Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staffie dog hogtied and cooked alive over a fire at The Curragh

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

conorh91 wrote: »
    Of course they didn't need to. But they did sensationalize it.

Headline: This Staffie dog was hogtied and cooked alive over a fire...

There was no evidence. Pure sensationalism

I notice that nobody even put their name to the article. I wouldn't either, if I'd written that nonsense.
    I agree it is sad that they use the real tragedy of a dog dying from abuse to concoct a fictional story for the shock value.

It's sad they thought dog dies was not bad enough. They had to spoof and that in the end has detracted from the real story. It is journalism in reverse.

And now the real story and who did this is overshadowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

I was searching for the dog burned alive article when I found this bizarrely similar article by The Journal. You'd have to wonder if this is another concoction. Maybe the horse was dead when it was burned? How can anybody tell by looking at a burned horse whether it died naturally and was semi-cremated, or burned alive?

http://www.thejournal.ie/horse-set-on-fire-1196968-Nov2013/
    A HORSE HAS died from extensive injuries after it was doused with petrol and set alight in Dublin last night...

The DSPCA inspectors at the scene said that it was evident that the horse had been alive when it was set alight...

The charity say that this is one of the most horrific incidents their inspectors have ever witnessed.

EDIT:

Yep, the above story was also a fake
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1129/490023-horse-death/

So in the past 14 months, The Journal has seemingly concocted two separate articles about animals being burned alive.

Click-bait.

Sick click-bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Reoil wrote: »
    Why people would have such ugly, ugly dogs is beyond me.

Doesn't seem all that ugly to me, not that it matters in a case of extreme cruelty like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Doesn't seem all that ugly to me, not that it matters in a case of extreme cruelty like this

here's my little one. proper ugly baby killer isnt she! :eek:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e59/rhythmtech/IMG159-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

So have you evidence the story or parts of it are not true?

Now I'm going to take a wild guess that you don't.

Also it has been reported elsewhere as well and the facts are as stated on the Journal and Gardai are also investigating.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0129/676495-dog-fire-kildare/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

I love animals and especially my own, I dont believe we deserve them anymore the level of twisted cruelty visible every day in this small country and worldwide is so upsetting to read about. The way we treat our animals is indicative of the kind of society we are.

I am sad to say we are a degenerative and vicious vile people breeding half bred horrible humans who think this is a fun thing to do on a wintery weekend roasting an unwanted dog more than likely someones companion or pet. Another hate crime will go unpunished in Ireland. I am sad to say it but the species who become extinct every other day are free of us and are the lucky ones we do not deserve animals.

A load of misanthropic bull plop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

893bet wrote: »
    Sounds like bull**** story. He would have been put down immediately.
    From journal to boards, the well worn path of verifiable factual reporting.

You really know the art of trolling is down the drain when you have overweight neckbeards having a go at "animal lovers".

It's statistically proven those who torture dogs are likely future serial killers that's the worrying issue.
    Show us this proof please.
    I think you're trying and failing to say "more likely"?

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Show us this proof please.
    I think you're trying and failing to say "more likely"?

im not trying to provide proof here. i know that cant be proven. but here's some interesting numbers to look at.
    Prof. Frank Ascione at the University of Denver and Prof. Arnold Arluke at Northeastern University estimate that one in four children and adolescents with conduct disorder have abused animals. Children who have been physically abused and exposed to domestic violence are at even higher risk. In an assessment of 1433 children ages 6 to 12, Ascione found that among abused children, 60% had abused animals.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/why-the-wild-things-are/201302/do-mass-killers-start-out-harming-pets

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

BBJBIG wrote: »
    The whole place is out of control - thanks to the loikes of the Politicians, Bankers, Builders, Developers, Clergy.
    To name but a few. And not one of those Kunts in Jail.

As a result - "the Divil finds work for Idle Hands".

I say bring back the Rope. And bring on the Birch.
    The scum that did that to a little Dog need to be flogged in Public with the Birch.

And as for the Traitors who brought this cuntry to its knees - a very Tall tree and a very Short Rope ...

Thread has jumped the shark. Some rant all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

but but but, think of the feelings of the guys that done this.
    they need hugs and kisses and not more jail time, blah blah blah. :rolly eyes)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Looks like a goreous aul mite! :)

currently a 3000 reward for information leading to an arrest. I am sure thats going to grow.

currently a 3000 reward for information leading to an arrest. I am sure thats going to grow.

hopefully their little scummy mates will rat them out. nothing like a wedge of cash to get little durtbag tongues wagging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

OMG she is gorgeous!:P

OMG she is gorgeous!:P

not according to some
    Reoil wrote: »
    Why people would have such ugly, ugly dogs is beyond me.

why people have such ugly, ugly thoughts is a much more pertenent question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

hopefully their little scummy mates will rat them out. nothing like a wedge of cash to get little durtbag tongues wagging.
    The 'burned-alive dog' story is a fake, read the previous page or so.

conorh91 wrote: »
    The 'burned-alive dog' story is a fake, read the previous page or so.

its not a fake. the journal may have used artistic license on the actual details but the incident happened.

http://www.kfmradio.com/news/29012015-1707/reward-offered-info-dog-burned-alive-curragh

also the kwwspca, the crowd that took him in have the full story on their facebook.

also, one of the girls involved is also involved with a staffy/pit bull group that im involved with and had the same story (or it was relayed thru a friend of hers. ill have to double check my facts on this one).

the vet never claimed he was 'burned alive' but that with the heat, the organs would have slowly heated to the point of failure.

somtimes the source is the best place to find the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Roquentin wrote: »
    the sad thing is the garda wont do anything

The sad thing is they might, but any time and effort they put into catching the little f*ckers would immediately be wasted as soon as a judge gave them a poxy suspended sentence.

