Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLD SPELL Jan 28th Onwards: Wintry Showers/Frosty, Some Snow Accumulations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

Nice cover in Maynooth. Looks like more is coming

Hopefully it freezes and sticks around for a few days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

If it is raining in Cavan that means it is going to rain everywhere else so!!

Cavan is probably the coldest county in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

gfs-0-30.png?12
    its looking good just need plenty of precipitation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

ME forecast for sat Looks Interesting possibly more snow on the way

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    If it is raining in Cavan that means it is going to rain everywhere else so!!

Cavan is probably the coldest county in Ireland

Rain also reported in Mullingar...I think the 'good times' may be over this evening. Probably sleet at best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Rain also reported in Mullingar...I think the 'good times' may be over this evening. Probably sleet at best.
    Hopefully not rain where I'm headed now in the Land Rover~Drumgough near Lugnaquilla,followed by perhaps a pint down the road in Glenmalure if we make it :D

Camera phone at the ready

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snowing here again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

More snow. North Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Didn't expect to see the garden covered in snow again (Dublin 18). Snow shower coming through again

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Hopefully not rain where I'm headed now in the Land Rover~Drumgough near Lugnaquilla,followed by perhaps a pint down the road in Glenmalure if we make it :D

I'm sure you know you will have snow up there...order me a G+T...cheers! :)

Still light snow showers being reported at Dublin AP at 1900, so maybe we'll squeeze a few more flakes yet. Temp and DP on the rise now. 1.0c DP 0.4c atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I was once snowed in at the Hotel in Glenmalure. The stories I could tell about that night!:D

snowing again in drogheda

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

How Things are looking at the moment and the slight warmup that is causing the Cavan Rain :(

cfXGNp.png

Gn5vSc.png

That Wind chill in Scotland :eek:

TOD9Sx.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

On the way through sandyford about an hour ago

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

big flakes and lots of them in North Dublin for 10 mins solid there... back to light flurries now...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Snowing in north meath again to, the ground is white again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Snow and rain mix in d14 now :(

i think met eireann are playing down the snow threat tomorrow and saturday. they didnt go into detail at all past sunday so even they arnt sure wat will happen next week.
    i still think the north and northeast will have more sleet/snow tomorrow than rain/sleet. yes high ground will do better as it always does but some lower levels might get a few snow showers.
    tomorrows forecast from met eireann will be interesting.
    of course i could be wrong and if i am i am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Lots of snow here. Winter wonderland so it is. Have the flask beside me at the window. Still some light flakes falling. Thankfully the council fixed the lamppost outside my house. Flake watch till the wee hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

www.raintoday.co.uk down for anyone else ?

Stopped here in North Dublin, what managed to cling to the road has frozen. Will be interesting if more comes behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,026 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Saganist wrote: »

Down for me as well

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Saganist wrote: »

Stopped here in North Dublin, what managed to cling to the road has frozen. Will be interesting if more comes behind it.

Yes down for me also. Bummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

It is amazing in such a small country all the difference experiences with snow.

Some are getting trapped in their cars and others like in Naas is melting as it hits the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Coming down hard in north Dublin and settling. Won't last long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭AnotherYear

Bbc NI weather mentioned significant snow moving down across the Eastern half of NI so perhaps something for leinster as well. Sleet snow hail lightning stormy in Donegal atm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lucreto wrote: »
    It is amazing in such a small country all the difference experiences with snow.

Some are getting trapped in their cars and others like in Naas is melting as it hits the ground.
    And then in Clare, we have rain and a feckload of wind.
    Its so windy here the house refuses to go above 13c in any room without a fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Over on Two several people seems quite hopeful from this 'polar low' in terms of getting some snow from it (for the UK). Looking at the hi-res 12z GFS, synoptics don't exactly look world apart in terms of 850's & dew points from here to Wales (mentioned as a possible snow affected area).

Either way I don't see it. I couldn't get pure snow today with better uppers/DP's/everything.

EDIT: The bulk of this lows precip seems to be on it's eastern edge heading into the UK, looks like strips of showers for here so less interesting from the get go. Would be surprising still though if this produced good sonw over Wales/Midlands of the UK seeing as they will have similar DP's/Uppers. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭elecktras weather bomb

DSC_0002.JPGAttachment not found.

Snow Cat for Graces 7:D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭justy182

Bbc NI weather mentioned significant snow moving down across the Eastern half of NI so perhaps something for leinster as well. Sleet snow hail lightning stormy in Donegal atm

Yes. Something about an unexpected poar low just developed of Scotland. Don't really know much about it but saw in NI weather facebook page. Flash warning etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It very marginal for the east coast early tonight but in the second half of the night highly likely to be rain or sleet at most. We might get some snow out of the next trough line but after that most of the variables are just the wrong side of marginal. I don't expect much if anything other than rain or sleet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement