Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. It's nice to have somewhere to go to chat about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. It's nice to have somewhere to go to chat about it

Thinking of you Typer Monkey. Fingers and toes crossed that everything goes well xx

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bingwhoosh

That's tough Typer Monkey. Hope everything turns out ok. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I'll be thinkin of you all week Typer Monkey. I'm no good at knowing what to say to comfort people but please please god all will work out for you. Xxx

The only people who know about my pregnancy so far are my husband and mother. I'm just feeling too well and have no tell tale pregnancy signs so am very nervous.
    I know that sounds silly bt waiting until 20week scan, as public patients usually have to, seems like an eternity. I'm going to Dubai when I will be 11 weeks and am seriously considering paying for a private scan just for peace of mind when telling people. My mam tells me not to be silly as she was 3months before she even went to the GP for any of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hawii50

Hi Heldel00
    Do you not get a scan at 12 weeks? If you don't get one before 20 weeks you should definitely get a private scan for peace of mind! I don't think they are very expensive, usually around €100 but it might mean you could head off on your holidays more assured.

• Advertisement

Went to gp last Monday but it was a locum that was there (seeing him forge GP signature on the blue referral form didn't exactly fill me with confidence!)
    He said he was unfamiliar with process when I questioned about scan at 12 weeks. Not unwell so don't need another trip to GP but maybe I could ring hospital and ask them? What unit would I even ask for? (Such a newbie!)

heldel00 wrote: »
    Went to gp last Monday but it was a locum that was there (seeing him forge GP signature on the blue referral form didn't exactly fill me with confidence!)
    He said he was unfamiliar with process when I questioned about scan at 12 weeks. Not unwell so don't need another trip to GP but maybe I could ring hospital and ask them? What unit would I even ask for? (Such a newbie!)

Which hospital are you planning on going to? I am going to attend Holles street, so just popped it into google and then logged onto the website and clicked on the options from there.

Hope this is of some help :)

Cavan general. Hoping for the midwifery led unit. Sure I'll give them a ring and see if it's possible to have scan before I go away.
    Another question? Some people were mentioning getting bloods done. Should I push for this too?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

heldel00 wrote:
    Cavan general. Hoping for the midwifery led unit. Sure I'll give them a ring and see if it's possible to have scan before I go away. Another question? Some people were mentioning getting bloods done. Should I push for this too?

just jumping in here from march thread, i'm attending cavan, my first appointment with them was when I was 14wks and had a scan at that one, I was with the midwife unit, there was a bit of confusion when the form from my gp was sent in and I got a consultant appt for around 10wks but like you i wanted mlu so rang them myself and explained and they were able to give me the appt for mlu (took a while to be posted out but it came)!
    about the bloods they'l do them on your first appointment, my gp never did any because she said they are repeated in the hospital!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

I got my bloods done by my gp because the line was very faint on the doctors pregnancy test- despite getting 4 definite positives from first response and clear blue, so she had my levels checked using blood test. Wouldn't have been checked if I had a strong line using her test.

• Advertisement

I dont know how i feel, if i am upset or annoyed?

Before leaving work today, a male colleague (who is very nice in fairness) said to me,
    "How are you or should i say how are you both?"

I said sorry i dont quite understand. He said
    "The baby!"

At this stage i could feel myself burning up as i couldnt believe what was been said to me.

Then he proceeded to ask when the due date was. Now, before i knew it, i had answered "October", but asked him how he knew as i hadnt told a single person.

He remarked how another colleague had mentioned it to him.

I told him to please keep it quite as i had told noone at all and i walked away.

Im raging. I dont want people in work knowing yet, i will only be 8 weeks friday. I fear now that management will find out sooner than planned and the promotion i am going for will be in jeopardy now. Raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭SurferRosa

That's mental cruais :/
    Is there anyone in your office that somehow put 2&2 together and started spreading the gossip?
    It's so unprofessional and even outside of work it's rude to mention pregnancy to someone who hasn't announced it yet ( well when not showing at least)
    You may end up having to tell manager now anyway before they get it second hand - how annoying...

Thats really annoying cruais and more annoying to hear people have been talking about it. Was he embarassed when he saw your reaction? Hopefully he will keep it to himself as he may not have realised he shouldnt be talking about it. I sort of have a similar situation at work as I was on a work trip a few weeks ago and didnt drink and everyone made a big deal about it and told my boss and now he keeps making digs about it! I feel like I am being watched like a hawk now to see if a bump starts to appear and like you Im hoping to go for a promotion in the next few weeks but have a feeling now that it is pointless!

hawii50 wrote: »
    Thats really annoying cruais and more annoying to hear people have been talking about it. Was he embarassed when he saw your reaction? Hopefully he will keep it to himself as he may not have realised he shouldnt be talking about it. I sort of have a similar situation at work as I was on a work trip a few weeks ago and didnt drink and everyone made a big deal about it and told my boss and now he keeps making digs about it! I feel like I am being watched like a hawk now to see if a bump starts to appear and like you Im hoping to go for a promotion in the next few weeks but have a feeling now that it is pointless!

I don't know what to make of it all. Im so shocked at the unprofessional nature of it....
    fuming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

cruais wrote: »
    I don't know what to make of it all. Im so shocked at the unprofessional nature of it....
    fuming

This is kinda in a similar unprofessional colleague vain but slightly different, still angering me nearly a week later though. I'm nearly 32 weeks now, I met a colleague of my husband's in town, I was on a day off from work and trying to get jobs done, not too easy with painful swollen hands. This colleague asked how I'm getting on (after touching my stomach because of course I'm public property now) and when I (actually quite cheerily, in a chatty way) said that my swollen hands were difficult to deal with, clumsy but luckily not too painful, I was told some clichés about how it's "all worth it" blah blah.

