Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi ladies, I'm due October 13th and am really feeling exhausted! It's my first so I don't necessarily have any reason not to spend the weekend afternoons lying on the couch but feel really guilty not being more productive. Is anyone else suffering from a serious lack of get-up-&-go????

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭nono2012

Hey Amandal,

Congrats and welcome :) That was my biggest annoyance as well, I just could not get over the tiredness as I am a very active and fit person and I was just fit for nothing. I am stil that way but not as bad, I am 9 wks Wednesday and due a day after you... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

My symptoms have eased since I hit 9 weeks. I'm not floored with the tiredness anymore. I haven't really felt nauseous for about a week.

I'm not really sure if that's a good or bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Got my appt for scan 24th April and of course I'm away on hols that week! So annoyed and they'd prefer to see me the week after that rather than week before. Feck it anyway!
    I'll be 11 weeks goin on hols so have decided that I'm gonna tell people next week. Fed up keeping it a secret. Both my doctor and my mam don't believe in keepin quiet for the first 12 weeks. GP is South African and he said its a real irish thing. He said "if you miscarry, you miscarry and that would be very sad and you would grieve for your loss but why is miscarriage such a secretive, taboo subject in Ireland?"
    I feel so well this week and my mam says she can see a different look to me so may as we'll start tellin people and enjoyin it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 maggi

Hey girls, great to ready all yere stories! I feel so much more normal now! ðŸ˜Â႒ I'm 8 weeks tomorrow & absolutely shattered!! No amount of sleep is enough 😉
    We're telling our mums this weekend, can't wait!! Got tiny baby grows made up saying "Happy Mothers Day Nan" & "Happy Mothers Day Granny" to break the news!! They are going to LOVE them, 1st grandchild on both sides!! 😀😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks girls, glad to hear im not the only one exhausted but hopefully I perk up soon 😊 looking forward to the 12 week mark, feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief once I get to that. Had a miscarriage last year so really don't want to go through that again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tinymomma

Hi ladies, I had an early scan 04/03/15 at 8 weeks and everything looked perfect, so exciting to see the heartbeat! Cannot wait until the 12 week mark, I feel like I'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief if I make it to that. I had a miscarriage last year so hoping and praying I don't have to go through that again. Hospital said I don't have to come back again until week 20? Surely il get another scan before then? Waiting for my registration pack to come out. I'm due 13th October, it's our first and we're really excited/nervous ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

12 then 20 week is standard, then I had 26 week, then 32 (no scan at this) next is 36, with gp in between. I actually had a scan at 16 weeks too but this isn't standard.

Hi Ladies, so the first app I had, was "for bloods" at 7 1/2 weeks but turned out to be a scan so my partner was not there as I was told it was bloods. Then I had another appointment yesterday 9 weeks this time it was bloods and a scan again. I asked them for a 12 week scan as they had misinformed me both times telling me it was just bloods as nothing would show in the scan and I was told I would have to wait until 20 weeks.. Is this normal?? I am so disappointed that my partner is missing all these scans when I am being told its just bloods and there is no need to bring him! This is our first and he is missing out because I am not being told the correct information. On a positive note there is a strong heartbeat so thank God everything is ok..

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

God nono, that is very annoying, your partner really is missing out. Do you have anymore "bloods" appointment? Might be worth his while going along. I know you shouldnt have to do this but if they aren't going to scan you till 20 weeks then you could get a private scan. I know it's not ideal, they should have told you. Did they scan you for any specific reason or did they do it as part of normal procedure? Sorry I can't be more help, it's my first too, I'm sure someone here will shed more light on it. Oh and great that the heartbeat is so strong x

• Advertisement

Thanks Orlyice :) No I am perfectly healthy. I guess I shouldn't complain really it would be worse if they were doing nothing at all, the fact they are being over efficient is a good thing. I just feel so bad for him missing it all. I know its only a little dot in the monitor but at least he could hear it as well..

Thanks Orlyice :) No I am perfectly healthy. I guess I shouldn't complain really it would be worse if they were doing nothing at all, the fact they are being over efficient is a good thing. I just feel so bad for him missing it all. I know its only a little dot in the monitor but at least he could hear it as well.. The first scan the lady doing it said You are very early, and the Doc the other day said he was doing it for his own peace of mind? ..

