Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staffie dog hogtied and cooked alive over a fire at The Curragh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Stinicker wrote: »
    A disgraceful thing to happen, clearly the person who did this is a dangerous type of individual, a very unfortunate way for the dog to meet its end. However I think all Staffordshire's and PitBull's should be destroyed, but by humane means. They are a dangerous type of dog and my own father had an incident once by a Staffordshire belonging to tenants of my late Grandmother back in the mid 1990's, he knew the dog was dangerous and went to talk to the tenants about it but he took a stick and when the dog came charging to attack he literally cracked the stick off the dog before scrambling to safety inside the car, before he could even reach the house as the dog was roaming free.

The next door neighbors of the rented house had previously complained that they were afraid for their children's safety with that dog so that evening after the attempted attack the Staffordshire dog was dispatched cleanly by rifle. Naturally my grandmothers tenants went stone mad but they were told to like it or lump it, the went to the Gardai but the local Garda sided with our neighbours and us that it was better to kill the dog before it had a chance to maul a child or worse. My grandmother evicted them shortly after the dog incident.

What a charming story! The dog was 'dispatched cleanly by a rifle'. Because that was quite obviously the only way to deal with the situation.:rolleyes:

Seems to me people who own guns in this country look for any opportunity to shoot at animals but saying that is dragging this thread further off topic than it already is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

K4t wrote: »
    You have admitted that you value the life of your dog over the life of a stranger. And you have also said that you would save your dog rather than a stranger in a life and death situation, however improbable the chances of such a situation arising.

My point is, If you can hold that belief and act out that belief in a situation such as the lifeboat scenario, then what is stopping everybody else in the world from having the same belief? What if I valued my cat who I love over the life of a stranger, and everyone else got pets and did the same? You now have a situation where pets are now the accepted equivalent of human life, your view has become widespread. Everybody in the world cares for their dog's life more than the life of a stranger. And that stranger cares for his dog's life more than your life. It's not only you now who values your dog's life more than a stranger's. Everybody holds the same view in relation to their pets. What is stopping whoever is in charge or authority from deciding that your dog's life is more valuable than yours, ordering you off the lifeboat and allowing your dog to remain on it? What's the big deal? Pets and Humans hold the same value to everyone, and somebody had to make a choice. Pets, women and children get priority over men..

Is this your MO? Contrarily and continously reapeating the same point without answering questions, concocting fanstasy scenarios without actually referencing what the person you are talking to is saying?

I'm not interested in anyone else's order of priority. Sincerely I think you're extrapolating a highly absurd scenarion for the sake of a completely academic argument.

I'll say it again, practically and pragmatically speaking your absurd scenario is never going to be put to the test.

I challenge you to come up with a scenario, not some weird sweeping statement about priorities where man or the fabric of some imaginary global society is put in jeopardy by me caring more about my blessed barking machine more than you. A decision which is becoming easier by the minute I might add.

Seriously, one real, tangible, concrete scenario. Go for it, me and the mutt here are all ears...

I do promise that i will be extra careful on boats with hamster passengers on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Lau2976 wrote: »
    Someone else's grief isn't my issue, it sounds harsh but it's reality. My family come first but if it's a stranger it will always be my dog without hesitation.

Your opening sentence is one of the most sinister things I have read on boards.If you truely stand behind that post you have lost all credibility like most physcopaths you seem lacking in empathy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Your opening sentence is one of the most sinister things I have read on boards.If you truely stand behind that post you have lost all credibility like most physcopaths you seem lacking in empathy

It's actually the complete opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

How is it "sinister"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭fits

eviltwin wrote: »
    I hope you never have to put that to the test. I've lost loved ones, human and animal, as hard as it is to lose your pet it's a lot harder to lose a friend or a child.
    Those who contend otherwise are young and/or have never lost someone close to them. They will learn.
    smash wrote: »
    I don't know. I hate animal cruelty but the story just stinks of sensationalist journalism. If his organs had cooked, slowly or not, he wouldn't have been found alive at all.

The original story from KWWSPCA says:

There's a lot of connecting the dots there!

Then there's the previous story from when he was first found:
    Absolutely. Its the journal's version of clickbait. The story is spurious at best but hey, it attracts attention so who cares?