If things like this aren't properly investigated by the Gardai, I would argue that it's almost solely likely to be the result of them having to see so much hard work go down the toilet when a judge decides that punishing criminals isn't what courts in Ireland are for. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,392 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Anyone who can do something disgusting like this is disturbed and evil. They're probably dying to do it to a fellow human being and it's only the law of the land that is preventing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 BertMark

its not a fake. the journal may have used artistic license on the actual details but the incident happened.

also the kwwspca, the crowd that took him in have the full story on their facebook.

also, one of the girls involved is also involved with a staffy/pit bull group that im involved with and had the same story (or it was relayed thru a friend of hers. ill have to double check my facts on this one).

the vet never claimed he was 'burned alive' but that with the heat, the organs would have slowly heated to the point of failure.

somtimes the source is the best place to find the truth.

It's not a fake but it is almost certainly an exaggeration. RTE have spoken with a volunteer at the kwwspca who said it was not as bad as made out and the dog wasn't cooked or heated, or whatever way you want to put it. The dog was horrifically mistreated but wasn't tied up and cooked over a fire. A Facebook page isn't really the most reliable source.

BertMark wrote: »
    It's not a fake but it is almost certainly an exaggeration. RTE have spoken with a volunteer at the kwwspca who said it was not as bad as made out and the dog wasn't cooked or heated, or whatever way you want to put it. The dog was horrifically mistreated but wasn't tied up and cooked over a fire. A Facebook page isn't really the most reliable source.

thats what KWWSPCA claim on their own page. quoting the vet.
    The vets said his organs had slowly cooked and over time failed.

if the kwwspca misquoted the vet or lied, im sure it will come out in the wash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

aido76 wrote: »
    RTE news saying some reports of dog being cooked alive not accurate

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0129/676495-dog-fire-kildare/

I knew it. As someone else said, it was just clickbait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Decuc500

smash wrote: »
    I knew it. As someone else said, it was just clickbait.

The original story may have been exaggerated but the dog was still horrifically mistreated.
    No need to feel so vindicated.:rolleyes:

Decuc500 wrote: »
    The original story may have been exaggerated but the dog was still horrifically mistreated.
    No need to feel so vindicated.:rolleyes:

Like I said before, I hate animal cruelty but there is zero evidence regarding the treatment or mistreatment of the dog. It's all just a connect the dots story and most of the details given previously were completely wrong.

Like I said before, I hate animal cruelty but there is zero evidence regarding the treatment or mistreatment of the dog. It's all just a connect the dots story and most of the details given previously were completely wrong.

all it takes is a look at the kwwspca page to get the right story, its been up there since before the journal one.

all it takes is a look at the kwwspca page to get the right story, its been up there since before the journal one.

And it's not true either.

The kwwspca page said:
    Tony, the vet who little Tony was named for, told us that they had cleaned his body in a special fluid and what was originally though to be dirt on him was in fact soot from a fire. The marks on his paws which also looked like dirt were actually the charred remains of whatever was used to hog tie him and hang him over a low burning fire. Laura and Aisling who picked him up remembered there had been the scorch marks of a fire near where he was found.

The RTE article said:
    The volunteer, who was called out to the animal last Monday morning, said there was nothing to suggest the dog was set on fire.

She said he was not hog-tied and it was not true to say he was roasted on a spit.

The volunteer said his fur was not burnt off, but some of it had been singed.

There were no third degree burns on his body, she said.

She said that the vet involved did not say he was "cooked" but that he may have had possible heat injuries.

And it's not true either.

The RTE article said:

this is what the kwwspca said
    Tony, the vet who little Tony was named for, told us that they had cleaned his body in a special fluid and what was originally though to be dirt on him was in fact soot from a fire. The marks on his paws which also looked like dirt were actually the charred remains of whatever was used to hog tie him and hang him over a low burning fire

as i said earlier, maybe the vet lied to them, or maybe they lied themselves. an rte report by an unnamed volunteer isnt proof against, it just means that somebody, the rescue, the vet or the volunteer is lying.

personally i'd be inclined to go with what they posted on their page. that the info they used came from the vet. im sure they'll have a statement to make anyway as people are asking for the facts on their page already this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

lazza14 wrote: »
    That had me welling up - absolute savagery ... what kind of mind does this ?

One that's emotionally and empathically detached from the pain it wishes to cause.

In many studies of killers, who calculated their action(s), it's been found that a great number of them first practiced their "art" on animals. But, not just any animals, they were animals that could vocalise their terror and pain, such as dogs.

Such vocalisations are part of the thrill that the killer achieves with their gruesome activity and a substantial amount of animal torturers and killers go on to "bigger things" like humans. It's the ability to elicit fear and pain that's part of the "control" desire that these people crave.

That's not to say that every person who harms a dog is going to be a serial killer, or a killer of any sort. But, someone who plans and then actively carries out the task of binding a dog and then burning it slowly over a fire, while the said animal is obviously in great and terrible agony is in serious need of a psychiatric evaluation and close monitoring of their future activities for the foreseeable future, if not for life.

• Advertisement

im not trying to provide proof here. i know that cant be proven. but here's some interesting numbers to look at.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/why-the-wild-things-are/201302/do-mass-killers-start-out-harming-pets
    Asked for reference showing mass murder rates, receive reference to "conduct disorders". Mmmmk.

Advertisement