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Jeez Nono that's bad form. Of course you want your partner there, it's such a big deal and only something you can both share really. Next time you are going, he is going too, end of.
    On my first I had a doctor visit after I got a positive, then 12 week scan and next scan was 20 weeks. When I visited my doc in between we heard the heartbeat on a Doppler.
    I think if you can afford it, you should look into a private scan. At 20 weeks baby is much bigger and you are
    Only seeing bits. Where as 12 weeks you can see so much more

I spoke to my Doctor and said that I shouldn't have been sent for those scans at 7 1/2 weeks and 9 weeks, and I politely reminded her that the appointment came from her office. She said that she would try and get an scan for me at 12 week as is the norm. Anyway hope everyone else is doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bingwhoosh

Hi ladies, I'm very sad to say that things haven't worked out this time. I'm doing okay and trying to be practical about it (sometimes not so easy).
    I want to wish you all healthy and happy pregnancies and will probably keep an eye on this thread and see how ye are all getting on..xx

Aw Bingwhoosh, I am sorry to hear that and here is me banging on about having too many scans.. God like.. I need to cop on.. Are u ok? xx

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bingwhoosh

Yeah I'm not too bad emotionally, it started last weekend so at this stage I've kinda got my head around it, just physically I am completely drained. I have a 17 month old at home so she makes me see the good in each day and you have to get up and smile and keep going for her sake. To be honest if I didn't have her I don't know what I'd be like.
    Don't be silly about your scans, I can understand your frustations on that.xx

You have a great attitude Bingwhoosh, and hopefully things will work out again for you.. x

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

So sorry to hear that Bingwhoosh, glad your little one at home is keeping you more positive. You sound like you are handling it fantastically. x

Oh bingwoosh so sorry to hear that. Look after yourself x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

Sorry to hear your news.

I have been fairly worried the last 2 weeks. During an unsuccessful pregnancy last year, I had a bit of trouble between 8 and 10 weeks which was diagnosed as a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks appointment.

But all that worry lifted when I heard my baby's heartbeat on Friday night using the angelsounds doppler at home, at 10 weeks + 2 days.

I was so happy I bought the doppler as it really has made me chill out. I might actually start to enjoy this pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rith

This is my first baby. I got a letter this morning to make an appointment with the hospital. I'm going public in cavan. I rang up and they said I'll have a scan around 12 weeks ( I'm nine weeks now) and my first appointment will be around 16 weeks. I feel like that's kind of late for a first appointment but as it's my first I don't know. Also I had blood tests at gp at seven weeks but nurse said I'll get the results at next appointment but I don't have any gp appointments lined up and the secretary in hospital said I don't need to go to gp before the 16 week appointment so I don't know what happens with those blood tests. It's really unnerving on your first just waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MsGrumpy

Hi Rith, every hospital is different when to comes to scans and appointments. I will be having my scan and medical history done in Limerick at 11+6, the following week ill have my bloods done in Ennis.

As for your blood tests with the gp, I've never had them done with my gp and this is my second pregnancy. I'm sure if you give them a call they will give you the results.

thanks, Yeh I think I'll call gp and check results. Ive a private scan booked for 11 +6 too as we have a family party that weekend and I want to tell people,but I want to have a scan first. I'm counting the days till then, think I'll feel reassured when I see the baby

Hi ladies, just back from my 12 week scan. All is looking good thank god, just one in there. Good strong heartbeat. Did lose a week,my due date has been changed to the 6t. going to announce it properly at weekend. The relief is unreal! Going for a celebratory pizza with hubbie and then back to the healthy eating tomorrow!

congrats Orlyice, that's great news... :) delighted for you, I am 10 weeks today and have 2 scans with 2 strong heart beats in both so we have started to tell family and close friends, please God everything will keep going strong from here on it.. O that's great news I am delighted :)

Congratulations orlyice, great news, I would say the relief is amazing. Enjoy the pizza x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Just back from our first scan. In and out in 20 mins. Was very impressed.
    Tiny little figure on the screen with the heart pumping away goodo. I'm exactly 10 weeks and from today on I'll be telling people. Was very afraid before this because I was feeling so well with very dew symptoms.gonna enjoy every minute from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 supersiren

Hi all joining in today was afraid to before but just back from our first scan this evening..so unreal and exciting. I'm 9 weeks tomorro was hoping a couple of weeks later so we could tell a few people but another little while to wait. Due date 23rd October. Everything looked good thank god..perfect heartbeat and we even got a little movement!! Can't stop looking at the scan picture and seeing the little person that's inside of me😄 good luck to all x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

Hi guys, I'm going public with Holles Street. Got my letter in the post and was advised to call and book first scan. Gave me a date at the end of June! Miles away. Can I just pay for a scan beforehand? 8 weeks now, but would really like to check everything okay.

Advertisement