muslims so it doesn't seem to be a problem.

All over the UK, abuse victims have been ignored while their abusers are seemingly protected. That is the issue here as far as I'm concerned, not political correctness. It's convenient for those who helped to cover up the abuse that in this case they could use that as an excuse. What's the excuse for all the other occasions?

What was the agenda?

i believe the agenda is to have another have a go at the muslims thread by the usual suspects
    Do you not think orchestrated child rape is alarming enough?

absolutely.
    Do you think the issue should be censored?

no, nor should it be used to further questionable agendas

If the report is accurate (weird that now the authorities' word is gospel) then where are the arrests? Where are the hundreds of arrests there and elsewhere in similar rings. If it's a cultural thing then why aren't the Asian rings across England being decimated now that they "don't have to worry about being PC"?
    The PC thing is a convenient excuse.

i believe the agenda is to have another have a go at the muslims thread by the usual suspects

Did it ever occur to you that it was this kind of attitude that led to children being raped?

If the report is accurate (weird that now the authorities' word is gospel) then where are the arrests? Where are the hundreds of arrests there and elsewhere in similar rings. If it's a cultural thing then why aren't the Asian rings across England being decimated now that they "don't have to worry about being PC"?
    The PC thing is a convenient excuse.

You are not alone in asking.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-week/leading-article/9299602/rotten-borough/

Did it ever occur to you that it was this kind of attitude that led to children being raped?
    no, because it wasn't.

no, because it wasn't.

Sorry me old Sinn Fein, it really was.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

Ah this old chestnut, cant refute the points losing the arguement? Just cry racism to shut down the conversation

jimboblep wrote: »
    Ah this old chestnut, cant refute the points losing the arguement? Just cry racism to shut down the conversation
    no such thing as "crying racism" . i don't want the discussion shut down. but i do not like seeing these kids and what they went through being used to further a potentially questionable agenda by people who have form in using events to further their questionable views on things.

• Advertisement

Sorry me old Sinn Fein, it really was.

it wasn't. it was incompetents and self preservation and caring about reputations over children. disgusting stuff either way

Advertisement