Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLD SPELL Jan 28th Onwards: Wintry Showers/Frosty, Some Snow Accumulations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

What's in store for tonight do we have more snow showers heading our way or are we done

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

I believe stepaside in Dublin has a good covering of snow

No it does not!
    Its a small bit on roofs, grass, that kind of thing. Paths roads clear!
    But you can see snow on the mountain and id guess thats at 200ASL and upwards.

But it was covered earlier and any showers to come would certainly stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Dublin 5 had snow for about 1 minute

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭elecktras weather bomb

sporadic bursts of rain / wet snow north Kildare . roads will be like glass later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭Mech1

I will be driving dunlaorie to D16 about 7.30 or so. I will take the johnnie foxes route and post a video.

• Advertisement

in my part of D15, just wet sleety shyte :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Misseskelly

Mech1 wrote: »
    I will be driving dunlaorie to D16 about 7.30 or so. I will take the johnnie foxes route and post a video.

The sis said a good lump on the ground up there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Tatranska I live on the northside but thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Nice heavy snow shower here now. With the strong breeze it's almost blizzard conditions. Thankfully. The light outside my house went at the weekend. I've been onto them all week to get it fixed. Missing out on some good lightpost watching.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Showers look to be really breaking up/loosing intensity as they cross the country. Temp on the rise here too! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I believe stepaside in Dublin has a good covering of snow

It doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

snow in ashbourne

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭highdef

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Showers look to be really breaking up/loosing intensity as they cross the country. Temp on the rise here too! :mad:

Dropping here about 40km west or so. 1.4c and slowly falling.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

had a small shower of snow which turned to rain:(

damp mess of a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭john why

Ok probably a stupid question but how does the temperature rise when the sun goes down.

Gonzo wrote: »
    had a small shower of snow which turned to rain:(

damp mess of a night.

And funnily enough, not a million miles away from you, my last shower consisted of massive snow flakes. Not a hint of rain. And we are both and similar enough altitudes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ken76

So much for these weather alerts

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

slightly milder sector coming in i think then any showers from the morning till saturday afternoon falling as rain away from high ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Snowing here in Tinahely not sticking though nice big flakes :(

highdef wrote: »
    And funnily enough, not a million miles away from you, my last shower consisted of massive snow flakes. Not a hint of rain. And we are both and similar enough altitudes.

probably more to do with how light the showers are. showers here so far are very light, only seen a few flakes in the wind during heavier bursts. Ground is wet now tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Nice heavy shower here but with 2.2c and Dew Point: 0.8°C its a mix of sleet and snow that won't stick.

Roads will be lethal in your parts later on so.

Nice heavy snow shower here now. With the strong breeze it's almost blizzard conditions. Thankfully. The light outside my house went at the weekend. I've been onto them all week to get it fixed. Missing out on some good lightpost watching.

Where is here?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Prospects for the South East not looking good with showers to the North West and West losing their energy. At least here in Waterford we saw a few flakes today.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

3Rock at 5:30 this evening, some fresh snow with compacted (and very slippery:o) snow/ice underneath.
    Very very windy up there. I had the mic coverd so it doesn't seem as bad.

Dónal wrote: »
    Where is here?

I'd guess Cork, going by the users location:confused:

For you and others, you are better off using the regular www version of Boards if location info is essential. I use the regular version for laptop, desktop and phone

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Squal after squal here in Limerick, more of a wind event than snow

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

Can't see much in the form of snow falling here in limerick city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Rain/Sleet and a few snowflakes in our last shower.

Due points too high. Too marginal. Su pretty much nailed my hopes last night anyway regards this.

Radar looks meh everywhere bar Northern areas, hopefully it picks up later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

It's gone very quiet in here! Are you all cooking dinner and waiting for RTE forecast?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement