Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Shards, shader and a bum towel for my titan... so no thanks to the RNG :D

Now now. Titans don't get bum towels. We get Dish Cloths.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just got a legendary handcannon from the nightfall

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

wexdevil wrote: »
    Just got a legendary handcannon from the nightfall

:(

And the frowny face is because.......?

I need 56 shaads. Time to level up my second Titan, and maybe ditch my Warlock (Don't tell Cormac) for a third?

Is it possible to Boost, or just power through the campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

I need 56 shaads. Time to level up my second Titan, and maybe ditch my Warlock (Don't tell Cormac) for a third?

Why have more than 1 Titan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Get a higher level friend or two to power you through the campaign at higher difficulty levels. Generally just running past enemies to get to the end boss/event.
    You hide / cower in the distance, maybe annoying the enemy with long distance sniper shots.
    There's a bit of a bump in xp not a huge amount but enough. I've done it with a few friends. The big advantage is you just race through the campaign picking up the xp.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Get a higher level friend or two to power you through the campaign at higher difficulty levels. Generally just running past enemies to get to the end boss/event.
    You hide / cower in the distance, maybe annoying the enemy with long distance sniper shots.
    There's a bit of a bump in xp not a huge amount but enough. I've done it with a few friends. The big advantage is you just race through the campaign picking up the xp.

Ooh and if you managed to get someone to take you through NF you'd get the bonus for the week.

2 people could handle omnigul imo.

Wouldn't mind doing something like that for my other guardian (who is a measly level 6 at the mo) of course I think it'd only work for lvl 26 up for NF, but still would be useful

Why have more than 1 Titan?

I've often asked that question myself, but beginning to see the benefits of concentrating on one class to maximise drop rates for armour specifically. Plus, I prefer the play style of the Titan.

Edit: I've just over 144 hours on the Titan, 15 Hours on the Warlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've often asked that question myself, but beginning to see the benefits of concentrating on one class to maximise drop rates for armour specifically. Plus, I prefer the play style of the Titan.

Edit: I've just over 144 hours on the Titan, 15 Hours on the Warlock.

I have actually been considering starting up a second Warlock so I can do double Nightfalls and Raids. I think I will give it a try but if getting to level 20 starts taking to long I might have to cut my losses on it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If you have 2 or 3 of the same type of character, when one becomes 32 they all do. Much less grindy and efficient way of doing things imo. I have 2 hunters, but I kept the warlock so I'd have a bit of variety

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I have one of each because I'm an idiot :pac:

Instant regret when you start doing it

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    I have one of each because I'm an idiot :pac:

Instant regret when you start doing it

I was the same until the DLC came out, deleted the Titan and replaced him with a hunter, didn't take long at all to get him up to 20. If all your characters are already 32 though it's not worth it obviously.

At least you're a Hunter, 2 of our guys have 3 warlocks, they're having great craic sitting on a ledge through 3 runs while we sword Crota :pac:

So let me just get this straight as I will hopefully get to level 32 on my hunter within then next 10 days or so, maybe even next Tuesday/Wednesday if loot drops suit me.

I have 2 characters

A level 31 Hunter and a level 6 Titan

I'd like to try a bit of variety so will keep the Titan.

If I create another Hunter (level 1 I presume) and then level up my lvl 31 hunter as soon as I can will the lvl 1 hunter also become lvl 32?

So I would have two lvl 32 hunters and 1 lvl 6 Titan.

That would be pretty awesome if true because then I could run the raid twice as often while leveling the Titan to 20.

Any very good warlock gear I get can be vaulted, and as soon as the Titan hits lvl 32 I can delete the additional hunter and work on a Warlock.

Is all that correct?

Once you get your Hunter (#2) to 20, when switching to that category you'll first remove all of your gear from your 32 Hunter (#1) and put it in the vault. Then when you're on character 2 you just go to the vault, take it all out and equip it making you 32, then switch it all back when you want to change to character 1 again.

So let me just get this straight as I will hopefully get to level 32 on my hunter within then next 10 days or so, maybe even next Tuesday/Wednesday if loot drops suit me.

I have 2 characters

If I create another Hunter (level 1 I presume) and then level up my lvl 31 hunter as soon as I can will the lvl 1 hunter also become lvl 32?

That would be pretty awesome if true because then I could run the raid twice as often while leveling the Titan to 20.

Any very good warlock gear I get can be vaulted, and as soon as the Titan hits lvl 32 I can delete the additional hunter and work on a Warlock.

Is all that correct?

As AdamD says, you'll need to level Hunter #2 to 20 before you could equip the high level armour.

AdamD wrote: »
    Once you get your Hunter (#2) to 20, when switching to that category you'll first remove all of your gear from your 32 Hunter (#1) and put it in the vault. Then when you're on character 2 you just go to the vault, take it all out and equip it making you 32, then switch it all back when you want to change to character 1 again.

Ah right - I'd actually realised that before - but then somehow got distracted by the last comment and somehow forgot how the game works haha

I have 2 characters

Is all that correct?

No you will have to get the Hunter to level 20 through doing story missions, bounties etc. When you've done that you will be able to equip legendary arnour and can then transfer your armour from your other hunter through the vault, so when you've done your nightfall or whatever with one hunter stick the armour in the vault and do it with the other. It doesn't take long to get to level 20 at all, get a higher level friend to help you sprint through the story missions.

Edit: Yeah what AdamD said.

HavelTRock wrote: »
    And the frowny face is because.......?
    I don't use handcannons

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Well I took the plunge. Started up a second Warlock on the Vita whole making dinner. Just went through the first level. So strange not being able to stroll through a level and popping enemy heads with one bullet.

Also weird in the first level that they have trip mines but they never make another appearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

I don't use handcannons

If its the Hawkmoon you should try it for PvE, The Last Word is better for PvP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Alright, just had the cleanest and quickest crota hard kill.

Joined a group of randoms from LFG, started up, 1st attempt, dead, nobody died, didnt even need to pick up an orb...

This thing is waaaaayyyyy to easy... got the new ship as well, didnt know there were two of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Was absolutely great craic last night solvable, in fairness if we were not slagging anything that moved we get it done alot quicker. Glad you popped the cherry last night, might do it again tonite with hunter. Redzer is ****in great craic for raids we bounce off each other all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I don't use handcannons

You should try it out. I found using handcannons improved my aim.

You should try it out. I found using handcannons improved my aim.

The time's I have used them I've just done awful, guess I should give them another go just to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Myself and Quad had a go at the level 30 Weekly to stock up on strange coins - and got my first legendary weapon engram drop. Got 'Two to the Morgue' shotgun ... which I'm expecting to have major fun with in Crucible.

I think I might actually prefer this to Invective.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

The time's I have used them I've just done awful, guess I should give them another go just to see.

Which one did you get? I first bought The Devil You Know which I though was great. Then I got TFWPKY and I use that a lot. Thorn is great fun to use too.

Which one did you get? I first bought The Devil You Know which I though was great. Then I got TFWPKY and I use that a lot. Thorn is great fun to use too.

It's called Red Hand IX, only other handcannons I've tried were blue and as I mention it didn't go so well.

Red Hand is very good, Hand Cannons are the best primaries too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Took a group of lads from work through VoG hard tonight. Expected some pain as they've only completed normal 3 or 4 times but we blitzed through in an hour so. 1 wipe on Templar and a few on Atheon but otherwise smooth.

Got Praedyths Timepiece which I have never got before in all my raid clears. Looks a bit **** but in the absence of fatebringer, it'll be handy for arc nightfalls.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement