Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Head over heart. Jezki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

What an animal, looked in trouble down the back, 6/1 in running. Spine tingling reception for the superstar Hurricane Fly

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Absolutely fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I backed Jezki, but there was only one horse I was cheering for jumping the last
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

A living legend. Ruby miles ahead of McCoy when it comes to tactical judgement yet again though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Crawled along for half the race. I dont think I have ever seen a true run 2 mile hurdle race over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

Who does Ruby ride if Hurricane Fly goes to Cheltenham now. Be very hard to step off Faugheen

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Who does Ruby ride if Hurricane Fly goes to Cheltenham now. Be very hard to step off Faugheen

He'd be mad to not ride Faugheen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Touched 8s on machine. Looked beaten along way from home, great ride by Ruby! Machine

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

DylanAFC wrote: »
    He'd be mad to not ride Faugheen.

I agree, but Hurricane Fly is more than just another horse to Ruby and will more than likely be his last Cheltenham apperance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Phantasos

How much drug testing is done on racehorses in Ireland? Today is just further confirmation for me that all is not as it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

Phantasos wrote: »
    How much drug testing is done on racehorses in Ireland? Today is just further confirmation for me that all is not as it seems.

Can't wait to hear this. Go on, fill us in.

You don't think these runaway Leopardstown winners and a certain someone's current great form is strange? They aren't just winning, they're blowing the others out of the water.

You don't think these runaway Leopardstown winners and a certain someone's current great form is strange? They aren't just winning, they're blowing the others out of the water.

Ah c'mon now, that's just ridiculous. They're blowing the others out of the water because they're the best horses in the race.

Fair enough, I'm not trying to sway opinion, I'm just saying what I think. I'm genuinely curious how racehorse drug testing works in Ireland though and how often it happens. I'd love to test a few samples from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Crawled along for half the race. I dont think I have ever seen a true run 2 mile hurdle race over here.

I've seen worse. At least Plinth tried to make a reasonable pace early.

An aside. Couldn't believe the amount of people who thought things would change this time around. The form between the two at Leopardstown is about as confirmed as you can get.

Theres no chance the Gigginstown horse is juiced, his owner has proven clean and cant risk his reputation by cheating at his hobby. Hurricane Fly ran to his exact form he always has around Leopardstown. Worse even you could say as he couldnt keep up half way through. Hardly a sign of drug use. Un de Sceaux beat horses in the same fashion hes been doing for 2 years. I'd say your notions are nonsense to be honest

corny wrote: »
    An aside. Couldn't believe the amount of people who thought things would change this time around. The form between the two at Leopardstown is about as confirmed as you can get.

He beat Jezki a neck last time and there was better ground today. Are we forgetting that Jezki has already beaten HF around one of his home stomping grounds also, comfortably in April? HF was rightly fav but it was hardly a foregone conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

Another poor ride by ap on jezki, the horse needs cover and to have a lead coming to the last. Ruby will definitely ride faugheen, could maybe see hurricane fly skip Cheltenham and go to the aintree hurdle. It's a horrible mug treble but what beats faugheen in de sceaux and Annie power on the first day?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

I think the age difference between the fly and jezki is what worried people.

• Advertisement

Another poor ride by ap on jezki, the horse needs cover and to have a lead coming to the last. Ruby will definitely ride faugheen, could maybe see hurricane fly skip Cheltenham and go to the aintree hurdle. It's a horrible mug treble but what beats faugheen in de sceaux and Annie power on the first day?

They'll be 3 of the greatest bad e/w races off all time. Find some consistent horses to places for an excellent e/w accum. Funny thing is, with Chelt being so competitive pricewise on day 1, I can see all 3 of those hotpots being value in the morning at early prices. They'll go off stupid short though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Meath Centre Forward

The Fenton debacle should have opened up a lot of eyes in terms of drug misuse. I would say it's probably a bit more rampant that just him. He didn't even that much or that often.

It's unfair to say Mullins is though. A better explanation for his success is the owners and their money. He's getting all the good French bred's and Irish P2Per's.

I cannot agree that Jezki got a bad ride. I think saying that is blindly ignoring the obvious and that is that he got tired and reeled in by Hurricane Fly a bit too easily. Nevertheless he heads to Cheltenham with a good chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    They'll be 3 of the greatest bad e/w races off all time. Find some consistent horses to places for an excellent e/w accum. Funny thing is, with Chelt being so competitive pricewise on day 1, I can see all 3 of those hotpots being value in the morning at early prices. They'll go off stupid short though

It will all depend on what horses win, if douvan and un de sceaux win faugheen will be 4/5 if not I could see him being 2/1. I seen a john mulholland "special" the other day willie to have 7 or more winners, 9/4 he must think people are simple.

Cant fault McCoy on Jezki. Horse is never 100% until Cheltenham and that slow pace killed any chance he had, he was pulling the arms out of A.P for the first few furlongs. If there is 1 plus, we will get a better price on him for the Champion Hurdle, cant see anybody but Faugheen beating him.

It will all depend on what horses win, if douvan and un de sceaux win faugheen will be 4/5 if not I could see him being 2/1. I seen a john mulholland "special" the other day willie to have 7 or more winners, 9/4 he must think people are simple.

People are simple, there were many punters I know who got reeled in to similar bets last year. Fellas just haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Looking forward to this bumper at leopardstown if Fuji mountain runs a big race the price on au quart de tour will nose dive.

willie to have 7 or more winners, 9/4 .

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Someone got €3 on Fugi Mountain at 500/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    He beat Jezki a neck last time and there was better ground today. Are we forgetting that Jezki has already beaten HF around one of his home stomping grounds also, comfortably in April? HF was rightly fav but it was hardly a foregone conclusion

No we aren't forgetting that was at Punchestown thats why i mentioned Leopardstown so..... anyway......

Didn't mean to say it was a foregone conclusion, maybe should have been clearer for you. Just that the speculative punt that the very slight improvement in the ground was worth more than the race and course form for a huge number of people was surprising to me. Very recent course form too.

• Advertisement

No we aren't forgetting that was at Punchestown thats why i mentioned Leopardstown so..... anyway......

Didn't mean to say it was a foregone conclusion, maybe should have been clearer for you. Just that the speculative punt that the very slight improvement in the ground was worth more than the race and course form for a huge number of people was surprising to me. Very recent course form too.

Speculative punt? You'd swear Jezki was a handicapper running against Hurricane Fly. Bottom line is Jezki will put him in his place come March, that's if Hurricane Fly will even show up at Cheltenham.

Advertisement