The next day at work this colleague told my husband, in front of more staff, that they don't think I'm ready for this baby :eek: What the HELL has it got to do with them, who are they to speculate on someone they barely know, and how dare they say that in front of other people who know me?? I'm so mad, I won't be letting this go!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

Ladies, I am appalled. Have people no cop on. It's absolutely none of their business. Cruais, I can't believe he actually said it to you. Oh I don't know, why do people not respect an expectant mothers right to privacy, especially in the workplace. Out of order!

What is wrong with people!!

orlyice wrote: »
    Ladies, I am appalled. Have people no cop on. It's absolutely none of their business. Cruais, I can't believe he actually said it to you. Oh I don't know, why do people not respect an expectant mothers right to privacy, especially in the workplace. Out of order!

What is wrong with people!!

I was telling my mum yesterday as i was fuming and she thought it was so unprofessional.

I am in work this morning sitting at my desk and i think i am suffering from paranoia. I just feel people are talking about me!

I havent even had my first dr appointment yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Cruais, Would he, or a friend of his be going for the same promotion.......

Cruais, Would he, or a friend of his be going for the same promotion.......

No. Its in a total different department that he isnt apart of so im really puzzled like

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

How's everyone so far? Girls, I really need to ask you's if your hormones have kicked in yet and making you act a tiny bit mental?? Holy Moly, I'd a terrible time this morn when I needed to ask my OH something but couldn't get through. I actually felt like texting him telling him I hate him!! Thank God I didn't and I've calmed down. I'm starting to scare myself though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

This is kinda in a similar unprofessional colleague vain but slightly different, still angering me nearly a week later though. I'm nearly 32 weeks now, I met a colleague of my husband's in town, I was on a day off from work and trying to get jobs done, not too easy with painful swollen hands. This colleague asked how I'm getting on (after touching my stomach because of course I'm public property now) and when I (actually quite cheerily, in a chatty way) said that my swollen hands were difficult to deal with, clumsy but luckily not too painful, I was told some clichés about how it's "all worth it" blah blah.

The next day at work this colleague told my husband, in front of more staff, that they don't think I'm ready for this baby :eek: What the HELL has it got to do with them, who are they to speculate on someone they barely know, and how dare they say that in front of other people who know me?? I'm so mad, I won't be letting this go!

OMG, I hope your husband gave her a piece of his mind, how dare she! And who is ever "ready" for this?? Does she have kids? Is she some kind of gaia earth mother whose sole purpose on this planet is to reproduce? Eff off lady.

Also Cruais, that is so unprofessional of him, he has no business saying it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Dobbit wrote: »
    OMG, I hope your husband gave her a piece of his mind, how dare she! And who is ever "ready" for this?? Does she have kids? Is she some kind of gaia earth mother whose sole purpose on this planet is to reproduce? Eff off lady.

Also Cruais, that is so unprofessional of him, he has no business saying it to you.

Dobbit, you absolutely hit the nail on the head there, that's exactly it. She has actually stated that she had no purpose in life other than having her child :P He ignored her, he's much more controlled than I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Dobbit, you absolutely hit the nail on the head there, that's exactly it. She has actually stated that she had purpose in life other than having her child :P He ignored her, he's much more controlled than I am!

Ugh, I have no problem with people who feel like that but when they think everyone should, it's so annoying. As much as I'm sure I'll love my kid, I was my own person before and I will be after.

My FIL introduced my husband to a friend as "a soon to be father" the other day and he was furious about it. Like forget all the other things he's achieved in life, he's going to be a dad so that's all that defines him now. Won the nobel prize? Who cares, you're a parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MsGrumpy

So after waiting 3 weeks for an appointment for the hospital, I rang them only to find out that they never received the gp referral form.I've to go back to the gp tomorrow to find out whether they sent it or not. So frustrating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

I had an early scan last week. great news, everything we could see looks very average! Seeing the heart beating was a totally thrilling experience.

How frustrating MsGrumpy! I hope it doesn't take too long for you to get an appointment now!

Thats great Entropy7, very reassuring to know everything is as it should be!

Is anyone else feeling the effects of morning sickness at this stage? I feel really sick after I eat and really sick if I don't eat, trying to get a bit of a balance but nothing is really working for me at the moment. The fact that I can smell everything so strongly now doesn't help at all and Im constantly nauseous, hopefully it will pass soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hawii50 - I had the same problem, the trick is to eat small, regular meals to ensure that your stomach is never empty (which makes you feel even more queasy). Nuts (specifically almonds) are a lifesaver for getting rid of the nausea, and are packed full of protein. Avoid hot, greasy or highly pungent foods- cold, plain foods are much easier to stomach. Although warm white rice with salt (and any salty foods, really) tend to make me feel much better. Stock up on rice cakes, crackers, toast and raw carrots- they're ideal for days you can't keep anything down.

Best of luck, I feel your pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Just popping in to say goodbye and I hope everyone has a happy and healthy pregnancy and birth. I started bleeding on Friday so I knew what the result of the second scan today was going to be. It's sad and disappointing but I'm feeling ok. This one just wasn't to be.

I'm booked in for an erpc on Wednesday which was my choice.. Not looking forward to that as its done under General anaesthetic which I haven't reacted well to in the past but I'm just eager to have it over with asap and get back to normal.

Take care everyone and good luck to all x

That's very tough Typer Monkey. Thinking of you and your partner. Thank you for coming back and telling us because you have been on my mind all week.
    All the best for the future xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Sorry to hear that TyperMonkey. Very disheartening. Hope you and your partner will give each other the support you's need. Wishing you the best for the future.

Advertisement