How is it "sinister"?

someone's else's grief isn't my problem the cornerstone of any physcopaths thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

someone's else's grief isn't my problem the cornerstone of any physcopaths thinking

psychopathy and sociopathy aren't mutually exclusive. maybe you're mixing them up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

sup_dude wrote: »
    The thread isn't talking about chickens, or pigs or anything else. The thread is about a dog who was tortured. Why do you insist on taking away from that? Start another thread about chicks.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055853138

I obviously meant that their grief isn't my problem above my own. :eek: I'm not a sociopathic killer ignoring how people feel but we get one chance at life, I don't plan on spending it threading on eggshells and being so selfless that I would let something I love die to save someone else the pain that I would be putting myself through.

• Advertisement

fits wrote: »
    Those who contend otherwise are young and/or have never lost someone close to them. They will learn.

I find this rather condescending. I'm 24, I would choose my dog over prhers and I've lost more then one close person in my life, including my sister who was my best friend. It's horrible. And there's always that twinge at birthdays or Hannuka when she isn't there but that doesn't affect the grief I would feel for my dog. She's a living creature who has touched my life too.

I obviously meant that their grief isn't my problem above my own. :eek: I'm not a sociopathic killer ignoring how people feel but we get one chance at life, I don't plan on spending it threading on eggshells and being so selfless that I would let something I love die to save someone else the pain that I would be putting myself through.
    I had loads of Dogs and cats growing up I was extremely upset when they died however its not the same type of grief as when a human dies. A mother losing a son is not the same as a dog drowning in a river. Have you ever had a close family member die?

I had loads of Dogs and cats growing up I was extremely upset when they died however its not the same type of grief as when a human dies. A mother losing a son is not the same as a dog drowning in a river. Have you ever had a close family member die?

Yes I have. As I've said above my sister, who was also my closest friend, passed away.

A mother losing a son is not the same as a dog drowning in a river.

There's very little the same. My dog drowning in a river would be akin to one of my siblings drowning in the river.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

the sad thing is the garda wont do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

fits wrote: »

Absolutely. Its the journal's version of clickbait. The story is spurious at best but hey, it attracts attention so who cares?

So have you evidence the story or parts of it are not true?

Now I'm going to take a wild guess that you don't.

Also it has been reported elsewhere as well and the facts are as stated on the Journal and Gardai are also investigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

I have a pain in my chest and feel sick after reading that. :(
    Jesus Christ, that poor little thing. :(

People who do things like that should be branded for all to see! Permanently!

This thread has gone nuts I think some posters need somemore human interaction dogs and cats are not equal to humans and I say that as a dog and cat lover

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

This thread has gone nuts I think some posters need somemore human interaction dogs and cats are not equal to humans and I say that as a dog and cat lover

Friedrich Nietzsche — 'Man is the cruelest animal.'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Trespassing to beat a dog with a stick and then shoot it, for christ sakes

• Advertisement

To you. They're not equal to you. They just happen to be for me. That doesn't make me crazy, it just means I don't see humans as superior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

bluewolf wrote: »
    Trespassing to beat a dog with a stick and then shoot it, for christ sakes

if the dog had mauled him he'd have deserved a treat for acting against a threat to his family.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

He deserved a treat anyway. That family should have been reported

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

You're right, they are a lot better than the skanger that did this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

if the dog had mauled him he'd have deserved a treat for acting against a threat to his family.

It's almost as if there are 2 sides to every story!

To you. They're not equal to you. They just happen to be for me. That doesn't make me crazy, it just means I don't see humans as superior.

Lol next time you get sick don't bother going to a doctor ask your dog. If your house catchs fire wait for your dog to put it out of course humans are superior

Lol next time you get sick don't bother going to a doctor ask your dog. If your house catchs fire wait for your dog to put it out of course humans are superior

What? I said animals are equal, not that they can cure illnesses. Different doesn't mean unequal.

People are seroiusly degrading themselfs by saying there equal to dogs

The ones who do disgusting things to animals sure as fcuk aren't

• Advertisement

What? I said animals are equal, not that they can cure illnesses. Different doesn't mean unequal.

You said in the post above humans are not superior

Advertisement